↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Gillarion requests your support in a time of need please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 15 <123 ... 131415>
Print this entire topic · 
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
I don't get on with my mum, dad and their daughter (my sister) all the time, but never call them donkeys Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #557924 22nd Aug 2016 8:19am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Gillarion,

Fantastic news that Hollie is already on the mend. I think anyone would accept that is the case the moment the first customer order for a McD's Happy Meal comes in... Very Happy

Seem to remember in our day it was Ice Cream. Normally strawberry, processed and with not a drop of milk in it's fabrication. Shocked How times have changed. Whistle

Keeping fingers crossed and Hollie in our mind, for continued, speedy recovery. Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #557940 22nd Aug 2016 8:44am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
I hope Hollie is back home soon Gilarion and you can all get back to some sense of normality.

I am sure that she will be well looked after once she is back home and I hope that you too will soon be able to relax and renergise yourself after such a stressful time.

Your whole family must be exhausted and I hope that you are receiving the necessary support from friends and family.

Wishing Hollie, you and your family all the very best.

Take care,

Will
Post #558739 24th Aug 2016 11:03pm
TVM

United Arab Emirates 
Gillarion

Very happy to know Hollie is recovering very well. Wishing Hollie, you and your family all the very best.

Take care

Cheers TVM
Post #558770 25th Aug 2016 7:47am
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
Great to hear Hollie is fine, hopefully now you can all get some well deserved rest and family time. Thumbs Up 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #558772 25th Aug 2016 7:56am
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Glad to hear your news Gillarion, fantastic for Hollie and the rest of the family. Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #558930 25th Aug 2016 8:13pm
PK1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
glad to see everything is going well Thumbs Up Defender 110 TDCi XS SW
Range Rover Sport HSE
Post #558968 25th Aug 2016 9:46pm
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
wonderful news. Garillion, you and your family are an inspiration. I hope Hollie makes a full recovery soon.
Post #559605 28th Aug 2016 9:00pm
JAY BOY

Wales 
Ive just come back off my hols and read through all the posts I've missed. Its all fantastic news and I'm very happy and pleased for you and your family. Bow down Bow down
Post #559609 28th Aug 2016 9:13pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Here is an update.

Hollie is to be discharged tomorrow (Friday) and allowed home. She is fully recovered, the tumour she had in her brain has been removed and her pituitary gland is as it should be. Sorry I did not give a medical explanation of Hollies op but I was scared to, however, Hollie is fine and through the marvels of doctors and medical science Hollie is back to normal, though the next few weeks she will have to take things easy.

I am so relived, well that goes without saying, and I have planned a holiday for us all at the end of September, not abroad because Hollie will not be able to fly for a while yet, so instead we are to holiday in a place called Boscastle in Cornwall, as a family we have been kindly offered a convalescence cottage at that place.

All I can say is thank you to all that have expressed concern for me and my daughter; I have felt so humbled by your kindness.

This is a bit of an extra.

Dreams come true

Starlight

Rainbows trust

All are charities that can make seriously ill children have in their final months of life happiness, whether it be a trip to a football match that they never thought possible, or even meeting a famous pop star.

To have a child is a special thing those who have children know that, those on this forum who are yet to experience that, well in the future to have that joy they will know what I mean.

I know I go on a bit, but please read this, and give if you can give to those charities I mentioned above.

This is why.

I met in a Manchester Children’s hospital through Hollie a little boy called Trent, a really cheeky little chap whose smile is something I will never forget, he had his fourth birthday last Tuesday in hospital and he had a birthday party to celebrate it, with cakes, balloons, and a person who dressed as a funny clown and performed great magic tricks.

When the party was over and all was quite in the ward, I was still there sat next to Hollie in her bed next to Trent. On his bedside table was all his presents, including a commuter game console and a remote control helicopter, and I asked Trent if he had a good time on his birthday, he said he had, but what he really wanted for his birthday was to go up Blackpool Tower, he said his grandad had told him he had built it, and I agreed with him as you do, who was I to disagree with that childhood statement.

His dad had promised him that when he got out of hospital that was where he was going. The other thing he wanted when he got home was a puppy, he had already thought about a name, and he would call it Rooney, after the captain of England, he told me his dad had promised him a puppy.

Trent had been through a massive operation to repair his heart, he seemed to recover well, but he did not, on Wednesday his little heart that had been through so much could not go through any more and it finally gave out and he died.

I knew what had come about when the monitors gave out, and the alarms went off, and nurses and doctors rushed to his bedside.

Hollie asked me where he had gone, she was aware what had happened what with curtains closed and what have you, and after I found out I told her what had occurred, Hollie said to me do not be sad dad, and that Trent had gone to somewhere else.
It did not stop me from having to say of course he has, and then excusing myself by saying I am going for a coffee and crying my eyes out on the corridor.

It has been hard these last few weeks, I am so lucky, but not every kid makes it, that is why if you can give anything do so.

To cry your eyes out for a kid you have never known is hard, but to be blessed to have his smile in your life, just for a short time is something that I will always know.

The more money given to keep kids alive through charities and what they do has to be worth it , do you not think so.

I one of the lucky ones, tomorrow I will take my daughter home.

Thanks again guys for all you wishes,

Give if you can.

Sorry for the long post For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #560684 2nd Sep 2016 1:05am
Maris Widgeon

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
You certainly have been on a roller coaster of emotions , I think most of us have shed tears with you.
So glad to here your daughter is on the mend after such a large op.
Boscastle is beautiful ,and will be really nice at this time of year. I think the Donkey might struggle a bit on the cobbles in the harbour as there isn't much beach !!
Hope you all have a great break , you certainly deserve it.

Nick.
Post #560694 2nd Sep 2016 7:28am
dioliahary

Scotland 
It is a thin line we all tread, glad everything is working out for Hollie and yourselves. Enjoy your holiday it's well deserved.
Post #560721 2nd Sep 2016 9:19am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Thanks Gilarion for the update and there is no need to apologise for such a long post.
Somethings need to be told and this makes (or should make) the rest of us realise just how lucky we actually are.
I hope you and your family get the holiday you deserve.
Post #560790 2nd Sep 2016 12:52pm
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Gillarion

Thanks for the update, I was only thinking last night how things were going.

You will love Boscastle, the road into the town is interesting at the bottom !

As Hollie likes Donkeys I was going to suggest visiting the Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth but it is a bit of a long drive from there.

If you all feel up to it, maybe a trip to Clovelly (not far from Boscastle) and you can see the Donkeys there.

http://www.clovelly.co.uk/village/donkey-stables

Have a great holiday and please do keep us updated with Hollies progress.

Bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #560800 2nd Sep 2016 1:34pm
L110CDL

England 
I was thinking it was a time for a update and there it was Very Happy Thanks for that Gillarion, as bob neville has said, great place down there, as i do some work around there, around Higher Crackington Haven Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #561108 3rd Sep 2016 8:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 15 <123 ... 131415>