↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Engine Immobiliser Light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
steve_c3

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Engine Immobiliser Light
So my day started well at least! I now seem to have the flashing light of doom and a non-starting TD5 Neutral The red engine light with lightening bolt through it keeps coming on when trying to start it. I'm not good on the electrics front but from what I've read, it could be the AS10? Can anyone recommend a mobile auto electrician in the Camberley/Guildford/Reading area?

Neither key fobs are working to lock/unlock and when turning the ignition on, all seems fine for a moment with all correct lights and fuel pump whirring away but then the immobiliser light starts flashing and it won't turnover. Central locking does work with the key.

I don't want to get it recovered to a dealer as it would probably be cheaper to get a whole new system fitted! 2002 Defender 110 CSW TD5
Post #489021 5th Jan 2016 11:43pm
isacs

United Kingdom 
Send the ecu away to get the alarm/immobiliser written out of it. Then get a proper cat 1 alarmed installed by a professional
Post #489205 6th Jan 2016 2:30pm
shazzy90

change the batteries in the remote
Post #489481 7th Jan 2016 8:31am
steve_c3

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
My first thought was to change the batteries but it made no difference. As both fobs weren't working, I thought it might be more involved.

Interestingly though, having left it overnight, it has all started working fine again! I think it might be one of those gremlins that comes and goes and you might be right...get rid of the original and fit an aftermarket one to be sure I don't get stranded! 2002 Defender 110 CSW TD5
Post #489487 7th Jan 2016 9:20am
isacs

United Kingdom 
When i got my 90 csw td5 last year it had a fob but it didn't. Just all worked of the key. No immobiliser light flashing etc. So I'm assuming it had been an issue and the main dealer or someone with skills had written it out the ecu. I then had a pro fit a Sigma cat 1 alarm. After all the stories you hear about the "quality" of LR alarms its a no brainier for me
Post #489535 7th Jan 2016 11:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1