↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Oztent RV-5 and all the trimmings oiro £1100
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lancerdoc999

United Kingdom 
[For Sale] Oztent RV-5 and all the trimmings oiro £1100
Hi all, it is with some reluctance that I have an Oztent RV-5 for sale. It comes with side panels, front panel, fly sheet and ground sheet. We now have three kids so can't really fit in it any more in the way that we camp. We toyed with the idea of buying a RV-5 tagalong but have bought a different family tent so can't justify keeping this beauty!

It is a fantastic tent made from polycotton canvas fabric. This makes it tougher, longer lasting, darker for sleeping and less noisy in the wind. The main tent part takes less than a minute once out of the bag to put up. Attaching the other parts takes a little longer and can be all done with 1 person. I have the tough purpose fit ground sheet which covers the sleeping compartment and the outer part. The side panels and front panels create a closed space.

The tent has a built in awning and if the front panel is attached this also has an awning as part of it.

We have had the tent for a few years and I bought it off a chap who had had it for a few years also. It is the larger more modern RV-5 and the previous one had a shorter compartment.

There was some damage (under the previous owners usage) to one of the peaks of the main front awning and the side panel in very high winds (although we have pitched in very high coastal winds and can't figure out how it would have happened) but the tear in the panel has been sealed and repaired. Nothing leaks. We camped in Cornwall 2 years ago and it poured with rain for at least half the two weeks but we stayed nice and dry. The darker fabric makes for a much better nights sleep.

We slept on two oztent stretchers and two kids camp beds with some space to spare. In theory with simple sleep mats you could get 5 in fine. (hence the RV-5)

If bought new the setup would cost £1500 (see BOAB website)

I'm going to put it on eBay tomorrow evening (if no one interested on here) and would like to get at least £1100. Bar the minor damage it is in full working condition. I would prefer if it was collected and am happy to exchange within a reasonable travel distance of Cardiff. I would be happy to package it up (the main tent has a postage bag and the accessories can be packaged separately) if you want to arrange a courier. I used Parcelforce as they will collect long/heavy parcels. I don't remember it costing all that much.

will attach some pics after this. Thanks for looking. Item is located near Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan
Post #628664 3rd Jun 2017 1:22pm
Lancerdoc999

United Kingdom 
here are the photos:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #628678 3rd Jun 2017 3:09pm
ROBBONTHEROCK

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Firenze Red
Timing, i just bought an RV3.....

nevermind Smile

If your selling a foxing I'd maybe buy it Smile

Cheers
Andy
Post #628683 3rd Jun 2017 3:24pm
Lancerdoc999

United Kingdom 
sell your 3 and buy the 5!
Post #628848 4th Jun 2017 10:02am
Lancerdoc999

United Kingdom 
just a heads up that this available on eBay tomorrow night if anyone looking for an Oztent RV-5
Post #630426 10th Jun 2017 6:44pm
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
its a lot of money for a tent but they are superb, we use one (JV edition) for family trips, cant fault them, brilliant build quality. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #630611 11th Jun 2017 8:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1