↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Gillarion requests your support in a time of need please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 15 123 ... 131415>
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Gillarion requests your support in a time of need please
I know this is a Land Rover forum and most of us are worried about our vehicles, do they run well is that knock indicative of a fault, etc.. Sorry if this post is long...

But I have a different problem, my daughter. For those that know me well they know that I have three children two of which have no problems at all; however, my daughter through complications at her birth has many. My daughter Hollie has had thirty three operations in her lifetime some of them major and with each surgery she has challenged all warnings from Professors and surgeons who have said , ‘well this may happen’ and she has defied all the warnings and recovered’ and has gone on to delight both me and her mum.

Hollie is a fantastic person, when in Hospital she cares more for the other patients in her ward than she does for herself and she always says, dad there are people in more pain than I am in in my ward, i am OK.

I always go down to the operating theatre with Hollie and I stay with her until she is asleep, and each time I do she is so frightened even though she trys to be brave for me , and I try and be brave for her and give her my support before they inject the anaesthetic into her cannula and she goes to sleep, it is believe me the hardest thing a parent has to face.

Why am I writing this, it is because Hollie has to face yet another operation, to try and repair a gland in Hollie’s brain, I have been told that the surgeons will go up her nose and remove cartilage and bone to access her brain and do all the surgical work, they make it sound good that they are not going to saw her head open but I am still very troubled, this operation will take up to four hours to complete and Hollie will need six weeks to recover both in intensive care and on a general medical ward.

I am so worried I cannot tell you, the operation is dangerous and I have had to sign papers that if it goes wrong the surgeons are not responsible.

All I ask is that anybody reading this thinks of Hollie and wishes her well on Friday; she is one of the good people of this world and does not deserve this.

I took her into a Manchester Hospital tonight, her operation is scheduled for Friday but she has to go through various procedures before the operation. Her main worry as she told me tonight is not for herself but for her two pets, Star, a retired beach Donkey and her cat Cucumber both of which she loves dearly and she made me promise that I will look after them both if anything happens.

I am sorry if this post disheartens people, I usually try to be light hearted, flippant and in some ways humorous but not today, to say I am worried is the greatest understatement ever uttered on this forum.

Hollies mum has been allowed to stay at the Hospital with her, the accommodation provided for my wife is excellent but I doubt like me my wife will get any proper sleep over the next few days.

Again I am sorry to write such a hard thread but I need a little bit of extra support. My best mate is staying with me for the next few days and he is great, but if you could just think about my daughter, as they say every little bit helps. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #554889 9th Aug 2016 11:45pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Your daughter sounds like a wonderful brave girl and I can't imagine what your going through but my thoughts will be with you all Thumbs Up if one of mine (no matter how annoying they can be) was going through this I'd be in bits. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #554890 9th Aug 2016 11:55pm
Oakseywick

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
Hi Gillarion I am sorry to hear about you daughter and as a parent I can imagine the anguish you are going through. I hope all goes well it sounds like your daughter is a strong one so hopefully she will get through this ok.

My thoughts will be with you and your family Thumbs Up

Andy
Post #554891 9th Aug 2016 11:57pm
RoddyK05

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Yellow
Thoughts are with Hollie, you and your family. Indeed THE most worrying thing you could put yourself through, hoping for a successful procedure and a full recovery. I'm sure everyone will be thinking of you.
Post #554892 9th Aug 2016 11:57pm
apt100

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Best wishes to the both of you and the rest of the family as well.
Post #554893 9th Aug 2016 11:59pm
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
Sorry to hear of Hollie's problems, best of luck with the op and a speedy recovery. It is good you have close friends and family that can help and you know you can rely on the good people of D2.net for a kind word any time Thumbs Up , I wish your family a long and happy life together. 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #554894 10th Aug 2016 12:00am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I have no children so can only imagine what you and your wife are going through. Me and Mrs Rashers will be thinking of you all and wish your Daughter Hollie a speedy recovery from her operation.
Post #554895 10th Aug 2016 12:10am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I'm sure the op will help to move her forward, a few months backwards to hopefully move forward stronger...I imagine it will still be very tough especially when it's someone you care about.

Stay strong, try not to worry and I hope it al goes to plan Mike
Post #554896 10th Aug 2016 12:16am
muddybaldboy

Wales 1999 Defender 110 Td5 HT Chawton White
Take heart, there are a lot of people in yours and Hollies corner. Thoughts are with you and your family. He who dies with the most toys...wins!
Post #554899 10th Aug 2016 12:50am
agentmulder

Kuwait 
Thoughts with you and your family from down under Thumbs Up

She sounds like a real trooper. Solved the bowel problem, working on the consonants...
Post #554900 10th Aug 2016 2:42am
leeds

United Kingdom 
Hi Gilarion, my thoughts are with Hollie and both her Mum and yourself. Am not good at expressing myself but please try and stay strong both for Hollie sake, her Mums sake and your sake. You have your close friends around you for support and help and the wider D2 community

Brendan
Post #554901 10th Aug 2016 3:30am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Our thoughts are with you, from Aussie.
Pickles.
Post #554902 10th Aug 2016 4:29am
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
I know nothing of the pain and suffering you are going through but equally i do know that the NHS are the best in the world and if anyone can fix your little girl it is them. Even in Lancashire Very Happy Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #554905 10th Aug 2016 5:00am
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Hollie sounds like a tough little cookie Gillarion, our thoughts are with her and the rest of the family.
We hope she has a swift recovery and is home with Star and Cucumber (and the rest of you!) before you know it.

With our best wishes Thumbs Up Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #554906 10th Aug 2016 5:08am
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
Will be thinking of you all on Friday.
Hope all goes well Thumbs Up
Post #554908 10th Aug 2016 5:56am
Post Reply  Back to top