↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Pictures & Video > Nanocom Evolution
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Lorryman100

Nanocom Evolution
Meant to take and post these pictures before putting up the post about the offer Nakatanenga has made for forum members. With work and bevvying commitments over the festive period I don't know where the time went so can only apologise for my slackness in posting them Embarassed

Please be gentle with the quality of the pictures as I used my Blackberry to take them, also still a wee bit hungover from last night hence the shakes on the odd one Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

These are just a few of the screens to allow you too see what a great bit of kit this is Thumbs Up
Post #50606 1st Jan 2011 4:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
cant wait to get mine Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Mike
Post #50620 1st Jan 2011 6:16pm
parktag

France 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
I'm probably going to order one with all engines covered but i just wondered if it would do anything with a V8 disco, even if it just cleared fault codes or is there another system i could get for that vehicle ? 130 crew cab
98 V8 Disco
Post #50631 1st Jan 2011 7:14pm
Lorryman100

If you check out the nanocom website they are soon going to release the following module:

DISCOII V8 PETROL
DISCOII AUTOGEARBOX
DISCOII SRS

I'm sorry if it seems like I am pushing this product but for me personally for the money it is superb Thumbs Up
Post #50632 1st Jan 2011 7:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Nice pics and a good laid out screen, the color makes a nice difference.

Was your car at it's natural idle speed when the snap shot of 702 rpm was taken ?

Pete
Post #50645 1st Jan 2011 10:03pm
Lorryman100

bell-auto-services wrote:

Was your car at it's natural idle speed when the snap shot of 702 rpm was taken ?

Pete

Hi Pete,

yes it was mate. It has been sitting unused in the drive this last week and today was the first time it has been fired

And since I have your attention Pete, looking to get your BAS Remap but want Two different remaps, ie one for towing and another for performance. What I'm asking is can I have more than one remap option on your remap system? cheers mate.
Post #50647 1st Jan 2011 10:11pm
bell-auto-services

Hi
I'll have to look at the idle speed on this my self, 99% of the maps I've seen have an idle speed set to 800, this leads me to believe that possibily the nanocom firmware may need some correction factor slightly adjusting to make the live data show correctly.
I know from experience the CAN output converted to decimal live data can be very fiddley to get scaled as it should be.

Unless of course your car was for some reason only idleing at 702 !

Re tuning. You would not be gaining anything with those 2 choices of maps, in essence they would be virtually the same.

Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 2nd Jan 2011 12:11am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #50648 1st Jan 2011 10:19pm
Lorryman100

If it helps the scangauge 2 i have fitted permanently, regularly shows between 780 and 800 rpm at tick over, should I be worried Question I have a 2009 puma with 10000 on the clock, I regularly use 2 STROKE OIL in my fuel, wondering if that could make a difference Question

As to my future remap I will send you an email after the New year as I need my funds to buy everybody's nanocoms Whistle

ps. will be down in York in May for 2 weeks holiday with the caravan. Would it be OK for me to come around for a visit Question
Post #50651 1st Jan 2011 10:29pm
bell-auto-services

Your scan gauge seems more correct realistic and normal expected figure.

If you get time can you compare the idle speed shown on the scanguage at the same time as nanocom, this will show if any software correction may be needed in the nanocom live date correction tables.

Nps re a visit. I'm at a show in may so I may be manic, unless you see me at the show in driffield.

Pete
Post #50653 1st Jan 2011 10:34pm
Lorryman100

Your scan gauge seems more correct and realistic a figure.

If you get time can you compare the idle speed shown on the scanguage at the same time as nanocom, this will show if any software correction may be needed.

Nps re a visit. I'm at a show in may so I may be manic, unless you see me at the show in driffield.

Pete

No probs Pete, tomorrow i will be using the landy so once it is warm i will take a scangauge reading then disconnect the obd2 socket and connect the nanocom to see the difference. Not to worried though as the nanocom unit was purchased to help diagnose problems that the scangauge doesn't cover. I bought the scangauge as an additional scan tool to show outside temp, fuel usage etc.etc. As to your remap looking good mate as only one map needed Bow down The reason for going to York (ROWNTREES on the ring road) was so we could drive up the A1/M1 TO DRIFFIELD for the show Thumbs Up may be after some 285/75x16 bfg km2 as well Whistle I'm sure you will do me a deal for your remap and tyres Whistle
Post #50658 1st Jan 2011 10:55pm
bell-auto-services

Without doing my self our of business, Driffield show may be worth a visit if you are looking for tyres. A few big tyre companies go with some great deals on.

What you doing at rowntrees if I may ask, I have a few mates work their and one next door at Cargils the bean grinding part.

Pete
Post #50660 1st Jan 2011 11:03pm
Lorryman100

Ok pete got the sites mixed up Embarassed Will be staying at Beechwood Grange and not Rowntrees park. As we have 3 dogs we prefer sites outside of towns and cities as its less hassle, will pop in to see you at either your premises or at the driffield show as I will get your remap and probably the tyres as I like being a member of Defender2.net and as your a sponsor will give you the business Thumbs Up
Post #50677 2nd Jan 2011 12:08am
Lorryman100

If you get time can you compare the idle speed shown on the scanguage at the same time as nanocom, this will show if any software correction may be needed in the nanocom live date correction tables.

The scangauge shows 800rpm

Click image to enlarge

And the nanocom also shows 800rpm

Click image to enlarge

The original photo I posted earlier was taken from within the Wabco ABS section and not the live engine data as above photo shows

Click image to enlarge

Also found that the scangauge doesn't pick up on all faults within the ecu

Click image to enlarge

Where as the nanocom lists these

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The EML was not illuminated so saved the info to the nanocom and cleared the faults, went for a run and replugged the nanocom in, no faults found Thumbs Up
Post #50735 2nd Jan 2011 6:32pm
bell-auto-services

Ahh so the ABS was showing it differently for some reason, at least uo have the ideal 800rpm as it should be Very Happy

regarding the faults, this could be a simple thing really, EG tested and Non tested DTC's and one tool may show differently to the other thats all nothing to worry about.

My BAS interface shows both in the same menu also which in some cases can cause people to think they have faults when infact they dont, again nothing to worry about but something i keep having to explain to the customer lol.

Pete
Post #50738 2nd Jan 2011 6:44pm
Lorryman100

Cheers Pete Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #50741 2nd Jan 2011 6:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>