↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Warranty Woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Fox

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Warranty Woes
My MY14 90 XS SW has an easy life and by the looks of a lot of reports on this forum is relatively well-built. However, it's not been entirely mechanically sound and has been in for warranty work at both Stafford Land Rover and Shukers (now Hatfields) in Shrewsbury.

The decision to not undertake a number of the following problems has been made by JLR, I'd like to know under what circumstances JLR will do the work as my requests for the dealer to make-good have almost always come back with 'Land Rover won't authorise that work'. On occasions where something has been fixed, it's been as I'd expect but the decisions are sporadic and in a lot of cases mean that the I've bought a car with ongoing problems which the manufacturer won't rectify. Is this everybody's experience of JKR customer service, or does someone at JLR HQ need to intervene?

> Broken Power Steering Unit - Replaced by Shukers under warranty
> Broken head unit - Replaced by Shukers under warranty

> Leaking water into passenger footwells - Returned 4 times to be fixed, no work done at all on 2 occasions, not fixed on the other 2, still happens under the lightest drizzle - dread to think of the potential unseen damage
> Lambda Sensor Replacement - Engine warning light attended by JLR recovery and advised replacement under warranty, fault code left on ECU. Not replaced under warranty
> All 4 Alloy wheels (boost) blistering and corroded - JLR authorised replacement of 2 - other 2 are 'fine' apparently
> Clutch judder and excessively stiff gear change - "that's just a defender" response on two visits to Shukers and Stafford LR despite it being characteristic of the usual Puma clutch problems
> Rear crossmember corroded - 'replaced' by Stafford Land Rover (actually sent to a bodyshop and painted, I have the invoice from the bodyshop
> Mild Steel fasteners rusted all-round - Not authorised by JLR for replacement
> 3 inches of play in the steering wheel - "that's just a defender" response from Stafford Land Rover
Post #537225 3rd Jun 2016 1:25pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Jesus, if you have 3 inches of play in the steering wheel it is never going to pass an MOT when it comes around which by its age is soon.

I would just on that issue alone get in touch with JLR customer services direct and tell them you have been told by a main agent "that's just a defender".

I have two Defender 90's and both have very positive steering. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #537250 3rd Jun 2016 3:52pm
Dave Bellis

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
My 90 has been to Suckers/Hatfield on about 9 occasions with water ingress into the footwells and various other things. Ryan from JLR on this web site certainly seemed to get things moving contact him.....

Hope you get thing sorted don't give up....

Dave
Post #538370 7th Jun 2016 9:58pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Good morning,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Should you require any assistance from myself please do not hesitate to send me a PM with your contact information and vehicle information and I will be more than happy to help.

Many thanks,

Lucy
Post #538775 9th Jun 2016 7:37am
Biffas

England 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
My 2014 110 has been back to harwards at pulbough three times , clutch started to judder from cold when it had only done 8000 miles they say they cant find a problem with it i have now done 14000 miles and still have the problem the main dealers havnt a clue.
Post #538922 9th Jun 2016 7:56pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Good morning Biffas,

Thank you for your post.

Should you require any further assistance from myself, please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I can investigate this further for you.

Many thanks,

Lucy
Post #539030 10th Jun 2016 8:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1