Re: Lets us try and be happy like we were a few weeks ago
gilarion wrote:
The Westminster Bridge, terrorism act.
The Manchester bombing.
The London stabbing and a van ploughing into people an act of terrorism
The Grenfell Tower fire.

How much more can we stand.
Not much more.

Now not for one minute do I wish to try and degrade what these people who have lost loved family and all that they own in these disasters sway our thoughts.

But without dismissing these people, and what they are going through, and who we share our country with and knowing that we cannot change the circumstances of those affected by these atrocities.

So let us try and bring ourselves back to a feeling of happiness, while still feeling the sorrow of those affected by recent events, I know this maybe for some hard as we have all felt the sadness of recent events, nevertheless let us try and bring some joy back to ourselves.

It may be hard, but this is my post to try and bring some enjoyment to negate the woe of recent events.

.....................................................................................................................................................
Smile Smile Smile Smile

‘My son and his girlfriend are getting married on June 24th it is going to be a joyous affair, a church wedding and a hotel reception in which I fully intend to get inebriated and embarrass my son with my dad’s dancing (both dirty dancing and Grease Summer Nights have no equal),

My wife’s hat will overshadow everyone else’s in church not because it is by a well-known milliner but because she has made it herself, even though I have said it will probably eclipse the sun. And could, as I have said to my relations today may because of the brim size give rise to a BBC documentary led by Brain Cox as to the origin of Saturn’s Rings.

And to top it all off, the vicar who we got I think on a time share from the bargain basement from the church of England, may have and I am not sure yet if he has Tourette’s or dementia but is certainly odd, will probably marry the best man to a young bridesmaid or even worse will in a moment of forgetfulness snog the bride!

So if you can give us something in your life that will make us smile in what has been an awful few weeks do so all post no matter what will qualify, give us something in your life that will make us smile in what has been an awful few weeks, all post no matter what will qualify, even if it is just seeing a young fox in your garden waiting for the nuts that our resident squirrel drops from the bird feeder, which I did this morning may make us smile I know it did me: Thumbs Up

I see your "location" ..Wales & Manchester,...I'm 50% Welsh, & I lived at Abbey Hay Manchester "many" years ago!!
But the purpose of this post is to wish you all the best with the wedding, & particularly your comment as to the "Church Of England Vicar"..My Grandfather was a C. Of E. Vicar in Rhymney for over 30 years, and my Dad was also a "C. Of E. Vicar",...at a few Parishes in Manchester & also at a little Village in Herefordshire, Vowchurch, before emigrating to Aussie! Anyway, if you have a "Church Of England Vicar", I hope He does a good job for you!
And finally, pictures of your wife's hat, and a video of your "dancing" will be mandatory.
I wish you all the best for a great day!
Pickles.
Post #632165 19th Jun 2017 12:20am
defender4

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Father's Day with my daughter and son in law and two grandsons at the elder one's primary school fete in the sunshine, then back to their place for a bbq ... (A21 closed on the way back Mad but we're ignoring that).
Post #632167 19th Jun 2017 5:23am
AndyS

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
Took the dog out for a 4:30am walk, difficult to be too affected by the worlds problem at that time of day.

Click image to enlarge
Post #632177 19th Jun 2017 7:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12