↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
familymad wrote:
There will be a fair few Puma's from 2015/16 arrive on the used market when the new Defender arrives. I have a few mates who bought one and it's really not liked by the family. It was bought as a first ever Defender and a must have accessory. To own a 'Defender' which feels and drives like an Ewok, they'll be out of the Puma like a shot.

That could put pressure on values for sure.

That has long been my thought - there are currently 133 x 90s and 74 x 110s from 2015-16 listed on Autotrader alone. That is 207 nearly new Defenders for sale and that is without checking the commercial section of Autotrader.

First group were the speculators - buy to sell. The second group were the 'need to buy an icon before it is gone' group; some of those will stick with it but if you are used to an ML, X5, etc, the Defender is never going to be comparable. I have no doubt a large portion of these will also contribute to the cars for sale.

Dealers are keeping the prices inflated at the moment but demand will alter this.

My guess is that the Defender will always be reasonably good news but silly prices will be reserved for those considered 'collectible.'

However, my point stands, year has to count for something when pricing a modern car!? And, as we all know, how you maintain a Defender is really what should determine price - they don't age well without constant attention. As was said above, I'd rather have a cherished 2007 than a neglected 2011.
Post #615538 9th Apr 2017 3:39pm
meeerrrk

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Re: Puma Prices
AM94 wrote:
In my search for a Defender, other than falsely described cars, the most frustrating element is how prices are all over the place.

Has anyone else noticed how dealers seem to be ignoring the year of the PUMA and simply slapping a price on it based on model and spec. I know old classic cars are often priced this way - spec and model of the said car becoming more relevant than year - however, the PUMA is hardly a classic.

Today I found quite a few identical spec 90 SWs, 2007-2011, similar miles, same spec (XS) and all were priced at £21-22k.

So a 2007 XS with circa 60k miles - £21

2011 XS with circa 20k miles - £22

Seems mad to me.

I agree with you, I struggled myself. Hang in there, the right one will come up . Don't be turned off by cars not to your spec, they are so customisable anything is possible! My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #615629 9th Apr 2017 8:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12