Home > Site News & Feedback > Nitram17 has been banned
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Quote:
‘We are all equal but some are more equal than others’,
Is a self-contradictory or a logically improper conclusion and is classed as a dangerous paradox. Sadly we are not all born equal and that’s a fact and it is the way of the world, on the other hand it empowers some to become more equal, the trick is not to accept the absurdity that some are more equal than others and so enabling some to become more equal than each and every one. WinkThumbs Up Rolling with laughter For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #546873 7th Jul 2016 3:11pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I think everyone needs to move on.

One flick of a switch from Martin and NONE of us will have a forum to log on to. We will see something like this....

Click image to enlarge

I for one think its a brilliant forum as a fairly new owner the advice and friendly nature of people I have never met is great. Lets keep it that way and move on.

Thumbs Up
Post #546874 7th Jul 2016 3:15pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Very Happy

just in time before it's shut down. Mr. Green
Post #546875 7th Jul 2016 3:17pm
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
gilarion wrote:
Quote:
‘We are all equal but some are more equal than others’,
Is a self-contradictory or a logically improper conclusion and is classed as a dangerous paradox. Sadly we are not all born equal and that’s a fact and it is the way of the world, on the other hand it empowers some to become more equal, the trick is not to accept the absurdity that some are more equal than others and so enabling some to become more equal than each and every one. WinkThumbs Up Rolling with laughter

That's the best post I've read in ages, I don't know what it means but it made me laugh! Thumbs Up 2015 Defender 90XS HT
Post #546876 7th Jul 2016 3:18pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I didn't understand it either Embarassed

This is what I meant:

A proclamation by the pigs who control the government in the novel Animal Farm, by George Orwell.

The sentence is a comment on the hypocrisy of governments that proclaim the absolute equality of their citizens but give power and privileges to a small elite.

(Not my explanation - borrowed from Google)
Post #546877 7th Jul 2016 3:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Stacey007 wrote:
I think everyone needs to move on.

One flick of a switch from Martin and NONE of us will have a forum to log on to. We will see something like this....

Click image to enlarge

I for one think its a brilliant forum as a fairly new owner the advice and friendly nature of people I have never met is great. Lets keep it that way and move on.

Thumbs Up

Well that's not quite true [re. underlined comment]. There are numerous other Land Rover based forums out there with various methods of funding and policies. I should know as I have been, and continue to be involved with the running of one or two of them over quite a few years.

Sometimes comments from people can cause ripples that can extend much wider than the forum concerned and invade personal and commercial interests. Very often a moderator / admin will be damned if they do and damned if they don't. the FACT is any kind of moderating action will invariably result in ripples on the surface that particular forums pond and often result in umpteen meta discussions where people feel they have to chip in with an opinion [me included].

Real life is short and the vast majority of people mean well but remember - the real / intended emotions behind the text can so easily be misconstrued. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #546881 7th Jul 2016 3:38pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Go Beyond wrote:
It is a fact as Nitram17's banning and numerous others who have pm'd me but wish to remain anonymous attest to that if you cross / criticise / disagree with Brendan then you will be warned off by Martin.

Correct - but replace "Brendan" with any other member's name and the exact same applies.

I have said time and again that criticism is fine. Being obnoxious is not. There is a difference.

The reporting system is there for all to use - triangle top right of every post. It doesn't exist for just one person. And I deal with reports equally.

This was something I was supposed to be sorting out with Nitram17 in private and could have been resolved by now.

Instead it gets dragged into the public arena, 4 pages so far, as part of the chip on your shoulder about Brendan.

Aren't you better than all of this?  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #546896 7th Jul 2016 4:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Razz

I've been warned before by Martin and all I can say is he seems to be very reasonable.

Thumbs Up

good job Martin.

(I can't comment on the particulars of this incidence but from what I've seen personally Martin seems very fair and reasonable)

....going back to the thread that I got warned on....... Censored CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored
Post #546897 7th Jul 2016 4:52pm
steve E

Wales 
I've also had a warning from Martin after another member wound me up and have to say that he dealt with it in totally the correct manner and I feel that the rules do indeed apply to all.
Post #546902 7th Jul 2016 5:11pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
I recommend everyone try pressure washing an old timber deck, it really is one of the most satisfying 'chores' I've ever had to do!! James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #546905 7th Jul 2016 5:22pm
ken

United Kingdom 
I've reported Martins post to Martin Rolling with laughter
Post #546912 7th Jul 2016 5:42pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
You like to live dangerously then. That’s am immediate ban for you… Laughing

Personally it all boils down to this Martin is the boss his rules are his rules adhere and no one has to worry. Simples as Sergei and Aleksandr would say. Thumbs Up For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #546919 7th Jul 2016 6:29pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
If you've nothing good to say, don't say it at all is my motto.

That theory can get you out of many a situation believe you me.
Post #546980 7th Jul 2016 9:54pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
^^^ yup and if you don't like how the forums run you can always feck off to a knuckle daggers forum.
Post #546982 7th Jul 2016 10:02pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
There's no need to LOCK anything,...that way we all suffer.
What needs to be remembered is that a forum is not like speaking face to face,...things can come across not quite the way you intended, your comment becomes misconstrued, someone doesn't like it, then it's "tit for tat" etc, & so it goes on.
So, the secret is, make sure that your comments are NOT too aggressive, and could not be construed as such. If ya wanna "have a go", send a pm.
IMHO Martin does a SUPERB job running this site, and let me tell you, He is FAR more tolerant, than other "precious" mods I've come across.
So Martin, all the way from Aussie, thanks for the best Defender Forum on the planet. Pickles.
NB: Ain't telling anyone "how to suck eggs". Being from Aussie, I don't know any of you guys personally,...just giving my opinion.
Post #546986 7th Jul 2016 10:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>