↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Completely Dead battery then immobilised
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
farnley

Germany 
Completely Dead battery then immobilised
2013 110 not run for 3 weeks, (both) batteries were completely dead (so no fob open , manual key) . Managed to jump start and drove / ran for 40 mins before parking up , switching off and trying to restart it, runs for 1 second then cuts, as if immobiliser is active (which I believe it is).

Tried to read manual (but in German) and used procedure to re connect plip / fob but no joy as does not connect at all (can some post link in English for this?) , So far tried 4 long locks on key fob from out side locked car , no joy, replaced battery on key fob (just in case as now 3 years old) , and tried all sort of random button pushes both in the car, and from outside .

Tried 2nd fob , and then tried all again after earth disconnect. No joy.

I cannot find the EKA printed anyway, and do not have a reader.

Do I need the EKA, will the LR dealer provide to me over phone or if I visit (I have all the papers)

Thanks
Post #571242 16th Oct 2016 3:49pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
For future reference, if you can't get the EKA from Land Rover then you can get it cheaply and easily from these guys: http://www.remotekey.co.uk/

What's the immobiliser light doing?
When I've had immobiliser issues with the TD5 it's either just turned over and not started or it's not even tried to turn over.
Post #571375 16th Oct 2016 9:48pm
farnley

Germany 
Thanks for the reply, and it is a good steer on the remotekey website.

The car has been at the main dealer for 24 hours, they tried everything to re sync the fobs, but eventually have told me that both must have failed (at same time!) despite fact that one has never been used and kept as a true spare in a drawer remote from the car.

Their only option was to sell me two new fobs at EUR 200 each !

The dealer has been good (Moll Dusseldorf) however I do question their finding, both fobs fail at the same time AND they are EUR200 each to replace. Seems easy money for LR, and no real safe feeling that it will not happen again !

Whilst I can accept things can go wrong, and wear out the sequence of events over last 48 hours leaving LR (dealer) Eur 400 better off and me stranded when a key (no pun!) requirement AND its back up both fail at the same time leave me with both a loss of confidence and faith in a "true customer- supplier partnership"
Post #572121 19th Oct 2016 8:41pm
apt100

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
As you say... the chances of that happening seem slim.
I would have suggested contacting the JLR rep on here... but they seem to have gone very quiet since production stopped. Sad
Post #572172 19th Oct 2016 10:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1