Home > Australia & New Zealand > Buying Land Rovers in Oz
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Buying Land Rovers in Oz
Hello Aussies Thumbs Up

My best friend is dual national UK/Oz and is taking up a job in Robina nr Brisbane. He wants to get a LR but can't decide. He's a Defender man at heart but is faffing around like a girl moaning about reliability. Am I right in thinking 90s don't get sold down under? How are new v. 2nd hand prices out there? He's mumbling about a RRS (despite the fact that he's got no drugs to deal!).

Any experience of new v. old and tips for Aussie LR buying would be gratefully received.
Post #57509 7th Feb 2011 8:35pm
JimmyLR

Australia 
Can't really say much regarding reliability issues as I just bought my first one and its got 3 year warranty. I can say LR have brought the Defender 90 back to Oz and its currently available for very good drive-away promotional price- new. I've had a look at the second hand market and there are quite a few available and depending on aftermarket options some good extras and deals around on the current spec 110's and 130s and even 90s.

There is also some good buying in the td5 range especially 110 but I again I wouldn't know much about them. The TD5 90s are quite expensive given the vintage compared to other makes. All I know is the air-con is grunty enough for around SEQ/ Robina way. Don't know what RSS means either?
Post #57609 8th Feb 2011 5:23am
KarlB

Australia 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
Defenders sold in Australia are no different from Defenders sold in the UK so the issue of reliability is a universal one, if it is one at all. D90s were reintroduced to Australia just on 12 months ago. The Australian market does not support as many variants (specs) as is available in the UK. All the info is readily available on the LR Australian website (http://www.landrover.com/au/en/lr/). Defender 90s are as rare as hens teeth on the 2nd hand market, as are 130s, compared to 110s. The stealers usually have stock unless you want something a little unusual. You just may not get the colour or factory fitted accessory combo you would prefer.

Cheers
KarlB
In Gods own country, except for the bits that have been devastated by floods, cyclones, bushfires and drought. Doesn't leave much!
Smile
Post #57613 8th Feb 2011 5:49am
Vixen

Australia 
As has been said, he'll be lucky to get a 90 secondhand in Oz.
Second hand vehicles are much cheaper of course. He'll get a good 2006 td5 110 for $28,000 or less if he wants newish. Plenty of secondhand on the market if you have time to look....luckily quite a few on the Gold Coast where he is looking to come to.

Suggest he keep an eye on ebay in Oz, Oz Trading Post Online, Car Point Online etc to get an idea of what is available and at what price.
Post #57617 8th Feb 2011 8:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1