↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Stinger Roadkill install review and questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
churchy

2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Stinger Roadkill install review and questions
Short (ish) and to the point to help those that may have been pondering......

Product - Stinger Roadkill purchased from MudStuff (delivered next day). Currently on offer.

Quantity used - 1 box

Model - 110 CSW

Duration - 1.5 days which included full deep clean of removed carpets and all areas to be covered in roadkill, removing third row occasional seats and cleaning and repsraying seat fixing brackets (rusty) & refitting, removing catch bracket and plastic surround for middle row seats, treating all bolt / screw holes with ACF50.

Completed with full coverage (decided not to do spot coverage just for personal preference) -

- driver & passenger footwells.
- middle row footwell
- all of rear tub floor (ex last third of floor as ran out), wheel arches sides & top.
- rear tub metal sides (which I also then carpeted bought from car audio centre)
- under mid row seats

Still to do -

- front seat boxes / compartments.
- doors
- underside of bonnet

Verdict -

- why did I not do it before!
- whole vehicle seems more sturdy and def quieter.
- the wife commented even before I did - " doesn't sound like the noisy old landrover anymore....what a difference!"
- only completed 1 journey so far but the difference on both tarmac and gravel tracks of the plain was noticeable.

Have to say it's become a bit addictive!

Questions -

1. Has anyone bought / used the pre cut under bonnet kit (only available it seems in dynamat)? If so who from?
2. Do i buy another full box just to do the doors and seatboxes and have a go at cutting it for under the bonnet myself?
(I'll have loads left over because i am not doing the roof)
3. Is there room to do the sliding lids under the front seats either underside or topside - which is best as don't want to squidge heated seat wiring?

Thanks and hope that helps those considering doing this.....
Post #659123 23rd Oct 2017 10:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1