↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > SIMEX Extreme Trekker’s - UK Availability ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nostromo

United Kingdom 
SIMEX Extreme Trekker’s - UK Availability ?

I have been reading articles on line and simex extreme trekker’s seem to enjoy universal praise as excellent mud terrain tyres, but, I can’t seem to find any retailers on line except, strangely, in New Zealand ?

I thought Simex was a big company and I'm sure I've seen the name on the wall of tyres in the past ? . . . does anyone know if the extreme trekker’s are available here in good old Blighty ?
Post #490108 8th Jan 2016 10:45pm
Andy80

England 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Cairns Blue
I was thought Devon 4x4 was a retailer, they always used to run them on there challenge trucks etc.

Maybe worth giving them a call! Working towards Carry on camping!
Post #490173 9th Jan 2016 9:45am
patric

Sweden 
Hi! silverstone mt 117 extreme are a similar tyre, I had Silverstone 35x11,5x15 and they were good in the forest but awful on the road
Post #490182 9th Jan 2016 10:30am
Nostromo

United Kingdom 
Thanks Patric,

I just looked up the Silverstones on line . . . . they look the business.

Do you know if they are remoulds or not ? . . . have to admit that one of the things that attracts me to Simex rather than say, Insa's or Malatesta's is that both the latter are remoulds. I've heard stories of sets of 4 remoulds arriving and not even being the same rolling diameter etc . .

If the Silverstones are not remoulds, are available in either 32x9.5x16" or maybe 32x10.5x16" and the price is right, then they might do me ? . . . I guess they arn't available in metric sizes ? . . at least I couldn't spot any metric silverstones during my brief look on line ?

Also worth saying I've now discovered that the Simex Extreme Trekker's (still my first choice) are available from Devon 4X4, not kept in stock, but can be specially ordered in . . . . but my oh my . . . they are very expensive ! ! . . over twice the price of Insa's ! !

So . . . . still thinking about it here ? ? ?
Post #490273 9th Jan 2016 3:33pm
patric

Sweden 
Hi! Neither Silverstone or simex is remoulds, the Others is probably remould. perhaps you can buy them here, this company will ship to uk. http://opony-4x4.pl/ and they are available in metric size Thumbs Up do not sit and drool all evening on this page Smile
Post #490295 9th Jan 2016 4:50pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I'd tend to definitely avoid remould a too. Thumbs Up
Post #490371 9th Jan 2016 7:53pm
Nostromo

United Kingdom 
Any further thoughts from anyone "in the know" on the quality of current remoulds would be much appreciated ?

I've seen the odd post here where people have said that with modern manufacturing methods remoulds can be made to quite high quality standards.

Obviously remoulds would have to meet the legal requirements for their weight and speed ratings - but its when it comes to dimensional tolerances there seems to be more criticism of remoulds - some people have commented that its all to do with the choice of donor tyre for the remoulding process - ie if two different makes of donor tyre are used then the end result might be two tyres of slightly (or some say possibly significantly) different dimensions but with the same size rating printed on the wall ?

Anyway I dont know any of the facts here, so just asking some questions ?

Exclamation
Post #490893 11th Jan 2016 10:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1