Print this entire topic · 
m33ufo

Wales 
Thanks Pickles....but I'm happy with my Indus / Santorini Roof Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
 110 DCPU

Mark
Post #619026 24th Apr 2017 6:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
And so you should be,....a very smart Defender.
Pickles.
Post #619043 24th Apr 2017 7:56am
meeerrrk

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Re: [Wanted] Wanted - Puma 90 SW
AM94 wrote:
Wanted Puma 90 SW

Having spent some time looking at various 90s and being offered a few, I've amended exactly what I'm looking for.

I appreciate that these criteria may make it more challenging to find a 90 via Def2; however, you never know and I will also be keeping my eye on local independent dealers.

Budget is circa £20,000-£25,000.

Circa £20k seems to be the going rate, at dealers, for an 07/08; however, I'd increase the budget for a later 2.2 but even with man-logic, my limit is £25,000 for a 2.2 engine.

Buyer is based in Surrey and the ideal would be to buy something within a reasonable distance to home. Closer to home means easier sale and less cost to get the 90 back home.

I'm looking for a good honest, cherished, Puma Defender 90 SW ideally XS spec or County with A/C. I'd rather buy from a fellow enthusiast but will be looking elsewhere to increase my chances.

What I'd like:
Documented Service history - doesn't have to be complete annual history but large gaps and no proof of maintenance is a deal-killer

A 90 that has been cared for and not a rusty, ratty, shed on wheels; therefore a history of corrosion protection and care is a must.

Ideally in a shade of Green but I'd consider other colours; however, I really do have my heart set on green.

Reasonable mileage would be ideal (circa 60k miles for an 07/08 and less for newer)

What I don't want
Vehicles with little to no documented service history

A modified 90 - part of the reason I'm buying the 90 is as a vehicle for my son and I to tinker with. I'd considered lightly modified, which is easy to reverse, but don't want anything with lots of holes drilled in it (snorkels, ladders, rood light bars, etc).

Anything with registered damage on the registration (CATC, etc)

Anything with starship mileage, which has obviously been abused as a commercial vehicle.

I appreciate that the above details are quite specific but this purchase is a nice to have, not a have to have; therefore, I am happy to wait for the right one. My hope is that I find someone who has cherished their 90 and is upgrading to a newer model/110 and I can save them some hassle and find myself a cared for Defender.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Thumbs Up

I'm not selling mine (now at least!) but I'm in Surrey and happy if you wish to have a look / drive, it's a 2.4 puma 90. It was originally a HT but now fully carpeted etc and just about to install the rear windows. The reason I say this is I wanted a SW, but got a HT and have modified it accordingly, so it sometimes pays to broaden your search criteria with an eye to what you can add yourself.

Also be prepared to travel for the right one, many of them are north if us! My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #619058 24th Apr 2017 9:18am
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Appreciate of the offer Meeerrrk but having owned a 2015 has meant I'm reasonably up to speed with Puma 90s.

I have looked at HTs but I know I'd end up spending a fair whack to turn one into a SW; therefore, it makes a lot of sense to start with what I need. Saying that, I was tempted when a LR dealer called me offering me a 2012 XTech under budget - for a moment I was sorely tempted.

We'll see what the week brings but I'm prepared to wait. Thumbs Up
Post #619081 24th Apr 2017 10:46am
markj1878

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Corris Grey
Pmd Thumbs Up
Post #619085 24th Apr 2017 10:56am
meeerrrk

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
No worries, sorry I didn't realise you had recently had a 2015 model!

Best of luck Thumbs Up My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #619086 24th Apr 2017 10:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12