↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Proctas Defender 300TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 54 <123 4 ... 525354>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Cheers L100CDL, Thumbs Up Only had her two weeks, and we have really started to come on strong, I am getting used to driving her too, just got keep working it. We have looked at her in a little bit more detail, and found that she has got galvanized inner sills. Me and my dad fitted those to his two years ago, when we repaired the seat box, ( replaced both of the sides and built up a new battery box) Also it looks like its had a new tank too installed, which again is another bonus!
Post #585942 17th Dec 2016 10:59pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
My old units will be for sale, but I will have to wait until I have been on here a bit, one surround is damaged in the photo but the passenger side on is ok, the grill is spot on, but I think they have been painted at some point.
Post #585944 17th Dec 2016 11:04pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Looking good Procta very smart with the blue bodywork. Nice looking Landy you have there and I'm sure as you do the mods it will only get better. It's a great forum here so remember if you get stuck or need advice there are lots of great friendly people here young and old ( I'm in the latter) who will offer help and assistance. Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #585945 17th Dec 2016 11:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Cheers Sulisuli, They really do go well with the blue, My dad said that really does set it off and it toying with the idea of replacing his with the same XS spec, with our two been the same colour it gave him the idea of what it looks like.
Got to say this people are friendly and have been very helpful to me, the info that you lot have gave me has been helpful to my dad too.
Post #585970 18th Dec 2016 12:04am
L110CDL

England 
Great forum Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #586205 18th Dec 2016 8:55pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
It is a great forum Very Happy
Got two items ordered off, A wheel bearing and a track rod end, as the steering is all over the place sadly.
Not fun if you are going over 50 mph!
I am looking at a few other things on the net and on here too, 1st things at the moment are a little things,
But I may have to bite the bullet and change the wheels early on, these are crap sadly. I did want a pair of sawtooth alloys but I may have found a set of boost alloys for a decent price, Which frees up budget for a few other things. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #588695 30th Dec 2016 3:19pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Just ordered off some odds and sods odd ebay, and also a Demister upgrade too.
What I have ordered off ebay
are a replacement hazard switch, and the little surrounding to go with it, upgraded to alu rather than the plastic one which is cracked. Also a replacement Door check trim piece again mine is cracked, and a rear door floor sill with replacement seal. Mine is pure rotten.
A RDX Side Pod for Switches that replaces the side trim where the heater selection is, mainly I get a bit of cold draft there so I thought the extra piece will help with insulation. Plus I can use it to mount a switch too there when I look into going heated window screen.
Also a two rubber bungs for the rear, and a bag of rubber grommets, to slot in some of the holes that's been drilled in for some reason. ( something has been removed behind the seats)

So yeah I am starting to roll out a few things now, a bit at a time I think. Get the daft stuff out of the way and go from there.
A few things I am toying with next, bumpers and side steps, but I may just bite the bullet and go for new tyres. But I will have to see what's what 1st.

Also I was out for a little run to get the battery re charged looks like I think I may have to drop a new one in,
here is two photos, of our little ride out before we went for diesel.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

looks bob on with that silver front end, one of the best upgrades I have done. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #588756 30th Dec 2016 6:41pm
L110CDL

England 
Looking good there Procta Thumbs Up

If it were me i would do the wheels and tyres first as the rims are only 15" (as you have said earlier ) to 16" and if funds allow, get some new tyres on them Thumbs Up The boosts will look good on your Landy if they are still the original colour Whistle 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #588787 30th Dec 2016 7:50pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah I am really starting to see if I can push for the tyres, These wheels on these are shocking at high speed and I think they are making the MPG a little weak too. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #588789 30th Dec 2016 7:54pm
L110CDL

England 
I know tyres are a big outlay but worth it in the end and get the boosts on and the MPG will be alot stronger Whistle 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #588795 30th Dec 2016 7:59pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah true, my dads ended been better as soon as they binned off the Censored remoulds and got some decent rubber.
Not to mention they are far less noisy too.
My dad barked about getting all 5 wheels done at the same time, and put the spare in the back, Confused I was only going to get four done, due to not having a rear swing.
No point in me keeping a spare wheel in the back of the car, which isn't secure and it will be asking for someone to blag it.
which rear swings do you lads recommend? Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #588808 30th Dec 2016 8:14pm
L110CDL

England 
I always get four new tyres and put the best old one as the spare as you dont often use it Thumbs Up As for not carrying a spare, i always carry one as you never know when you are going to need it and i have a secure " boot " Whistle You could always put a chain and padlock it up to something in the landy ?

As for the swing away's i dont need one Whistle but there are a few threads on which is the " better " one Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #588813 30th Dec 2016 8:27pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Yeah I always carry a spare wheel, My 306 has a fifth alloy and the same make of tyre new, as I used to put the best out of four on the spare. What my dad was saying is remove the old steel wheel. and just shove the new spare in the boot, but at the present there isn't any thing wrong with the spare wheel. As its the proper tyre. He was barking on about odd wheels lol,
Wouldn't be for long anyway until I got a spare wheel carrier swing away. Also I was just going to buy a budget tyre for the spare alloy, like you say you don't always use it. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #588827 30th Dec 2016 8:48pm
L110CDL

England 
Good Thumbs Up

There is a good pic or two of a swing away in the thread What did you do in your defender today on the last page Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #588836 30th Dec 2016 8:57pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Very good work Procta, and lucky you with your Dad to help you.
But mate, I just gotta say, I'm not a fan of that Bull Bar!!....but that's just me!!
Looking forward to the rest of your "enhancements"!
Regards from Aussie, Pickles.
Post #588839 30th Dec 2016 9:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 54 <123 4 ... 525354>