Home > My Defender > Proctas Defender 300TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 54 <123 45 ... 525354>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
L110CDL wrote:
Good Thumbs Up

There is a good pic or two of a swing away in the thread What did you do in your defender today on the last page Thumbs Up

Thanks L110, i will have a good look through that Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #588867 30th Dec 2016 10:24pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Pickles wrote:
Very good work Procta, and lucky you with your Dad to help you.
But mate, I just gotta say, I'm not a fan of that Bull Bar!!....but that's just me!!
Looking forward to the rest of your "enhancements"!
Regards from Aussie, Pickles.

Yeah he is great, even though we don't always see Eye to eye on a few things. But we have built two great cars together, and we did a great job sorting out his landy with the inner sill and battery box. Also forgot mention the spot lamp installation we did plus the rewiring/ switch upgrade we did for the roof lights on is defender.
we have learned a lot together, we can practically do anything now together, If we had the right tools ( work in progress from now on fingers crossed)

The bull bar is one of those things you like them or you don't, Reason i got one is to stop people thinking their funny in trying it on. IE pulling out in front of me etc, Last thing they want is a rear view of bull bar, but again i have got it for the old school Landy look of the 90s. Pair of spots i am planning on fitting too, so it will look a little neater.

I will be doing a good old update session as they come Smile there are cracking builds on here, which i am getting ideas from.
Also i love the Aussie Touring car V8SC, the sounds of those are to die for!! Very Happy You lads know how to build a touring car! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #588871 30th Dec 2016 10:36pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Procta,...Mate, I am the BIGGEST fan of V8 Supercars.
One of my very close friends, an Englishman, is the chief engineer for one of the teams. I am a life member of the HSV (factory modified V8 Commodores!) Owner's Club,..we've owned lots of V8s!. Wifey scored a ride with Garth Tander (Holden Racing Team) in his race car a couple of months ago,....260kph+...she loved it.
It's a great series, although because Ford & Holden will no longer sell V8s from Oct this year, engines will change to probably V6TT which will be a big step....and not to everyone's liking.
Regards, Pickles.
Post #588886 30th Dec 2016 11:41pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I have watched a video of them hitting about 200 mph! Sadly though the uk circuits are not really long enough to let a V8 really go full hog sadly. I saw a video of one going around brands hatch Indy circuit and i have to say it was a waste of a car, The car wasn't really going full smash or even up the box which is a waste of power.
Btcc here isn't all that now since the new regs and its just been a Honda title practically, only twice in the space of 6 years, that it hasn't been a Honda driver that has won the champion ship.

I bet she loved every moment of that, i have seen in car footage and i tell you what it looks like mega fun!
closest thing i got to power was a ride in a Metro 6R4, i went blind in that! was one powerful and fast car that was! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #588889 30th Dec 2016 11:53pm
L110CDL

England 
Will have to agree with you there Pickles about the down grade to the V6 from the V8's not good as in the F1 cars, its all going a bit Censored I use to watch a lot of Motorsport and now most of it is boring as the "health of the planet " comes first Rolling Eyes All down hill from here now on Big Cry 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #589070 31st Dec 2016 7:38pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
It was the same with the wtcc and then btcc changing regs, I don't know why they just didn't keep the same regs. It would have made racing more interesting and cheaper. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #589104 31st Dec 2016 10:34pm
L110CDL

England 
I know what you mean Procta Rolling Eyes but the " health of the planet " comes first now Shocked I think that the only 2 good things to watch are Moto GP and 24 hour LeMans Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #589281 1st Jan 2017 8:05pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
superbikes that's where its all at Thumbs Up Twisted Evil Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #589420 2nd Jan 2017 12:00pm
L110CDL

England 
Whistle Mr. Green 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #589573 2nd Jan 2017 8:52pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Got a few things yesterday and a few bits from ebay today, the rest should be with me before Saturday. I was hoping to collect a set of wheels over the weekend, but the way this wheel bearing and ball joint is, its not really a good idea doing a 200 mile round trip. So fingers crossed we can get cracking with the major parts, then its a case of raving on with the upgrades/ little things. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #590198 4th Jan 2017 8:23pm
L110CDL

England 
Good call Procta Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #590234 4th Jan 2017 9:18pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Made a start on safety, Me and my dad fitted a new track rod end, by Christ that was well shot! The wheel bearing is another story, who ever has been there before us, has really caused some trouble. the brake pip bracket is going to be a job and a half to get off, They have wound it in that tight that you cannot get a socket or a spanner on! So looks like the full works has to be removed so we can sort that out, But it needs a replacement challis So we will just replace it when we do the full works. But for now my dad give it a tighten down and it seems to have sorted the problem.
After that I went out for a drive, and I tell you what fellas, I can go over 50 MPH with out Censored my self! Got to see about over taking to lol. You had to tread carefully when over taking and even then you were Censored self. It would be all over the place.
Now its a different car! Hopefully now we can put the little toys I have bought. All will be shown tomorrow. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #591031 7th Jan 2017 6:01pm
L110CDL

England 
Great start Procta Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #591083 7th Jan 2017 8:18pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
cheers L110CDL, I was hoping to have made a start on the upgrades but we ran out of light and time, The weather here was damp too, and it was raining a little too, ( fine rain) so the light wasn't all that, also we lost an hour easy on doing the track rod end ball joint, Took us about an hour just to wind that new one in, Shocked A part from that all was ok, tomorrow my dad is wanting to fit the rear door sill, But not sure how long that's going to take. I am wanting to get on with sorting the dash out. Only a few little upgrades and repairs there, and I can move onto another stage.
Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #591157 7th Jan 2017 11:13pm
L110CDL

England 
Yeah it always takes longer than you expect it to Rolling Eyes We had the same weather as you had, as i wanted to go and do some electrical stuff not a good idea Shocked so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for both of us Whistle 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #591160 7th Jan 2017 11:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 54 <123 45 ... 525354>