↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Proctas Defender 300TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 54 <123 ... 789 ... 525354>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah it was a good day, sadly I need to do a prop shaft bearing, so if I can find out what the story is with the correct one for her, we will have that done too.
So looks like the door project may have to wait, but then again I will look at what I have to spend this month. Then go from there. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #603338 20th Feb 2017 5:24pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
just ordered off the door loom so I can at least start to stock pile parts for the rear door. Fingers crossed I might have the propshaft bearings swopped over, if all goes well. I am on nightshift on sunday night, so I may need her back up and running again, other wise old trusty will have to do another stint, ( she needs some things too) Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #604636 24th Feb 2017 10:19pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well another good day for me and my dad, We replaced the universal joint on the front prop shaft, so now I am back in business! We also did a few checks too, We checked the axle levels and we gave the Prop shafts a good Greece a long with the Universal joints.
I took it out for a test drive and some fuel, ( 1st proper run with out the EGR valve system) I tell you what its a different car! It really pulls well now in 1st and 2nd gear, where it was well sluggish and its lot more happier through the box too.
The mpg was poor too, 45 quid a week, which is lot more than my dads 200 uses. Also this would use a nearly a quarter of a tank on the same run as my dads, theirs barely budges.
So hopefully this week she will be a lot better on the mpg, I am suspecting that the metal EGR valve pipe was leaky, or the Unit itself was sticking. It was half arsed blanked off, so something been faulty for it be lot more pokey now.
I am hooping to get my suspension odds and sods back from the painters at work, so I can start rolling out the New suspension. Then I will plan the next major move, I might just buy a set of wheels, Keep them in storage and buy a set of four tyres. Swop them and then keep the spare wheel ready for the back door job. Then bang a tyre on and then the wheel. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #604828 25th Feb 2017 8:57pm
L110CDL

England 
Great progress Procta Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #605070 26th Feb 2017 9:24pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah another great day, but looks like I may have a relay /stalk fault brewing. The dash lights don't come on and the driver side lights are not lit. I took off the fuse box cover and had a push on the fuses and relays, One warm for some reason, so either its sticking or the stalks causing trouble.
Since I had a push on the fuses and relays things are went back to normal. might be wise for me to look at changing these two.
But I am sure I read on here that there is a fix loom replacement or something that's plug in play? I don't want to be soldering connectors, Not a stranger to plugging in or replacing car looms, Did that on a rover metro which we rebuilt practically.
I might buy a nice new black front badge and rear, just to treat the her for behaving her self. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #605114 26th Feb 2017 10:37pm
L110CDL

England 
Sounds good on the badges Thumbs Up
As for the looms, just do a search, you will find it Thumbs Up Its the switch that turns the headlights on and off, causes problems as the main current reduces the life of the switch, so you put the loom on and takes away the problem Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #605125 26th Feb 2017 10:51pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am in the process of doing the search, comes up with two, the Land Reiziger loom seems to be plug in play, how true is this? Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #605133 26th Feb 2017 10:57pm
L110CDL

England 
I have not got one fitted yet, so the best thing would be to ask them, custom90steve has good knowledge on these looms Thumbs Up hope this helps you a bit Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #605140 26th Feb 2017 11:12pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I will give him a PM on that, cheers. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #605408 27th Feb 2017 11:15pm
L110CDL

England 
Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #605417 27th Feb 2017 11:26pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well, a quick upgrade on the landy,

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

not sure if I should replace the green one with another black one so I can have two, but then again I might just keep it as decoration along with my Rover badge.
I have a rear one to go on too, but I will have to buy some new stickers for the rear. Some fool has painted over them! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #606307 3rd Mar 2017 9:08am
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
Procta wrote:
I am in the process of doing the search, comes up with two, the Land Reiziger loom seems to be plug in play, how true is this?

Hi..I've just fitted the Land Reiziger loom and it was very simple and has made a difference to my standard lights, much brighter. I also replaced the headlight stalk/switch as mine was worn and temperamental.. I ordered the switch with the loom but unfortunately it was the wrong one, it had a square plug for newer model LR's so I bought a genuine Lucas instead. The loom is nicely made and a good fit. I connected mine to the alternator rather than extend the wires and go to the battery as some have done.
Post #606371 3rd Mar 2017 12:33pm
jk84

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
I would go black both front and rear but that's just my OCD Wink MY15 Aintree 110 SW - for sale - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic82781.html
MY16 Santorini 90 HT - sold
Post #606403 3rd Mar 2017 2:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Profyaffle wrote:
Procta wrote:
I am in the process of doing the search, comes up with two, the Land Reiziger loom seems to be plug in play, how true is this?

Hi..I've just fitted the Land Reiziger loom and it was very simple and has made a difference to my standard lights, much brighter. I also replaced the headlight stalk/switch as mine was worn and temperamental.. I ordered the switch with the loom but unfortunately it was the wrong one, it had a square plug for newer model LR's so I bought a genuine Lucas instead. The loom is nicely made and a good fit. I connected mine to the alternator rather than extend the wires and go to the battery as some have done.

can you get me a photo of the loom installed and PM me the details on where you got the loom from?
My dads not to keen on the idea, but then again he doesn't read the forums. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #606550 3rd Mar 2017 10:09pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
jk84 wrote:
I would go black both front and rear but that's just my OCD Wink

yeah I am going install the rear, i need new rear graphics sadly, due to some arse painting over them, rather than using a Hair dryer to remove them. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #606551 3rd Mar 2017 10:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 54 <123 ... 789 ... 525354>