↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Series Land Rovers > Brooklyn Beckham and his SIII
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Agreed, don't understand this "look at me I despise David Beckham" attitude. There are far worse folk to pick on than him and I'll bet he's done more for other people than anyone on here....
Post #618751 22nd Apr 2017 9:46pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Im with Stacey and Riverboy cut the lad some slack, his parents are his parents he is only young and he will mature and gain world experience as he gets older....unlike some on here who should maybe know better given their age but because he is a Beckham its seems acceptable to have a go.....wow how very sad. 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #618759 22nd Apr 2017 10:04pm
Swac3

The Press article is way more annoying to me than the beckhams or their offspring are, I'm only annoyed that I took the time to read it to be honest.

The Family are what they are, Celebrities and their financially privileged offspring, what the kids do with or how they cope with their abnormal position only time will tell. Its not likely to affect me personally either way, so wish them all the best.

The press article however irks me.

Driving mishaps !! 4 parking fines jees who gives a monkeys.
Flashy 35k ! pricey vehicle ? Not exactly like hes thrashing an Aventador round Kensington.

Yawn, as much interest as I have in the kartrashians or the plastic houswifes of wherever. 3 Landrovers
Post #618790 23rd Apr 2017 12:18am
Rallymental

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
scotty38 wrote:
Agreed, don't understand this "look at me I despise David Beckham" attitude. There are far worse folk to pick on than him and I'll bet he's done more for other people than anyone on here....

I take it you weren't referring to me? Shocked

I was taking a swipe more at the way the article was written; large vehicle, new Land Rover, jeep etc.
I don't have a problem with David Beckham, he drives a defender, he rides motorbikes and shoots (although not at the same time!) he may even be a secret def2 member!!!

Although his wife is a bit odd Whistle The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Solihull, 1948 - "If we paint the chassis, it will last for years"
Solihull, 2015 - "If we paint the chassis.............................
Post #618799 23rd Apr 2017 2:04am
David T

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Best of luck to them. I have great respect for Mr Beckham, he was a great footballer and made himself millions playing the game. He's now become a global brand and is making even more. Same goes for his wife, different line of business but same priciple, make a fortune and go on to enlarge it through hard work. OK, so designing clothes and Land Rover interiors is not exactly going to save the planet but you can't fault the work ethic. If they instill that into their kids, good on them. I'm sure we'll be reading a lot about them over the years to come.
The Beckhams know the difference between fashion and style, between "on trend" and "iconic". Hopefully one of them will buy a Lambretta and spark a Mod revival, I've got a lovely stylish and iconic '62 S3 waiting Mr. Green

As for the Daily Mail article, it's just a Daily Mail article. I hav'nt read it. As "newspapers" go, the Mail is supposed to be a bit of a joke is'nt it?
Post #618813 23rd Apr 2017 6:31am
mini Anaconda

United Kingdom 
"The model kept cool as he opened half of his window for some fresh air while taking to the road" Laughing

Nice looking Series though! Thumbs Up
Post #618817 23rd Apr 2017 7:56am
JJ

United Kingdom 1987 Defender 110 V8 Petrol CSW Corris Grey
You can't choose your parents but you can choose which car to drive, much respect to the young man. HR064 Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 Response
Post #618825 23rd Apr 2017 8:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Don't get some of the remarks on here. From people who've never met him, or his dad, or know what they're like. I haven't either, but I'm led to believe that Dad is a genuinely, genuinely nice guy. I hope some the kids are raised to be the same. However, his dad's a car nut, he's also wealthy and (like it or not) he's a fashion icon. So no doubt some of that will rub off on Jnr. So he's got one because a. He loves cars or b. He follows trends. He's a kid, usual score. He just happens to have a dad who can buy him what he would like and for whatever reason. I learnt to drive in a S3 and if I had been given the chance to have a mint model like his at that age, I'd have bitten my dad's arm off. Sadly, whilst my dad could afford it, he's not 'into' cars, so I got a Fiat Uno Shocked , but count myself lucky to have had one at all. As far as parking tickets, he's no more than fool, I know as I have had one or two in the past. Any Londoner knows you can 'play the game' and try and pop into a shop without paying, but if you're caught out you get burnt. But you can't knock the kid for the S3 or parking tickets, just smacks of chips-on-shoulders. And as for 'more money than sense' are we saying that if we had that much money we wouldn't also by a mint S3? I doubt it.... Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #618828 23rd Apr 2017 9:14am
milesr3

2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Keswick Green
Never believe a word written in the Daily Mail. From the style you can see it's just tripe!

As someone who could probably have any car they wished for, what a great choice.
Post #618830 23rd Apr 2017 9:19am
Andy80

England 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Cairns Blue
Smart little Series 3, Good on Brooklyn to appreciate a simple vehicle to learn how to drive properly! Thumbs Up

Most of the artical is tabloid rubbish not to be read into to deeply.... Working towards Carry on camping!
Post #618831 23rd Apr 2017 9:25am
JR

Scotland 1984 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Coniston Green
Looking at the photo captions in the article it repeatedly refers to his 5 year old sister as 'daughter Harper (5)'!!

I think the journo was being a bit lazy and doing the old copy/paste from the standard David Beckham copy! Laughing Rolling with laughter
Post #618885 23rd Apr 2017 3:22pm
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Rallymental wrote:

I take it you weren't referring to me? Shocked

No, I wasn't Thumbs Up
Post #618886 23rd Apr 2017 3:40pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Cool respect to the beckhams Cool
Post #618887 23rd Apr 2017 3:56pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Swac3 wrote:
The Press article is way more annoying to me than the beckhams or their offspring are, I'm only annoyed that I took the time to read it to be honest.

Totally agree Mike
Post #618889 23rd Apr 2017 4:10pm
Kit

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Scotia Grey
Good on him, shows a bit more character than the average pleb 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #618893 23rd Apr 2017 4:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>