↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > defender No.4 this one's a G4 90
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TVR Tommy

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 Heritage LE Bronze Green
defender No.4 this one's a G4 90
So yet another defender change under my belt. I sold the Heritage 6 months ago as I had this G4 on the back burner and the previous owner wanted to hold onto it for a bit longer. I was defiantly missing the old Heritage but had my S2a to keep my land rover addiction entertained.

So the G4 was owned by a neighbour up the road from my parents. One day I decided to leave a note on the windscreen to see if they wanted to sell there Landy. A couple of days later I got a phone call to say they're thinking of selling in 6 months. So I waited with no defender for that time and was driving around in a £170 skoda fabia which wasn't a bad little run about. The deal wasn't finalised and over the defnderless months I nearly caved and bought another. But I had my fingers crossed that the G4 would one day be mine. So a deal was struck and I was a proud owner of this.

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

It was in needed a good clean up but you could tell it was a in around good condition with only 64k it was pretty low milage for its age. It had also been converted to an automatic from new which I thought might be a nice thing to have. Currently I can't make my mind up if I like it or not. So it could be going back to a manual but I don't miss the short gearing on a factory spec TD5.
First fix came up after the 500 meters down the road back to my parents to check out my new purchase. After plugging in the Nanocom the MAF was stone dead. Luckily I had one off the old heritage. So that was a nice easy fix. After driving it the 20 miles back home the auto box wasn't behaving with no kick down and a laboured change. The Kick down cable had not been adjusted properly by the garage that fitted kick down cable. So another easy fix. I just needs new pads all round and a full service. The chassis needs attention due to surface rust and will be treated to a dinotrol treatment.

I've already starting adding a few bits that I removed off the heritage before I sold it.

This is how the landy currently stands.

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

With it current stable mate

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Here's a link to my previous defender

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic33984.html

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #606950 5th Mar 2017 5:24pm
JAY BOY

Wales 
I'm loving that Bow down
Post #606957 5th Mar 2017 5:41pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Wasn't the Series 2A in the picture above for sale recently?
Post #606960 5th Mar 2017 5:45pm
TVR Tommy

The S2a is up for sale yes.
Post #606974 5th Mar 2017 6:02pm
L110CDL

England 
Very nice G4 Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #607052 5th Mar 2017 9:16pm
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
I know this vehicle very well, my mum owned it for a while, sold it to a family friend who part exchanged it with me.

I think I have a few bits of paperwork for it somewhere if you're interested?

It was originally ordered for a company in Hemel (who's initials the original reg plate where), Ashcroft conversion, sound proofing and a different stereo where fitted. They didn't like it and barely used it.

My mum had it to replace a 4.8 50th (too thirsty!), it stayed with her until about '07 from memory. From there it became a tow vehicle for a horse box and was then p/x'ed with me against a Range Rover.

When I last saw it (6 years or so at a guess) it was looking quite tatty. Glad it's gone to a good home! Thumbs Up
Post #613122 29th Mar 2017 7:24pm
TVR Tommy

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for posting about it. If you've got some more paper work I'd like to add it to it history. Thank you for the offer.

It defiantly needs a bit of a clean up. Which I'm slowly sorting out. But under tatyness it's still a nice clean defender. The interior seems to have been changed with and exmoor trim modular seats and been reupholstered in a strange plastic. Thinking of changing that. The chassis is in need of a good paint but luckily had very little rust. I'm still not sure on the auto but I'm going to change the torque converter to try and loose some of the high reving nature of the conversation. It's still relatively low mileage at 65k. I was told it was first owned by an owner of a double glazing company and he didn't like it. Not sure if there's any truth in that. The pervious owner had little to no idea what the car was. He kept on saying I was told by stratstones it was a tomb raider.

It's now with a good home and will be well looked after. I've now learnt defenders can be troublesome but don't go selling it, as soon as it's gone you'll miss it. But I'm finally pleased with this defender. Just trying to resist spending money on added extras.
Post #613206 30th Mar 2017 7:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1