↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Warranty Work @ Stourbridge Bodyshop
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
K.M

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Warranty Work @ Stourbridge Bodyshop
As the title suggests, Dolly is due to go in and have her paintwork put right.

I make no apologies that I am OCD when it comes to thing been right - occupational hazard in afraid - and wondered if anybody has any experience with the 'Stourbridge Approved Bodyshop'?

The warranty work been carried out is a respray of parts of the roof, arches, left side passenger door and the rear hatch sill as well as some deep scratches that need touching up as they can't be buffed out and a nib on the left side rear quarter (highlighted by JLR not me). YES I know it's a Defender but that's not the point!

At 2 days old I also noticed that the drivers door footwell sill was already rusting!!! As was the passenger side side step.
There are also a few leaks which I'll ask them to look at while it's on.

Is there anything else I should have a good look at and maybe add to the warranty list? Will she be in good hands at Stoirbridge? [/u]
Post #536593 1st Jun 2016 7:00pm
Gurmot

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Not used Stourbridge but I have recently had LR approved body warranty work to my 2010 90 XS. They replaced the windscreen brackets as the ally had corroded and lifted the paint, and there was a small amount of rust starting on the windscreen frame close to the brackets, this was also covered. They also replaced the entire front grille as the lower painted mesh section had corroded. Strangely, they refused to cover the side window catches which had corroded in exactly the same way as the windscreen brackets, and they wouldn't deal with the rear cross member which had turned brown due to the woefully inadequate paint.

I'm not complaining though, quite happy they covered what they did.
Post #536719 1st Jun 2016 11:12pm
jaydt

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
The Stratstone Stourbridge approved paint shop is the owned by Stratstone and not a third party paint shop.I had warranty work done two years ago and was pleased.( then again a friend works there so things were put right that I didnt spot). Windscreen out resealed properly, window surround repainted,new hinges and lower aircon grill repainted. Windscreen surround just started to bubnle again tho.
Post #536744 2nd Jun 2016 7:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1