↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > Billing 2016
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mother superior

United Kingdom 
Camped there last year with the D3 team ( being a D4 owner as well ) and things did get a little savoury at night, as I remember someone drew on someone else's Landy with brake fluid, security was out and about the next day.
Over the years there seems to be more and more people there who are dest described as " dog toffee "
Sad really, but I'm off to Peterborough this year
Wes Oh woe, oh woe
My crusty old landrover,
It will not go.
Post #546398 5th Jul 2016 10:08pm
AJC

United Kingdom 
I'm doing Billing, i'm going to set myself up in a quiet corner hopefully as i've the wife and kids with me. I'm taking a friends caravan too instead of tenting it
Post #546434 6th Jul 2016 6:04am
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Hmmm .. I was just making plans to do Billing, and a Saturday night camping as well - think I have been put off by these comments.

Maybe wait for LRO Peterboro as well...

Seems to be a concensus Sad

I'll be watching this thread with interest - may decide to go nearer the time... Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #546498 6th Jul 2016 11:25am
schuee

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
We have been going as a group with the kids (now teenagers) to Billing for long as I can remember, in the early days we camped in the showground, though always found even after booking pitches, that turning up on the Friday night was a bit of pot luck where you could pitch up and over the years the camping areas became smaller, also with bad security and rowdiness we decided to camp in Grange Farm just the other side of the river from the show ground. We have been going here for some years now, and other than one incident around 5 years ago, which the security dealt with promptly, we find you get a good mix of Landy people here from all nationalities, either on their own, or in groups or family's. Don't get me wrong there is always going to be someone making a bit of noise during the evenings, though we find it does quieten down later on, ( you have to let your hair down at least once a year Laughing ) regarding security, we have found them to be on the ball, even noticed during the night patrolling the camping grounds, so there is some comfort in that, also I'm sure last year there was a new mobile shower / toilet block which was cleaned on a regular basis.
Going on that people still can walk freely through this area, so we always make sure any vehicles are armed with security, though unfortunately that is the case anywhere these days Crying or Very sad
Anyway we have already booked, so not long to go, so maybe see some new faces there Very Happy
Post #546806 7th Jul 2016 10:42am
BossHog

England 
Based on the responses/comments we will make a decision whether to attend the week of the show, looks like we will stay at the farm also if we do attend.
Post #547328 9th Jul 2016 12:59pm
Tompoole

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black
Always go to billing, early years we went on site but last 10years we've
Camped on the farm , much better , cleaner and safer.
Richard ( the farmer) won't allow any bad behaviour. Have fun be happy
Post #550319 21st Jul 2016 8:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 
Billing this weekend
Please will Def2 people going to Billing this weekend keep an eye out for Nakatanenga and 4x4overlander branded goods on sale. The stolen pallets were not recovered and I am guessing that some things might just surface at Billing. If you see anyone selling gear with the Nakatanenga bear on it, the likelihood is it is from the stolen pallets as none of our trade customers are attending Billing. If you do see anything you might want to report it to the boys in blue or at the very least take a piccy of the people selling it.

Thank you
Barbara
Post #551368 26th Jul 2016 3:29pm
BossHog

England 
So we have decided to attend and are booked to stay at the farm on Friday and Sat Night with the trailer, so If we get kept awake Sad ,, robbed Confused ,, or locked up Shocked ,, we will let you know. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable experience for everone attending and we will eagerly return in the future Thumbs Up Here's to some good weather as currently it's pouring down !
Post #551972 28th Jul 2016 7:12pm
Merlin

United Kingdom 
Word is that Billing aren't going to host car events in the future. So this seems to be the last one.

Merlin
Post #552263 29th Jul 2016 9:01pm
AJC

United Kingdom 
I'm here tonight for my second night problem free. Not heard any trouble or had any issues.
Post #552273 29th Jul 2016 9:31pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Post #552933 1st Aug 2016 6:56pm
Pinky

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Baltic Blue
I went just for the day on Friday and was slightly disappointed at the lack of trade stands, I'm sure there were more last year! As a result I hardly spent anything! Big Cry
There were quite a few of the normal traders but I noticed a lack of actual products on some stands. Not sure if this is because of the fear of theft or that they just wanted to take orders. It didn't make me want to even go and talk to the traders standing in an empty tent covered in their logo but no goods!
Still, I saved money and came straight home and spent a few quid with Adventure 4x4 who weren't there, but were offering 10% off all weekend because they weren't there!

Loved looking around the camping ground to see all the differing setups. One day I'll persuade HWMBO to stay the whole weekend Thumbs Up

Overall it was a nice day out and I'm sure I'll go again next year with another shopping list, but I'm sure there have been better years..
Post #552939 1st Aug 2016 7:55pm
BossHog

England 
Well we arrived Friday and set up in field one which was a quarter full on arrival at 11:30am. The farm site was clean and tidy and staff helpful and friendly over our two day stay. Though the amenities on the camp site were very basic and dated, with only two toilets and four showers for circa two hundred people Shocked though cleaned regularly. We never saw or heard of any trouble at all, in fact everybody on the camp site seemed friendly and polite enough. Only pain was barking dogs from the nearby kennels and apart from this the site was quite and pieceful with no drama's or loonies flying around. We enjoyed the show which was well organised and well attended, with some good weather also, would we go again.... yes we would/will
Post #552944 1st Aug 2016 8:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12