↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > UK Adventure Deliveries
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 11 <123 ... 91011
Print this entire topic · 
doublea

Scotland 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Phoenix Orange
Mrs Doublea likes a 90 for the maneuver ability, so she has the phoenix orange 90. I like a 110 for the practicality and ride, so mine's a phoenix 110. I do like an orange defender and for me, Adventure=orange, as per the launch vehicles. It is a little conspicuous though!

I coated the chassis seams and welds with por15 and then applied dinitrol liberally inside and out of the chassis. I didn't bother protecting the mudflaps, steps, bumpers etc as I figured these will all be replaced under warranty at 3 years old .

I tend to save up warranty items until 3 years. All that has been done so far is windscreen blocks and fillet pieces below the rear quarter windows on the 90. It is showing corrosion through pinholes to the powder coat on the roof rack, but I'm holding back until it gets worse, the aim being a new rack at 3 years old. At the second service of the 110, I mentioned surface corrosion on the aluminium under body protection. Still waiting to hear back from land rover on this.

Disappointed with land rover being tight on the UK heritage. I emailed them about specifying air con and got a Censored reply about keeping it true to the original 1948! And no radio was just taking the p***. I felt it should have had leather seats, ala the previous 1999 heritage. Then prices went up and the decision was made. Effectively, Mrs Doublea got her adventure for the price of a heritage. Current Steeds:
2015 110 UW in Grasmere Green
2003 BMW F650 the Hack
2000 Elise
1992 Ducati 888 (no longer in bits, yahoo)
1990 TDR 250 (in bits again)
1988 TDR 250 (no longer in bits) and for sale
Post #709230 25th May 2018 10:34pm
APK

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
Quote:
I do like an orange defender and for me, Adventure=orange, as per the launch vehicles. It is a little conspicuous though!

For me Orange is G4. Initially it was a tough choice between the Pheonix and Corris, the Yulong is too white (I prefer Alpine on the Tdi County when it comes to white). When I saw the Pimento red show through the black detail and Corris I was sold so no regrets.

Quote:
I coated the chassis seams and welds with por15 and then applied dinitrol liberally inside and out of the chassis. I didn't bother protecting the mudflaps, steps, bumpers etc as I figured these will all be replaced under warranty at 3 years old .

Is that a given, or do you need to haggle with the LR dealer?

Quote:
I tend to save up warranty items until 3 years. All that has been done so far is windscreen blocks and fillet pieces below the rear quarter windows on the 90. It is showing corrosion through pinholes to the powder coat on the roof rack, but I'm holding back until it gets worse, the aim being a new rack at 3 years old. At the second service of the 110, I mentioned surface corrosion on the aluminium under body protection. Still waiting to hear back from land rover on this.

I got the Dinitrol treatment done by Zagato within the 1st 2 weeks of taking delivery and as instructed by him spray ACF-50 on every screw, bolt, joint and revet every 3 months. I don't have a covered garage so mine sits outside. I got the rear windows tinted for privacy, besides that everything else is stock.

I am thinking of:
(1) modular wheels and all terrains (white writing) to save the Adventure alloys when I greenlane,
(2) a momo steering wheel, and
(3) mantec spare wheel swing arm after the 3 year warranty period

Any plans for upgrades?

Parked next to a G4 at a YHA in Cornwall

Click image to enlarge

I want these tyres!
 APK

MY2016 110 Adventure Corris Grey
MY1997 110 County Station Wagon 300 Tdi Alpine White

Last edited by APK on 25th May 2018 11:50pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #709236 25th May 2018 11:34pm
APK

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
CR wrote:
What mileage have you done and what warranty work is required ?

I've done 11k and she is coming up for her 3 year service early next year.

Various bits and pieces have been pointed out and fixed during the regular service. For example, one of the 3rd row seat locks didn't clasp properly when I folded the seat back down in the first year. The latest is that the bonnet needs to be adjusted as I can see a gap even when its closed.

I figured that if I don't use it, I will find all these issues only after the warranty period is over. Laughing APK

MY2016 110 Adventure Corris Grey
MY1997 110 County Station Wagon 300 Tdi Alpine White
Post #709238 25th May 2018 11:44pm
doublea

In my experience, the warranty items at 3 years are no problem if the dealer wants the work; the secret is to find that dealer. I had an extensive list of mainly cosmetic issues with the 3 year old utility and asked the warranty man if land rover were likely to accept these. He simply replied "there is nothing here I've not seen before". Everything was rectified.

I've not modified the adventures much - gywn Lewis wheel arch liners all round, nakantenga wheel carrier on the 110 (no bodywork drilling), mantec wheel carrier on 90 (I actually prefer it because it looks "factory"), rear led indicators on both (as land rover should have done). Side runners steps on 90 (Mrs Doublea is not too tall). Glove box conversion on the 90. That's about it.

I'd like to sort out reverse cameras on both and swap cigar lighters to twin usbs. One day, I'd like to swap the roof racks for patriot or Hannibal as the expedition racks are so noisy and impractical without a deck. Finally, the 110 badly needs more power. The extra weight of the underbody protection, rearmost seats and the drag of the rack, rai and chunky tyres make it really sluggish compared with the 90 adventure and 110 utility. Current Steeds:
2003 BMW F650 the Hack
2000 Elise
Post #710388 1st Jun 2018 10:41pm
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Am I right in remembering that the adventure 90 got the 150ps upgrade but the 110 didn't?

That never seemed to make much sense to me nor JLR's decision to have no radio or air con available on the heritage, I sold mine too....

I'm a big fan of phoenix orange on the adventure, definitely the best colour. 2015 Defender 90XS HT
Post #710681 4th Jun 2018 6:14am
doublea

Yes, both 90 and 110 were priced the same. The 90 has the power upgrade and up rated clutch but the 110 has the extra seats. I reckon the 110 was better value for money, as the power upgrade can be retro installed. And if it were ever used for overland Adventure, the 110 would be the better choice (rear seats removed, of course). Current Steeds:
2003 BMW F650 the Hack
2000 Elise
Post #711581 9th Jun 2018 11:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 11 <123 ... 91011