↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > White defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
army scope jockey

White defender
I am currently living in Germany and working as a physician for the US Army. I am considering a new Defender. I need to know if anyone has a pic of a white defender. I was told the color is Alaska white instead of Chawtan (sp). I assume the diamond plate sill protection just screws on.

We can't get defenders in the US and the only way for me to bring this one back would be to wait 25 yrs. Who knows as screwed up as the US is right now, camping out in Germany is not too bad.
Post #3139 10th Aug 2008 12:48pm
army scope jockey

Wow no white defenders on this forum. FWIW, I just ordered a 2009 Defender 110 SE in Stonaway gray. I figured white looked too much like a UN vehicle.[/img]
Post #3239 19th Aug 2008 12:16pm
CapeLandy

South Africa 
 Puma 110 - gone
Series III 1973 - going strong
Post #3241 19th Aug 2008 1:04pm
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
White is back in fashion here in the UK - Defenders, Golf GTi, Mini - all look good - it's a classic retro colour I suppose.
I like my non-metallic Keswick green with white roof and wheels for that old-skool look.

Stornoway is a good colour too though... Wink
How long have you got to wait for an '09?
Post #3244 19th Aug 2008 2:10pm
CapeLandy

South Africa 
You could looze ze vite defender in ze snow - ya? Wink Puma 110 - gone
Series III 1973 - going strong
Post #3246 19th Aug 2008 4:19pm
one_iota

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Arctic White:

Click image to enlarge
 Mahn
'08 Defender 110
ex '95 Disco 300 Tdi
www.aulro.com
Post #3253 20th Aug 2008 12:03pm
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Ads90

Any chance you could post a pic of said Keswick Green DEFENDER ? it sounds sweet !

I really like the colour and very nearly had one of the Old Heritage ones on a very early TD5 when they came out !" in a very similar colour.

I ended up buying a 300TDI in Cobar Blue at that time and that was a really nice colour ! and was late registered on a T plate ! the last of the mechanical ECU's.

I have a Tonga green one and cant help but look at it thinking i have made the wrong decision with the colour ! DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #3273 21st Aug 2008 11:17am
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
chalky wrote:
Ads90

Any chance you could post a pic of said Keswick Green DEFENDER ? it sounds sweet !

I really like the colour and very nearly had one of the Old Heritage ones on a very early TD5 when they came out !" in a very similar colour.

I ended up buying a 300TDI in Cobar Blue at that time and that was a really nice colour ! and was late registered on a T plate ! the last of the mechanical ECU's.

I have a Tonga green one and cant help but look at it thinking i have made the wrong decision with the colour !

Hi Chalky - I'll try and attach a picture of a Keswick Green - (it isn't my car, but a press/magazine pic, one of a collection of pics I built up when trying to decide what colour to go for).
I'll try and take a pic of mine today.
It reminded me of the 'Heritage' model too, which I always liked the look of (apart from the silver hinges which were a bit 'trying too hard').
Personally, I think white steels look better than silver alloys with the flat green, whereas with metallic colours like Tonga (which I don't think you can go wrong with - it would have been my second choice) alloys look good.
Same goes for the grille & light surrounds with Keswick - the flat black better than XS silver. And white roofs - they work best with non-metallics!
Ads.

PS - I don't seem to be able to upload a pic - and I don't use a photo-hosting type thingie - pm me your email, and I'll send it to you? You can upload it then if you want/can...
Post #3279 22nd Aug 2008 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1