↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Proctas Defender 300TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 40 of 54 <123 ... 394041 ... 525354>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah the changer is old tech, but you cannot complain for a £10 for the full lot ( that's with head unit etc)
I am hoping to get the tyres ordered this week as I am on days so I can see about get the tyres ordered, But where its parked at the moment is where the 306 is normally parked, which you cannot access the other wheels sadly. So it will have to be either pushed or the pipe fixed 1st. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #716642 7th Jul 2018 11:00pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
For £10 you might as well use it. Why do defenders always seem to break when money’s is spent on them Rolling Eyes hope you get it sorted soon. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #716647 7th Jul 2018 11:59pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Every time I have said I am going to get wheels, something always goes wrong or the budget is needed else where.
I have bought a few things from Mud to bling up the cab a little, with it been a motorway muncher, I want to have some little things in. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #716648 8th Jul 2018 12:07am
Procta

United Kingdom 
mk1collector wrote:
For £10 you might as well use it. Why do defenders always seem to break when money’s is spent on them Rolling Eyes hope you get it sorted soon.

it was peanuts if you ask me, weather it will work who knows, its only a £10 thats been burned anyway, i have lost more than that, with this on diesel when it had the leak. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #716649 8th Jul 2018 12:08am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
You should be able to get get the olives at any plumbers merchant, or potentially even Screwfix/B&Q.
Post #716659 8th Jul 2018 8:05am
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
Procta wrote:
Well my New ICE is a CD Changer setup, I had the same setup that I installed in my 1st car which was worth more than the car at the time!
I am going to mount the CD changer under the middle seat with one of those storage inserts from YRM metals. Only way really I can mount it nicely plus its less trouble for wiring. Thumbs Up Just a case of running the wiring from the dash area to the seat box.
Also I have ordered off some speakers too! Which those will be the easiest upgrade to install.

Darn... I had to look at the YRM site to see what the under seat storage thing was... then I had to buy one... *tut*
Looking forward to your install Thumbs Up 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #716883 9th Jul 2018 2:53pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I found the middle section be a bit of waste of space, when you could use it for either tools, or for other items. Shame you cannot get anything for the other two areas.
Also today I fixed the diesel leak, only took 30 mins all in Smile Looks like someone used a cheap pipe for it to fail like it has done, as the olive looked too new. Rolling Eyes I triple checked everything and gave the system a prime. It fired into life with out the smell of diesel and seemed to run a lot happier for some reason.
Very Happy
Still got a lot to do though, my dad said I should bang it in for an mot, and I said what? with a exhaust that's practically ready to drop off! Also with the mot tester picking up on the 306s tyres, this fellas going have a right laugh at these! So looks like I better get the replacements on well before the mot. Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #716929 9th Jul 2018 8:46pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well a good section of goodies came today, and I thought mint! while the weathers nice I will crack on with a few things.
i have came a cross another bodge, the seat belt buckle has been glued, and come off so another fix Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

Next up which I thought was the seat belt replacement buckles. Turned out to be my speakers!! I did think very hard about these. So I thought to hell with it and buy them, As I had only one working speaker, and even then I think one was about finished.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

the old and finished units.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

All installed

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

All have 3 screws in at the moment, but i think its the head lineing shape thats preventing me with the last ones, but that will be looked at again. as i still need to testing and also i will be replacing the headling at some point too.
These really do weigh a bit! But are well built!
Also the centre storage area, now i need to get the changer down to have a check, but here is the storage in place.

Centre seat

Click image to enlarge

popped up the base

Click image to enlarge

Now i thought i was going to have some right trouble with two screws as they were well tight! But i took my time and to make not to make a mare of anything, These all whipped out with out a trouble.
The plate was double sided tapped down too!

Shame these were part of the loom as i would have loved to have un plugged these, but i cable tied them out of the way.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

placed the replacement base

Click image to enlarge

i may screw this down or i may M3 tape it down after i do the changer system,
So thats sort of stage 2 now of ICE install.

Also Interior upgrades!

Old coin/ ash tray thing

Click image to enlarge

Swopped over with a later Land rover unit??

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Also a mud console holder thing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Just to neaten up the area, and also a coin holder,
One word of warning, with the mud console thing,
you cannot move the passenger seat further forward as the driver side seat anymore, due to the cup holder fowling

Click image to enlarge

Also the little holder does fit in the mud holder with its grip but not really 100% secure for my liking, i recon a sharp bump of a speed bump and i recon that may pop out. But it looks neat anyway. Thumbs Up
Still got a few bits to do, like the exhaust, and i will be ordering my tyres off tomorrow! Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #717081 10th Jul 2018 9:10pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Bare in mind that the YRM tray is likely to get pretty hot from the transmission and your CD changer might not like it.

Also, that plug is your diagnostic socket. What it does is pretty limited on a 300tdi but if you're going to keep it down there then you really need to protect it from the elements. Personally, I'd route it inside somewhere. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #717092 10th Jul 2018 9:42pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I may move it back in with the changer unit, I have tested the changer yet to see if it fits. The diag port is practically worthless to me, As not many garages can read these around my way. The YRM tray is going to need some work, so I may look into something that may reflect the heat. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #717094 10th Jul 2018 9:49pm
HK07

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Cairns Blue
Hk07
Nothing's easy, that's for sure. 2007 90 Puma - Love it - Best car I have ever owned.

1989 Ninety 200tdi - Love it - Second best car I have ever owned.

1951 80" Series 1 - Love it - Third best car I have ever owned.
Post #717097 10th Jul 2018 9:54pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
came to a major stand still last night, who ever has been at the seat belt mount before me needs their heads kicking in, as they have put it in on the Censored , So it was a real pain to get the bolt out. Can you get replacement seat belt mounts for the chassis? Looks like the captive nut is bent
On the plus side the Changer and Radio work! The changer wont fit in the tray that I hoped so its back to the original Idea. But the tray stays anyway as I can still use the space. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #717258 12th Jul 2018 6:02am
L110CDL

England 
Great update Procta Thumbs Up

I hope that you can get your rims and tyres sorted before you have to spend the money on other bits Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #717389 12th Jul 2018 9:33pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
looks like I will have to wait till payday for that, if I buy them now, I will be left too short for my liking. Sad Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #717597 14th Jul 2018 6:58am
L110CDL

England 
Would agree to wait for pay day Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #718101 16th Jul 2018 9:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 40 of 54 <123 ... 394041 ... 525354>