↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Proctas Defender 300TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 22 of 54 <123 ... 212223 ... 525354>
Print this entire topic · 
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
The Mudstuff door card is great.. not too difficult to fit and much better than the flimsy hardboard LR one..
I fitted mine with self tappers rather than use the fir tree fixings as they are a pain to remove, plus you don't need to drill big holes... Thumbs Up 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #643854 14th Aug 2017 1:31pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Kit wrote:
Looking good Procta, I need to get a rear door card too, I'm looking at getting this one: http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/mud-rear-door-trim.html

It's meant to be allot tougher than the LR item

That's what I am after too, anything is better than the flimsy LR one! Mine is proper rotten by the looks of it, and are well known for rotten out. The minis and metros are the same sadly!
I will be fitting mine with self tappers too, if you need to get access to the rear wiper or the lock. The last thing you want is to be pulling the trees out. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #643862 14th Aug 2017 1:50pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Profyaffle wrote:
The Mudstuff door card is great.. not too difficult to fit and much better than the flimsy hardboard LR one..
I fitted mine with self tappers rather than use the fir tree fixings as they are a pain to remove, plus you don't need to drill big holes... Thumbs Up

how is the fitment of it? my dads le sale one looks a bit cheap. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #643863 14th Aug 2017 1:51pm
Kit

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Scotia Grey
Yeah my front doors where a right mess, luckily my back door is in great nick, probably because it hasn't had a tyre mounted on the back 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #643864 14th Aug 2017 1:52pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am sure my front doors are in a little be worse for where, I did put my finger through the bottom of one Shocked
I am thinking on changing the grey door cards to black ones, when I change the hinges over. just to in sync with the back door. Grey always looks a little tacky if used to much I think. Nice to break it up black. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #643867 14th Aug 2017 1:57pm
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
Procta wrote:
Profyaffle wrote:
I fitted mine with self tappers rather than use the fir tree fixings as they are a pain to remove, plus you don't need to drill big holes... Thumbs Up

how is the fitment of it? my dads le sale one looks a bit cheap.

Mine fitted very well... I have had it off once to fit the Mantec wheel carrier and it popped straight back on without any problems... I can take some close up pics of the edges of it if you like? 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #644027 14th Aug 2017 11:11pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah if you don't mind, be nice to see how it all comes together, gives me some ideas on how to sort mine out, I need a rear door handle too, If you notice mine is missing! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #644043 14th Aug 2017 11:53pm
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
If I think on I will take some tomorrow and pm you..
Your door will be like new after a bit of TLC .. try get some Dinitrol or similar in the frame when you get it finished off.
I have piece of train rail that I use to hold the greenhouse door open an I treated it with Dinitrol converter rust RC900 and its been outside a couple of years and it still looks ok...and train rails rust very quickly Wink 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #644044 15th Aug 2017 12:03am
Procta

United Kingdom 
well after I took her to work on Monday, just to see how things are going and I tell you what she is a real performer. Powering on really well along the A19, beating a Volvo off the line too Shocked Even though he wasn't trying Laughing
I think I need to look at the steering on it, feels like we have some play some where, could be the steering box needs a little wind in. The ball joints all checked out for the mot, so looks like it could do with a little wind in.
Looks like the last parts of my little upgrade have arrived! Smile So I can at least look at building the lights up and maybe fit them on Saturday. Sunday I am on nights sadly. I am on backshift at the moment so I don't want to start pulling it about. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #644421 16th Aug 2017 1:45pm
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
Did you order a loom for the lights? or are you just changing the units?
heres a couple of pics of the mud stuff door card, not great as I was in the garage with the sun coming through the window.
I just used 3 screws along the bottom, 1 at the hinge side and 2 on the catch side, the door handle bolts hold the top on.. I had to trim it a tiny bit round the handle assembly I think..

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #644443 16th Aug 2017 3:07pm
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
It comes with some L profile metal pieces that you screw to the frame and then the door card screws into that.. I 'lost' one while I was doing it but it's fine with out it.. Good and solid. 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #644445 16th Aug 2017 3:10pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Profyaffle wrote:
Did you order a loom for the lights? or are you just changing the units?
heres a couple of pics of the mud stuff door card, not great as I was in the garage with the sun coming through the window.
I just used 3 screws along the bottom, 1 at the hinge side and 2 on the catch side, the door handle bolts hold the top on.. I had to trim it a tiny bit round the handle assembly I think..

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

That looks spot on! Did it take long to fit? They did say it may need trimming a little.
I am just replacing the units 1st, just to smarting up the front end, Then the loom is the next step I think with the swing away, Or a wiper motor for the rear.
Just chipping away with it at the moment, I am pleased the service side of things and repairs so far have gone really well. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #644598 17th Aug 2017 12:26am
Procta

United Kingdom 
1st of all has anyone ever seen a cat as ginger as this? Whistle

Click image to enlarge

A quick one tonight, well its took about a week to prep Laughing buying in the replacement parts.
Anyway since I switched the indicators to clear units along with the stainless steel screws and the sliver surrounds and grill plus the black badge. The thing that really did bug me to hell was the head lights!
The 306 lads used to fit the later crystal clear lights from the later 306s which was a neat upgrade, I decided to fit crystal clear lights to mine along side some night breaker bulbs that my mate gave me, that he had spare off his mini. I did have some but my dad bummed them off me for the spot lights, as they are good. ( I bought him a set of head lights with the night breaker bulbs as our terrs units had seen better days)
Anyway enough about our terr etc, on with mine.
last week I thought id have a look at the job to see what I needed, and yeah there was no way and hell was I going to save the rings, or even get the units swopped over.
So bought the replacement parts.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

built up and ready to go on the car, ( this was about 1 am in the morning)

Click image to enlarge

With me going onto nights sunday and my parents back tomorrow, plus the weather may be a little questionable too. I thought I might aswell do the swop before it gets dark. Only took half hour all in, and by Christ it gets dark quick now!
one with the old units on

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

the strip down

Click image to enlarge

all installed and working, ( by this time it was dark)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

and two with the 306

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Both have the same light bulbs and crystals so they do look the part!
going to get a better photo in the day light, as I just say finished when it I lost all natural light sadly. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #644951 18th Aug 2017 11:01pm
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
Looking good Procta Thumbs Up 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #645032 19th Aug 2017 12:16pm
Kit

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Scotia Grey
Nice work, I need to do my headlights and indicators as well, as they're a bit ropey! 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #645033 19th Aug 2017 12:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 22 of 54 <123 ... 212223 ... 525354>