↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Sold] Defender 110 td5 double cab 2001 white
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
[Sold] Defender 110 td5 double cab 2001 white
Ive decided after some thought that my 110 will be going for sale through no fault of its own. Ive only ever owned Defenders and just fancy a change to something different altogether.
This has definitely been the most usable and practical one ive had, as any members who have seen it or any of my cars will confirm im a bit ocd so it really has been well looked after.
heres a copy of my ad from auto trader;

"This Land Rover Defender double cab is in perfect condition
Ive only ever owned Land Rovers and was looking out for a nice td5 to change to from my puma engined 90.
Apparently its a prototype for the land rover defender 'Black Edition' double cabs made a few months later. I cant confirm or deny this as havent done any research into it but it certainly has some interesting features on it so maybe it was?
Anyway my main reason for buying was the overall condition and the fact its higher than the xs spec and had all the toys of the time.
Since purchasing the car ive spent a lot on it and it really has wanted for nothing. Ive tried to fit the best quality parts as wanted a useable defender that was comfortable to drive daily.
Ive fitted heavy duty front springs. JW Speaker LED headlights and all LED other lighting, 18" JE Engineering 'D Type alloys', Custom raised cubby box lid for extra storage,
Melville and Moon Canvass seat covers (to protect the unique style leather seats), Heritage edition front grille, KBX colour coded headlight surrounds and wing vent,
Gwyn lewis front mudflap kit, Rear bumperettes, front receiver hitch, Enteq Snow cowl (colour coded), wing mirror covers (colour coded), heavy duty tree sliders (original sills included), heavy duty stick set and new All wheel trim Canvass hood
and much more im sure ive forgotten as well as the usual bits like full waxoyl treatment and unique security features and locks I wont mention, private plate can be included if wanted

I'd strongly recommend viewing as you wont be disappointed, all the bits can easily be removed to put back to standard as an immaculate Defender either way if thats what you prefer (you could get a lot of money back just selling the extras)

£14,995"

I can negotiate on the price slightly if bits aren't required, I wont be selling bits separately for the time though
PS. its a late 2001, 108,000 miles, recently serviced, new loom and ecu fitted along with many other bits like fuel pump. It has also just been remapped with egr valve blank and straight through mid pipe fitted. Im sure theres a lot more ive forgotten aswell.

Last edited by SailingTom on 6th Dec 2015 4:05pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #474639 20th Nov 2015 6:36pm
fathaggis

Scotland 
stunning beast Thumbs Up
good luck with it mate . one of my favorites on here .. its was just impossible to purchase it from you, god knows i tried all my tricks to get it........ Big Cry im
Post #474646 20th Nov 2015 7:13pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Haha sorry mate, must say though reckon your pleased with that lovely new 110 you have Thumbs Up
Post #474651 20th Nov 2015 7:22pm
DonH2000

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
If this is one that RCV had for sale then you have done a stunning job on it, well done.

I had a look at it at the beginning of the year, but in the end bought a 90 TDCi.

If I had the cash I'd be up there this avo! Good luck. Cheers Don.
Post #474820 21st Nov 2015 12:49pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Thats it yes I bought it from RCV who where excellent. Absolutely everything was sorted by them to give the perfect base vehicle.
This meant most of the money ive spent on it has been on the nice to have bits to make it into the most refined and easy to use defender with sensible mods that I could.
Ive got a load of spares that will also be available to the buyer or will sell separately on here after.
Its a great vehicle and opportunity for someone to get a ready to go car that has wanted for nothing and has everything included as changing away from defenders and the green oval brand alltogether. Smile
Post #474828 21st Nov 2015 1:55pm
g-mack

United Kingdom 
so what you going to get next? My 109 thread

my youtube channel
Post #474861 21st Nov 2015 3:47pm
fathaggis

Scotland 
oh you don't want to know what he is getting next Rolling Eyes Whistle a big G Censored
Post #474883 21st Nov 2015 4:53pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Laughing Nothing wrong with a G wagen! only once the 110 has gone though so no rush Thumbs Up
Post #474888 21st Nov 2015 5:03pm
Jimb1978

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 Black LE Java Black
Don't get shut of this. Where am I going to look for inspiration now? Big Cry 2002 110 td5
Post #474999 21st Nov 2015 11:58pm
Andyred90

United Kingdom 
Somebody please buy this as I keep thing that I should sell my 90 to buy Toms
!!!!

Click image to enlarge
Post #475216 22nd Nov 2015 7:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
/\ I think you should get it to go with the 90 Andy, would look a lovely pair Thumbs Up
Jim- probably still be on here anyway an my Dad's thinking of getting a heritage td5 so might be able to play with that if he gets one
Post #475227 22nd Nov 2015 7:52pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
close offers considered but please no silly ones like a couple ive had. Thanks
Post #476161 25th Nov 2015 8:38pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Wow Tom after all that work you are selling Shocked GLWTS ( mind you I can't talk Embarassed )
Post #476930 28th Nov 2015 10:05am
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Think theres something wrong with me Steve Laughing Thanks, best of luck with yours aswell Thumbs Up
Post #476976 28th Nov 2015 12:49pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Sold. First to view bought it and will be going to a nice new home, although sounds like his wife might steal it off him.
pointed him in the direction of this site Thumbs Up
Post #479612 6th Dec 2015 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>