↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] beaten up, cheap, but solid Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
xcentric

[Wanted] beaten up, cheap, but solid Defender
Wanted - knackered but reasonably sound Defender - 200, 300 tai or TD5, not bothered. Decent enough chassis, bulkhead etc wanted though a well patched one fine. Loads of miles ok if serviced reasonably well - essentially, don't want a money pit but want to spend as little as possible. Bodywork can be as bashed as you like.

Ideally a 90 but 110/130 also considered.

Please let me know what you've got. As cheap as possible, but not a resto job.....
Post #576692 9th Nov 2016 11:33pm
Andyred90

United Kingdom 
Not beaten up but will do a deal on mine!

Click image to enlarge
Post #576754 10th Nov 2016 11:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Navigator

Nice vehicle. I could live with the colour but not the price!
Post #576761 10th Nov 2016 11:52am
Mdm

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

nice big bus ex mod an good for you?
Post #576909 10th Nov 2016 8:26pm
xcentric

interesting - how much? pm if you prefer.
Post #576911 10th Nov 2016 8:40pm
Trebro

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Stornoway Grey

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Galvanised chassis, 200tdi and power steering, mot'd to end September next year, is this battered enough for you?
Post #577210 11th Nov 2016 10:29pm
xcentric

Very Happy

price?

any known issues with suspension/uj's/steering box/anything else? ok if there are, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into Laughing

what's interior like? weird rear door too, what's the story with that?!
Post #577213 11th Nov 2016 10:40pm
Trebro

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Stornoway Grey
Brace yourself Here's the full low down:
I bought this on the road and with a current mot in summer 2015 as a runaround for my yard manager (if I bought a nice one he'd want to keep taking it home each night!)
We used it during that summer, we've a seasonal business so we sorned it in sept last year, the mot ran out in oct 2015 . This year it didn't get re mot an it wasn't needed on the road.
I got it mot,d in September, it needed a few bulbs, brake lights needed attention, couple of shock bushes and welding to drivers seat box and gearbox crossmember (bolt in type non Galv)
Engines great, it really does start on a flick of the switch,, professional installation off a 200 tdi disco engine, gearbox is also a Later one, I'm pretty sure it's an lt77 (it's a defender box but may have a disco transfer box) either way the gearbox is fine, as are brakes, steering had a bit of play and the yard manager used to moan about this, but he didn't drive Landies and it's not as bad as the best steering series I've ever owned, the power steering bid leaked a bit, but I added a bottle of treatment intended to find the leak and block it, it worked.
Bulkhead lets it down aesthetically, both top corners are going, drivers footwell is a but scabby but none of this is structural.
Interior is basic, early 110 seats were square squab seats, not defender style, it's actually got a mismatch of both.
Dash clocks etc all work, ad do all the switches, had a few switches added over tine but now redundant, got a full headlining and the rear is ok body and bed is fine, except the rear of the roof, apparently someone reversed into an overhanging branch, gave the top of the roof a whack, but it doesn't leak so it's just character building. The rear cap flap (upper tailgate) doesn't lock (I did get it locking when I first bought it but it didn't last, I think the handle is still in the rear but can't be sure, the lower tailgate is hinged and works fine . Both front doors are solid tops and bottoms.
The truck had huge off road tyres on offset rims when I first looked at it, I bought it without those wheels and tyres as the po wanted over 500 for those and I bought us as a run around not an off-roader, as such it has spacers which offset the standard rims and larger wheel arches to accommodate the previous rims. I put the wheels on when I collected it.
Ok so how much, I put it on ebay end of September for 2850 on nearest offer and had an offer for 2650 within 15mins, I agreed to take it off for the buyer, however he never made it down to collect or made good on his offer. I don't think I'd sell it for less than 2.5k without remarketing at that price first. So that's where I'm at.
Pm me if you'd like to discuss more or want more pics etc
Post #577218 11th Nov 2016 11:36pm
Petronius4

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
What about this? 1986 ex-military 90. 2.5 n/a diesel. New canvas hood. Electrics need some work as it failed mot due to headlights not working. Pretty sure it's gammy fuse box but haven't got round to solving it yet. Sound chassis, some dings and dents but otherwise very sound.

Click image to enlarge
 -------------------------------
👲🏻 1986 ex-Military 90 NAD 2.5 Soft Top. Sold
🇬🇧 2015 Defender 90 - Ripon Landrover Heritage 006
Post #577233 12th Nov 2016 1:03am
xcentric

nice but not the engine I want. If it'd been a 200/300 then I'd have been very keen. thanks tho - it's a good vehicle.
Post #577587 13th Nov 2016 8:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1