↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > More bad courier feedback..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
More bad courier feedback..
Following on from an earlier topic I started regarding damage to items caused by MyHermes (http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic35045.html?highlight=myhermes) I can now share some more courier originating misery.

To begin with I will not consider disclosing the couriers in question until the situations have been fully resolved and my items are in my possession.

Courier 1:

Ordered a pair of Oak Veneer bifold doors from Wickes online as they do not stock those ones in the stores. As the price is over the minimum threshold delivery is free but owing to the size and weight I decided that it would be easier to get them sent to my home address rather than my work address as I usually do. I pay the extra £5 for Saturday delivery so I do not need to have any time off work and I will be working on the house on Saturday anyway so would be perfect.

Friday
Friday evening I track the package which is scheduled for AM delivery (despite this meaning 8AM-1PM apparently).

Saturday
At 1.09PM I get a text message to say that delivery was attempted but no one was in. Seeing as I was less that 1m from the from the front door all morning and no one can open the front gate without the dog barking then there was ZERO chance that they had actually attended, no card left either. Ring Wickes up to be told that I wasn't in when they delivered, argued that I was in etc. They apologise and reschedule delivery for Monday, I will receive confirmation on Sunday night. It is mentioned that I can ring up to discuss the possibility of getting my £5 delivery fee refunded upon receipt of the items.

Sunday
Unsurprisingly no sign of an email or anything on the tracking data to show a redelivery would be happening.

Monday
8AM call to Wickes to ask if the delivery is going to happen. I am told that they cannot access the tracking data until 10.30AM as the courier does not update until this time. Told delivery window will be 8AM to 6PM regardless.

10.45AM call to Wickes to ask again if delivery is happening as I have already missed out on 2.5hrs of paid work waiting for the parcel. I am told that the parcel is not showing as out for delivery nor is there any sign that it was scheduled. I am again told that delivery was attempted on Saturday (cue the same argument as earlier). This time I am told that the tracking data shows an 'evidence photo' was taken to form proof of attempted delivery. Conveniently the photo is a black square with a crack of light showing (probably the driver's finger over the lens). Wickes tell me that they will contact the courier and get back to me within an hour.

2.14PM After giving up and going to work I call Wickes again to see why no one has called back. Again more apologies and they can see on my file that I should have been called etc etc. They agree to schedule the delivery for next Saturday.

I await to see if anything shows up this week. Other than the annoyance of them not calling me back I cannot really place any blame with Wickes who have answered my calls promptly and dispatched the items as requested. The issue is that they are now the mandatory middle man between myself and the lying courier.

Courier 2

Monday
Get email from the supplier telling me that items have been dispatched (3x ~20kg parcels) and are scheduled for delivery between 11.45AM and 15.45AM on Tuesday.

Tuesday
8AM - Get emails telling me that all three parcels are out for delivery today.

16.30PM - Realise that there is no sign of the delivery so have a look at the tracking data to find: "ACTION REQUIRED - The Street Name is Incorrect. Call courier, confirm that the address is indeed correct and that it is infact a business address which UPS deliver to on an almost daily basis. Delivery rescheduled for Wednesday with my mobile number added to the parcels and instruction to call if there is an issue.

Wednesday
8AM - Emails telling me that all three items are out for delivery today.

10.18AM - Courier delivery van arrives. Greet driver to be presented with two parcels rather than three. I am told that he has no idea where the 3rd one is and that it is definitely not on his van. Sign for 2/3 of parcels which clearly have stickers attached stating redelivery today and my phone number in case of issues. Check tracking data again to find parcel number 3 has the same "ACTION REQUIRED" address issue as Tuesday. Cue another call to the courier, explain it all again to be told that they will have to pass the query onto the delivery depot who will call me within the hour.

1.14 PM - Ring courier again after not hearing from the depot. Explain everything again and am told that an urgent message is being sent to the depot who will call me within an hour to resolve the issue.

Update 1:
2.52PM - Call the courier again, this time 'Larry' tells me that the depot is looking into it and will get back to me by 4pm. I pointed out that next time I call back I will be 'furious' if I haven't heard anything. Up to this point I have been very polite and patient.

Update 2:
4.35PM - Call the courier again, same message again that they will send another message to the courier, this time 'Highest Priority' for a call back. This time managed to find out the depot concerned is the one in Sheffield. Told the person on the phone that if I had not heard anything by 5pm I would be visiting the depot in person as they are incapable of picking up the phone.

Will update accordingly.

Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
84' 90 3.9 V8 Caged Pickup Build Thread - Now For Sale

Last edited by rallysteve on 26th Oct 2016 4:47pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #573534 26th Oct 2016 2:09pm
Moles

United Kingdom 
Regarding the false attempted delivery.
I've had this a few times, and it's great as I've a security system at home that logs entry/exit and time correlates to the CCTV. A few times I've offered to provide the full recording for the period in question of proof that no one ever came to the door. In at least two cases, the courier company blamed the driver for falsifying the record, but after talking to a driver one time it appears they are under such tight pressure/route timing that often it's the only way for them to finish at a reasonable time.

Moles
Post #573542 26th Oct 2016 2:28pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
An ex work mate works part time for a courier company and some of the stories he has told me beggar belief:
A timed delivery between 6 and 7 am 45 miles from the depot, he does not start till 7 am on arrival customer refuses to accept parcel as it was late so he did not get paid.
He tried to deliver a parcel but person inside refused to come to the door, neighbours would not accept parcel to he took it back to the depot, a complaint of non delivery made by customer.

He now has his own body camera which has a date and time stamp to prove he has tried to make the delivery. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #573603 26th Oct 2016 7:12pm
Chris86

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 USW Chawton White
Couriers
The firm I work for have regular headaches with couriers....

Our regular couriers used for express delivering water samples to a lab near Exeter for analysis regularly send the samples elsewhere.

On the same account, to the same address (in Exeter....) this year they have managed to deliver samples to random addresses in Cambridge, Hereford and Cork (Ireland) despite having a5 size address labels on them all!

They also regularly loose whole boxes, and individual samples out of boxes, we often meet drivers out in site to hand over our days samples- occasionally they are on time, more often they are late, don't turn up at all or in some cases send multiple vans or drivers!

Chris
Post #573631 26th Oct 2016 8:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1