↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > '14 Corris Grey 90 XS SW - With a Twist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
adamatdraycott

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
'14 Corris Grey 90 XS SW - With a Twist
I emailed the dealer yesterday afternoon; curious to whether a build date had been issued, as i had initially been given a rough delivery date of end of March/April.

I got a reply first thing this morning stating the Defender has been passed to the transport company and will be with the dealer Thursday/Friday this week! However due to already having a '14 plate to register it to i won't be picking it up till March 1st ish.

I'm mainly surprised i didn't get notification of my build date... in fact i have had little to no contact since ordering it mid-December.

The whole scenario sounds like a cancelled order to me, not such a bad thing as long as its a new, untouched car to my spec.

Looking forward to taking delivery... especially now the wait is a month shorter! Will have to book it in with Chris (Killer90) for its treatment!

I'll keep this thread for when i take delivery and just re-hash the title! Specs are below:

Spec:
Land Rover 90 XS Station Wagon (MY14)
Corris Grey with a contrast black roof
Dual Finish wheels with Conti Cross
Carpet rather than the standard rubber matting
Towing set up

Last edited by adamatdraycott on 26th Jan 2016 8:47pm. Edited 7 times in total
Post #305356 5th Feb 2014 7:15pm
Cuthbert

Currently - early delivery appears fairly normal - mine showed up nearly 6 weeks early. Like you I left it sitting going nowhere and unloved in a yard somewhere until I was ready. I understand the dealers are at the mercy of the factory but TATA want the cash flowing towards HQ and they have the right approach to meeting the needs (or maybe exceeding the needs) of their customers.

Hope they got it well sealed at the Factory - because if its sitting outside in a storage yard in this weather - you are going to find out.
Post #305365 5th Feb 2014 7:46pm
adamatdraycott

I'll be asking the dealer to keep a close eye on it leak wise and if its wet inside when i collect it i won't be happy... especially as its a 2hr drive to fetch it!

If you find issues on collection are you entitled to a courtesy car?
Post #305388 5th Feb 2014 8:53pm
dwrights

United Kingdom 
Hi,

Who did you place your order with? I'm waiting on a 110 Utility, just wondering if it might come early?
Post #305406 5th Feb 2014 9:34pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Yes, in Aus, I do not like to see any new car I've ordered sitting around, I want it straight away.
Not so much the rain in Aus, but the Sun & the heat. Rubber seals, paint, & interior etc do not like day after day sitting in the sun.
If it was my car, I'd pick it up now, if it's in the weather anyway.
There was a short delay in the P.D. of our Defender which was out in the weather, so I asked them to place it under cover, which they did,...perhaps you could ask for yours to be stored under cover, as it has arrived before you expected?
Having said that, I notice that many of you guys do not have a garage, so being in the open may not be a problem?
Cheers, Pickles.
Post #305416 5th Feb 2014 9:47pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Thumbs Up whey nice and early Smile mines here on the first aswell. Thumbs Up see you soon cheers chris CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #305423 5th Feb 2014 10:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Yeah but in the uk we are mad about our reg numbers. Must be the latest plate. Even if your not bothered the next buyer will be.

An my14 registered on the 27th of feb will be worth less than one registered on the 1st of march with a nice 14 reg number.
Post #305425 5th Feb 2014 10:05pm
adamatdraycott

dwrights wrote:
Hi,

Who did you place your order with? I'm waiting on a 110 Utility, just wondering if it might come early?

Ordered from Guy Salmon Knutsford mid December ish... Was told April but March was possible

My parents got me a 'LR14' plate, with initials as last 3 digits, which forces collection in March. I hate tacky private plates and would rather blend in, yet it still means something.

Sitting outside isn't such an issue in the UK... I don't have a garage so it will sit on the drive anyway. But I will mention to the dealers to keep an eye on it leaking and get anything rectified before delivery. If a defender doesn't leak in the current weather we are seeing... It never will!
Post #305460 5th Feb 2014 11:17pm
Cuthbert

RobKeay wrote:
Yeah but in the uk we are mad about our reg numbers. Must be the latest plate. Even if your not bothered the next buyer will be.

An my14 registered on the 27th of feb will be worth less than one registered on the 1st of march with a nice 14 reg number.

Oh what a strategic blunder I've just made - I should have told the dealer to keep my new '63' plate Defender for another four weeks and then I would have had a shiny new '14' plate to show off in. This is going to cost me big time when it comes to selling it - the depreciation will hit me hard - maybe I should sell it next week before my losses really start mounting up. How can I have been so stupid? I need therapy. I shouldn't be allowed out of the house without a responsible adult to accompany me.
Post #305496 6th Feb 2014 12:34am
RobKeay

Think mine will be 63 plate. I sold my last one in December and can't wait to get in my new one. Been driving my wife's car about and I am fed up of it. Wonder how much difference it will make being a 2014 63 reg?

I haven't heard anything about mine yet, ordered it late December. Already brought loads of bits to fit.
Post #305497 6th Feb 2014 12:53am
anrw

United Kingdom 
Strange. No signs of mine (ordered 11.12.13), dealer said last week that no build date had yet been issued. Maybe they batch produce them - SW's in one batch, commercials in another as mine is a hard top XS?
Regards

Nigel
Post #305632 6th Feb 2014 4:56pm
dwrights

United Kingdom 
Hi,

Mine is being built starting March 3rd 2014. I ordered it 22nd November 2013. Can't wait.
Post #305639 6th Feb 2014 6:02pm
RobKeay

Ordered mine 28/12/13, not heard anything yet.
Post #305640 6th Feb 2014 6:06pm
Pacific24

Could it be that they have cancelled orders and dispatch those to the dealers instead of building a specific vehicle for your order?
Post #305642 6th Feb 2014 6:19pm
Cuthbert

Based on my personal experience over the past few months I simply offer the following tip

Expect the unexpected!

My dealer kept me fully informed throughout the pre-delivery process with regular updates from his computer - I felt more than comfortable with the process. We had an agreed plan and actions for extras, insurance and the cash van arriving at his door with payment - both parties thought they knew exactly what was going on.

Then one quiet day - the phone rang and the dealer sheepishly announced there was a delivery truck in his yard and my Defender was on it - did I want it a month early? Totally unexpected by all parties - and I believe the dealership was genuinely and totally surprised - but the factory was apparently working very hard to reduce waiting times (and get Tata's cash flow improved).

So expect the unexpected and make sure your funding and insurance and everything else is organised well in advance. Or tell them to leave it rusting in the yard till the date you originally wanted it?
Post #305675 6th Feb 2014 7:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>