Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chopperone

United Kingdom 
Mobile phones - service issue
Hi
We run two iPhones - a 7 & an 8.
Upto last week we were with EE on a sim only contract.
I decided to change to Plusnet as they offered a deal at £5 per month which provided everything we needed. Free unlimited calls & enough data to satisfy our needs.

Plusnet piggyback onto the EE network.

Just before I left EE I was advised that the coverage would not be as good with Plusnet by EE. There equivalent cost is £15 per month per phone.

On joining Plusnet I asked the same question & was told that the service would be the same as being with EE.

I think the service that I am getting is not as good - I get frequent No Service displays were previously EE worked

Does anyone know IF I am getting a 2nd class service from Plusnet as opposed to what I got from EE.
I have tried the usual things - removing Sim for 5 mins etc but it is the same on both phones
TIA
Guy May your life be like toilet paper ; long & useful.
Post #759616 19th Feb 2019 6:10pm
VVS210

United Kingdom 
Sounds to me as if what you are experiencing may be a result of you phone no longer 'piggy backing' onto another networks cell. That is, with my O2 phone the local cell is GPRS still but because I am a 'full' O2 customer I get the advantage of the phone being able to roam & use the cell that has the best service irrespective of whether it's O2 or not - whilst the phone still says O2 it's actually getting 4G from a Vodafone cell. I'm wondering whether EE offer the same but not via PlusNet?
Post #759644 19th Feb 2019 7:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1