↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Sankey trailer & covered trailer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Thon

United Kingdom 
[For Sale] Sankey trailer & covered trailer
I am selling on my recently-acquired Sankey. I purchased it last month but realised I wanted something a little newer with a full tilt on sticks, so purchased a Penman in its place. I now have 3 trailers on my drive so 2 need to go.

I have towed it 30 miles, where is behaved nicely. Brakes work correctly. Original lights have been removed and replaced by a light-board, which will be included. It will also be supplied with the original wheels and the tilt. It is fitted with shiny black Wolf wheels with decent unperished radial tyres. It has been used most recently as a general purpose trailer so is not pristine (how many are?) and has the usual smattering of rust, but nothing that looks structurally concerning. All 3 stays/stands are fitted and operational. The lunette slides correctly and activates the brakes as it should, and the handbrake works too.

It is located near Netheravon in Wiltshire, 5 miles Amesbury. I am looking for £395 o.n.o.

Click image to enlarge

I am happy to supply detailed photos on request. I can deliver within 30 miles f.o.c. and it obviously needs a NATO hitch to tow it with.

I am also selling my general purpose covered trailer. It is a Polish made trailer, Internal Dimensions (L x W x H): 2020 x 1140 x 300 mm with a drop down tailboard, which I bought 2nd hand 4 years ago. It is of pre-coated galvanised construction, with phenolic ply floor. It has decent wheels with good tyres. The tilt is beginning to show its age, with a couple of patches and zips that are just about hanging on. That said it still seems to be watertight and the local bird population enjoys bathing in the pools that gather on it! I suspect it is 6 years old or so. The chassis number is engraved on it and un-tampered with. There is no corrosion on the trailer to speak of - only a little surface rust on the tailgate hinges. Its payload is around 640Kg and is un-braked. It has a conventional 50mm ball coupling and a jockey wheel and is very easy to manoeuvre by hand. It tows very nicely with no rattles and bangs. Lights are all built-in and it has a hitch lock built in to the coupling. We've mostly used it in home renovations and it has never been heavily loaded in my ownership. I can supply detail photos on request. I'm looking for £395.

I believe this is the model: -http://www.neptun-trailers.com/produkt,en,pratik,2922,n7-202.html

Click image to enlarge
Post #577636 13th Nov 2016 10:39pm
Natlas

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Hi Thon,
What are the dimensions of the Sankey box?
Thanks. 2.2 90 XS
88" Series One
Old Norton Smile
Minerva
Post #577752 14th Nov 2016 3:44pm
Thon

United Kingdom 
I'm going to measure up and post some more pictures tomorrow night - too dark now.
Post #577787 14th Nov 2016 8:02pm
Thon

United Kingdom 
Dimensions (by tape measure) of the internal space are as follows: - 130cm wide x 180cm long x 45cm deep. These are the overall internal dimensions, but there are the wheelboxes which intrude, and there are various tie-down fittings bolted in too.
Post #577967 15th Nov 2016 7:02pm
Thon

United Kingdom 
Pictures can be found here as the site doesn't seem to want to upload photos at the moment: -

https://goo.gl/photos/a5HdbtyEVnZ2np5n6
Post #577968 15th Nov 2016 7:14pm
Natlas

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Hi Thon,
I have a friend who may be interested in this, am feeding him the info..... 2.2 90 XS
88" Series One
Old Norton Smile
Minerva
Post #578136 16th Nov 2016 10:30am
xcentric

mk 2 or mk 3 Sankey (I thnk 2 by the look of the hitch)?
Post #578155 16th Nov 2016 12:53pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Definitely a Mk2, although appears to be missing the prominent mounting plate for the jockey wheel. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #578158 16th Nov 2016 1:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1