↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Pictures & Video > land rover series
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
lrdxb110

United Arab Emirates 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
land rover series
As I had time today to finally look for a series 1 or 2 which I would like to rebuild recently got an address for a guy owns a shop, he repairs and sells land rover series models, I went to have a look and unfortunately his workshop was closed due to health reasons but i took some pictures from outside which was mostly scrap land rovers and inside his workshop he had some really nice ones inside which i peaked through the windows, this is what i saw outside Mr. Green

Series I, II & IIA

Click image to enlarge

LR Lightweights

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Series II

Click image to enlarge

Went down road and I saw this beauty in another workshop and it was for sale. In a heartbeat I was going to buy it but I can't cause its right hand drive and we can't register RHD's here Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

There was many more inside the workshop but I will be making another trip down there, cant wait. :mrgreen:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  '08 LR Defender 110
'08 Mini Cooper S - Sidewalk
'86 MB 500 SL
'79 MB 450SEL 6.9
Post #56988 5th Feb 2011 8:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
Wow! There is no way I could have kept my wallet in my pocket with some of those S2's

Great photos

Thanks
Post #57020 5th Feb 2011 10:59pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
That really is LR heaven.... I would be begging for the owner to let me stay there and live with them!!

Click image to enlarge

I am in love with this wagon!!!

Glyn Dog :sheep:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #57028 5th Feb 2011 11:43pm
lrdxb110

@the boy yeh its just amazing to see these old land rovers when you surrounded by ppl in toyota's everywhere, always I get the wave or thumbsup when in my defender 110 Thumbs Up

@Glyn I could have it shipped to you instead of it rotting there.

I will be visiting him next week and have a look inside his workshop at what hes got, had a peak through the windows and there are some mint series 2 in there, cant wait. I ll get some more pictures up. Mr. Green '08 LR Defender 110
'86 MB 500 SL
'79 MB 450SEL 6.9
Post #57053 6th Feb 2011 8:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
Those are scrap? They are in better nick than half the ones driving round here - look at them, lovely straight bodywork and all pretty unmolsted...I saw no chequer plate...my, to have one as tidy as those.
I'd be very curious how a Belgian Military Minerva ended up in Dubai though Laughing 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #57071 6th Feb 2011 10:26am
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
lrdxb110 wrote:

@Glyn I could have it shipped to you instead of it rotting there.

I think you should become a salesman... I wish I could aford it all

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #57081 6th Feb 2011 10:54am
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
How much for that mint SI? That's a stunning restoration job. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #57082 6th Feb 2011 11:01am
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
Fantastic Thumbs Up keep us informed Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #57083 6th Feb 2011 11:07am
lrdxb110

22900013A wrote:
Those are scrap? They are in better nick than half the ones driving round here - look at them, lovely straight bodywork and all pretty unmolsted...I saw no chequer plate...my, to have one as tidy as those.
I'd be very curious how a Belgian Military Minerva ended up in Dubai though Laughing

Rolling with laughter Most of the ones at the back are scrap, but wait I haven't yet seen our local land rover scrap yard here in UAE so will be passing by soon. Oddly enough UAE was formed in 1971 by then the trucial states after independence from Britain and land rovers were used alot to move people around in the deserts when roads didn't exist. Actually the place i went was not exactly dubai but near the emirate of Fujarirah about 150 Km from dubai. The UAE is a federation of seven states. I will ask the owner next week when I see him. Mr. Green '08 LR Defender 110
'86 MB 500 SL
'79 MB 450SEL 6.9
Post #57144 6th Feb 2011 3:38pm
lrdxb110

@Glyn - Actually I would like to buy them all and start a small land rover museum but unfortunately I don't have the funds Whistle

@alantd - This s1 was in a different workshop abit down the road, I left my name and number with the workshop and asked them to contact the owner and find out if it was for sale, still waiting, it was a lovely looking example, did have a quick look underneath and the frame did have bits of rust but can be easily cured.

@willy - Cheers, def will post more pics. Thumbs Up '08 LR Defender 110
'86 MB 500 SL
'79 MB 450SEL 6.9
Post #57145 6th Feb 2011 3:43pm
IanMac

United Arab Emirates 
lrdxb110 wrote:
@Glyn - Actually I would like to buy them all and start a small land rover museum but unfortunately I don't have the funds Whistle

@alantd - This s1 was in a different workshop abit down the road, I left my name and number with the workshop and asked them to contact the owner and find out if it was for sale, still waiting, it was a lovely looking example, did have a quick look underneath and the frame did have bits of rust but can be easily cured.

@willy - Cheers, def will post more pics. Thumbs Up

Hi just joined, I to have been there he also has a ton of series 1 parts that are NOS. Most of the ones in his shop are military. The Minerva is the 3rd one I have seen in the UAE. a lot of the ones in the back of his shop come from Greece. I am hoping to get there myself as I would like to do up another L/W or the Minerva. If you look in the window of the show room there is a sign with the phone #.
The only broblem I find here is that they want to much for the old ones so it would be interesting to find out what he asks for one of them.
Post #61645 1st Mar 2011 2:48pm
lrdxb110

Welcome to the forum Ianmac! Thumbs Up Do share some of your land rover history with us here.

Just haven't had the time to go down there again, when I went down I tried calling but it was 3pm in the afternoon and its their nap time Rolling with laughter I did peak through the windows and he had some lovely looking series 1 in there. How much does he want, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a series 3 109, plenty around in uae but in real bad condition so found a few ex-mod series 109 in england, mint condition too.

Cheers. '08 LR Defender 110
'86 MB 500 SL
'79 MB 450SEL 6.9
Post #61670 1st Mar 2011 4:30pm
IanMac

United Arab Emirates 
lrdxb110 wrote:
Welcome to the forum Ianmac! Thumbs Up Do share some of your land rover history with us here.

Just haven't had the time to go down there again, when I went down I tried calling but it was 3pm in the afternoon and its their nap time Rolling with laughter I did peak through the windows and he had some lovely looking series 1 in there. How much does he want, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a series 3 109, plenty around in uae but in real bad condition so found a few ex-mod series 109 in england, mint condition too.

Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome. I have had L/Rs off and on for over 30 years back in Canada and even bought one here back in 1999 while I was here on a job. It was a exarmy one from the UAE (109) and shipped it back when I had finished my contract.
I am now in transsion as I will be living in New Zealand when I finsh here so have started a collection down there. I now have 12 L/Rs most are ex military. I have 5 of the exNZArmy series 3 109 stage 1 V8s and two ex British Army Defenders. I bought the Defenders here in Dubai and had them shipped to N/Z last year as they were right hand drive. I did speak to some one at the Sharjia car museum and they say you can get a special licence for a right hand drive vehicle here in the UAE, but have not followed this up as of yet. I have yet to get in contact with this fellow as well but on my searches I have come accross a few early ones and they are about 6000 to 10000 dollars once you do the exchange rate. I havn't haggled with any one yet so it may be the top price quoted to see if your interested or not. If you want to sit and talk L/Rs give me a call 050 554 8337.
Post #61800 2nd Mar 2011 12:36pm
sarahcoles

United Kingdom 
Awesome defenders. Smile
Post #69720 5th May 2011 5:44am
Troodos Tom

Switzerland 
Fantastic defenders.. I'm nursing a semi now.
Post #69924 6th May 2011 9:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>