↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Proctas Defender 300TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 54 <123 ... 222324 ... 525354>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Cheers fellas! Kit you could go full blown LED for replacements or you could just do what I did and buy the replacement lens, rather than mess about with wiring, my dad had to cut the looms off his old lights add the looms to the LED units. unless you can get a set that's plug in play. To me more of a faff and the money could go towards something else for it.
The head lamps are your choice, but id advise you to do what I did before you go anywhere near the head lights, I bet you the fixtures will be rotten! I will see if I can get a photo of one of my old units, the ring is pure shot a long with the screws!

As promised a day light photos,

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

mk3 front end

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

mk2 front end

Click image to enlarge

mk1 front end

Click image to enlarge

Original front

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #645074 19th Aug 2017 6:12pm
L110CDL

England 
Looking good there Procta, it's come on leaps and bounds Thumbs Up hope to get mine in soon Whistle your front end is looking great Wink (apart from the BB ) but thats just me Whistle 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #645154 19th Aug 2017 10:53pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
bull bars there to protect it from been clouted at work, ( some Censored has already hit it) also its a don't Censored about device too. basically to stop some Censored wanting to pull out on me at the last min too. ( you get a bull bar up your arse if you do!)
I did frighten a fiesta driver who did pull out on me at the last min, and I tell you what clayton, procta didn't hit the brakes Very Happy
the bull bar was right up his arse! he couldn't get away quick enough Very Happy
Two lads I know said they would think twice if they saw a defender with the bull bar on about chancing their luck, even worse since the bumper is also heavy duty too Whistle
So she has quite a tooled up front Twisted Evil
One lad at work called me a bully Laughing but then again if people drove properly and didn't prat about all would be right on the road! Very Happy
Another lad said I looked cool as Censored with her, leaving work with my bit sunglasses on too Whistle
A few of the lads are not a fan of her, but that's how the world works.
Still a lot to do on her though, going to try and sort that rear door out now I think, my brake upgrade will have to wait due to our terr been off the road, his clutch has bit the dust proper this time, so I need her on the road. the last thing I want is her to be out of action too! Then we are down to one car! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #645172 20th Aug 2017 1:32am
L110CDL

England 
Hope you get the clutch all sorted ok Procta Thumbs Up

I know what your saying about the BB and would agree with you in those circumstances Wink i guess my BB is a bit different than yours, but still effective Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Laughing Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #645532 21st Aug 2017 9:45pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
that's just pure hard core! I recon people Censored them selves if you re behind them, a tooled up front end like that is eye watering, the winch a lone would raise hell, let a lone the beefed up bumper!

update on how the lights are, they are a different world and I can see a hell of a lot further too in the dark. Also looks like the police are not taking any chances now with our defenders, Last night I had a police van tail me right to work when he decided to pull me, 1st time I ever been pulled in my life, I thought its only a matter of time anyway since I had two police cars follow me on back shift before, on route home.
He said hi, its just a routine check on these. Can I ask where you are from and your name, Which I gave him and I got my drivers licence ready before he came out. He said we are doing a check on these due to the massive in crease of them been stolen so we are checking. took me longer to pull over than he did check who I was, he said spot on we have the registered keeper details so we are confirming. So id advice everyone to keep the licences in hand when your out with yours. They really have stepped up their game now on these. Which is a good thing, the police who sorted out my dad when he broke down, he even knew where my dads defender belonged too, so they are making them selves aware of who the owners are and where they live. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #645544 21st Aug 2017 10:06pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks Procta Mr. Green

It's good to here that, that they have stepped up there game regarding defender's Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #645552 21st Aug 2017 10:26pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well last night I noticed that my lights were bit odd for some reason, when I engaged full beam. one light was pointed right up a factory wall!
So this afternoon after I had a trip to the land of nod, I had a look and I had made a school boy error Very Happy
I had one of the lights right behind the adjusters and the other one behind one of them Whistle
That's what happens when you finish off a job in poor light Razz So with in two mins all sorted Smile
I was going to have book the car in for head light adjustment too, but after i had a check it was down to my error lol
My dad has taken a liking to the crystals too, so he may upgrade again, but that's the least of his troubles sadly.
I should ask them if they will let me do a build thread on him, so that you lads can see our terr in his glory. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #646329 25th Aug 2017 8:28pm
L110CDL

England 
Good idea Procta Thumbs Up will it be safe to let your father do the light upgrade or will you help him Rolling Eyes 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #646825 28th Aug 2017 9:40pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
God knows on that one, I should think he could be ok on that one, but then again you never know Shocked
Sometimes he can be too hand fisted with things Sad

while after we dropped the gearbox down on my dads 200 tdi, my mate came around and we began stage 2 with the door, I will get some photos uploaded, But all we did was weld up the door frame and weld in a plate for the motor,
We also found that the wiper motor is dead, so I need to buy a replacement one. So basically its a case of buying items now practically. Swing way, wiper setup and door card. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #646875 29th Aug 2017 5:59am
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
Nice new lights Cool Don't forget to get the loom Wink
Get the thread started on Terr and lets see the door pics... Thumbs Up 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #646885 29th Aug 2017 7:06am
Kit

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Scotia Grey
Nearly there buddy! Thumbs Up 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #646893 29th Aug 2017 8:04am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Cumbrian reg'd 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #647024 29th Aug 2017 7:44pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Funny things was I did buy it from that area too, and my Peugeot I think came from that area too, but it was registered new on a private plate.
I will see my parents about a thread on our Terr, as that ones isn't mind and in case they are funny about it.
I do have a couple of photos on my phone which I was hoping to upload, but again we were working on our terr again last night, Getting the fly wheel off and backing adapter thing off. The oil seal has failed on him so my dads taking the chance to sort that out. Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #647097 30th Aug 2017 6:05am
Procta

United Kingdom 
ok here is a couple of photos of the rear door been worked on, we have had to make a plate up to strengthen the area where the wiper motor goes through, also it looks like I may have to rivet a repair patch on the front part of the door, spare wheel will hide it or I may just shove a load of tiger seal in there just to water tight it up.

Click image to enlarge

also the cracks in the frame were welded up too to make the door more stronger,

Click image to enlarge

We also drilled holes and ran some cable ties through to tidy up the loom. Which I never got a photo but always another day for that. So now its a case of buying parts now, IE a swing way, wiper motor and door card with handle. I may just go for a mud handle for the back end.
At the moment, I need to get some funds back so I may just buy the wiper motor and sort the hole. Then save some ££ for door hinges to get the cab water tight for the winter, I might see what the price is for the light loom for front lights and do that with the motor. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #647429 31st Aug 2017 4:44pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am in need of some replacement hinges by the looks of things, but with the way funds are I cannot afford the gore ones I saw, Looks like its going to be a fare few weeks now to get my money up again. Sad
So looks like I will have to hold on there for a while, and just buy the little things for the moment, like the rear wiper setup and the front light loom.
I do have the brake overhaul coming up but again that's on hold due to my dads landy been out of action, And I don't want to risk taking this out of action, leaving us with the one working car. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #648430 5th Sep 2017 1:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 23 of 54 <123 ... 222324 ... 525354>