Home > Td5 > Anyone need a few quid?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Williamraff

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Alveston Red
Anyone need a few quid?
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, my on - going spinal issues now render me useless as a Land Rover mechanic - I am however determined to persevere with my latest acquisition- 2006 110 Td5 but could do with some help in getting her up and running.

The MOT is due and I know it needs a new steering box, rear propshaft, full service, clutch master cylinder, clutch pedal spring and quite soon it will need a new clutch judging by the weight of the pedal and the screeching of the release bearing? These are before it goes in for the test so who knows what else it might fail on?

I have replaced the front prop and can replace the wipers bulbs etc but the prop took forever to do and caused me a lot of pain so if anyone is local to LS21 - Otley, West Yorkshire and is happy to work on my drive I would be interested to know what I might need to pay to address some / all of the above?

I have a garage and most equipment necessary to carry out the works but I work full time and the garage is full so it would be the driveway only I am afraid.

I have ordered some of the parts and can arrange delivery of any other parts / materials up front so there would be no financial outlay.

Why don't I just take it to a garage - simple answer is I paid too much for the vehicle and I can't afford garage rates - I would also feel better about giving my hard earned to someone with an affinity for Land Rovers and hopefully experience of this particular model.

So there we have it - hopefully a reciprocally beneficial arrangement for both parties.

If the above is of any interest to anyone please feel free to respond and we can take it from there.

Many thanks, Will Smile .
Post #622294 7th May 2017 12:38am
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Good Luck I'm sure there will be someone come along whom can tie up with you, also good luck with the back, I know how that can be. DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #622299 7th May 2017 5:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1