↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Christmas Woes!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
biffabacon67

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Well, i dropped it off at the garage and they are going to carry out pressure test on the system and leave it over night.
They have ordered all of the parts outside of the bell housing as this includes some valves and adapters. If the pressure test fails to show anything then it will be a case of replace these parts, "suck it and see". Drive it, and hope that it doesn't fail again.
Post #603321 20th Feb 2017 3:40pm
biffabacon67

On pressure test overnight. No drop in pressure, no visible leaks.
Garage changed the Clutch pressure control valve/slave cylinder valve (LR068982) which is an updated part. The original on my LR was made of metal the new one is plastic. So, this now begs the question "why was it updated?"
Fingers crossed that it is now fixed.
Just a case of drive and see.
Post #603571 21st Feb 2017 2:05pm
biffabacon67

Right, i have now completed 120 miles since replacing the valve. It didn't really feel right. I thought that i could get it to go, under certain conditions and i was right.
It is absolutely fine under normal driving conditions, around town etc. But, as soon as you hit a dual carriageway, motorway or long straight where you actually take your foot off the clutch pedal the pressure starts to drop. I got on the dual carriageway and after 4 miles went to press the clutch. Pressure had almost gone, only the last cm or two before it hit the floor. It was really difficult to get it into gear, but once into gear pumping the clutch and changing up and down between 5th and 6th managed to get the pressure back to normal. Now, if it had gone to the floor it would have needed bleeding to get any pressure back. it sounds like a leaky internal seal. Its had a new master cylinder and pressure control valve. So now it only really leaves the slave cylinder adapter and slave cylinder itself.
Post #604774 25th Feb 2017 5:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12