↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > CDN 038's Niagara Grey 110 Td5... ongoing upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
Narutodono

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Looking great there. Next thing I advise is a Remap, larger intercooler, straight through stainless exhaust (i see you got rid of the middle Smile )

I had a stage 2 done on mine from a company called Twisted changed BHP from 120 to 180 Very Happy makes it alot more responsive to drive. Only thing to let it down is the damn electronic accelerator.

Loved the work you did though.

Damien
Post #657240 14th Oct 2017 12:34pm
CDN38

Canada 2000 Defender 110 Td5 SW Bonatti Grey
I did a chip upgrade a few months ago. A board member had an MSB ECU for sale with an Alive stage 1 chip for sale, so I jumped at it. Darn thing sat on my shelf for 6 months until I got round to putting it in. WOW! completely wakes up the Td5, I couldn't believe the difference. Already had the EGR blank, and as posted a while ago, did the center box delete. Not too far down the list is an uprated intercooler, and further down possibly a boost box (I am getting a little power hungry). Need to study up more on everything.

One thing I had been avoiding since fall was actually admitting to myself that every time I turned the heat on, I could smell coolant Big Cry Big Cry I knew that would most likely mean heater matrix... so I just never turned on the heat, or delisted fan. So the other day, I forgot... turned on the fan and it looked like a boiling kettle was on my dash pad. Even the 3 tab heated windscreen couldn't cope.

Well, it's that time "if it's broken...UPGRADE!" (that's my motto)

Click image to enlarge

Today my Allisport uprated heater matrix arrived (thanks Andrew!) Bulkhead seal should be in Monday, and I should have heat again by Tuesday Thumbs Up

Anybody have any feedback on the Defender Vent 2?? https://www.nakatanenga.de/en/optional-equ...nt-windows

Thinking about putting a set in to keep the side windows clear. it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40792.html
Post #666937 26th Nov 2017 5:07am
Justtellme

Canada 2003 Defender 110 Td5 SW Oslo Blue
Most reviews of those vents are lukewarm at best....sorry couldnt resist.

Cost/benefit seems mediocre at best. Most felt that by the time the engine heated things up enough for them to be useful, the interior was warm enough to have already cleared the windows. I thought about them myself, but then after reading a number of reviews decided it wasnt needed. Mileage may vary however.
Perhaps if you have a webasto, it would make a difference, or maybe with the webasto, you wouldnt need them?

Thats a pretty heater matrix. You almost need a plexiglass dash to ensure you can still see it when installed!

Patrick
Post #666953 26th Nov 2017 8:25am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Make your own for pennies, or the cost of some 1” conduit and a hole saw.

They work very well. Limited by the power of the fan, but a marked improvement for sure.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #666967 26th Nov 2017 9:53am
dorsetsmith

Or old trick from AA rub washing up liquid in j cloth and dry over worm radiator and use in your land rover side windows for demisting
Post #666984 26th Nov 2017 10:42am
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
I did the same as retroanaconda and it works well and pretty cheap. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #666987 26th Nov 2017 10:51am
CDN38

A couple years of mostly pain free enjoyment... a few things are starting to creep up on me. Every time I turn the engine off, I am getting a squeak from the belt. The tensioner is new, so it's leading me to believe it's the harmonic dampener...

And the rattling of the rear slider windows is starting to drive me crazy. Evil or Very Mad I never actually open them, so I may just fill the tracks with black silicone sealant to end the noise. It may stop some of the leaking as well. Has anyone done this before? it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #711273 7th Jun 2018 4:45pm
VeeTee

Netherlands 
Instead of using black sealant, I just replaced the rubber/felt U-channel. Relative easy job, and rattles are gone. Thumbs Up

http://www.defender2.net/forum/post310988.html#310988 Cheers, Vincent
1959 Polynorm 1/4 Ton Trailer, Olive Drab Green (sold)
1970 M416 Military Trailer (Camping Trailer Conversion), Epsom Green (sold)
1975 Series III 88 V6, Light Green (sadly sold)
1996 Defender 110 CSW 300 Tdi, Epsom Green (sold)
2000 Freelander 1 TD4 3-drs, Silver (sold)
2006 Freelander 1 TD4 5-drs Facelift Automatic, Tonga Green (sold)

MySite
Post #711289 7th Jun 2018 6:20pm
CDN38

I actually have one of these kits sitting on the shelf

http://garrisonoutfitters.com/rubber-windo...indow.html

However, with a lot of other projects on the go at the moment, I don't have time to remove the window and do the rebuild. Instead I am doing something WAY out of character Shocked and opt for the quick, cheap solution. Later once I have more time I'll go the rebuild route... or am I just plain crazy to do this? Rolling with laughter it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #711292 7th Jun 2018 6:29pm
VeeTee

Netherlands 
Actually you can replace the felt channel without renoving the windows! Read the link in my post: http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk/defender-s...placement/ Cheers, Vincent
1959 Polynorm 1/4 Ton Trailer, Olive Drab Green (sold)
1970 M416 Military Trailer (Camping Trailer Conversion), Epsom Green (sold)
1975 Series III 88 V6, Light Green (sadly sold)
1996 Defender 110 CSW 300 Tdi, Epsom Green (sold)
2000 Freelander 1 TD4 3-drs, Silver (sold)
2006 Freelander 1 TD4 5-drs Facelift Automatic, Tonga Green (sold)

MySite
Post #711297 7th Jun 2018 6:56pm
CDN38

Added a VERY important accessory to the truck today..... Very Happy Very Happy

Knolly Warden
Pike RTC3 fork, Cane Creek DB CS rear shock
1 x 11 drive train
Dropper post
Dream truck, dream bike!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #711619 9th Jun 2018 5:18pm
CDN38

WOW... over 68,000 views, and I haven't posted anything for 2 years on the build. I need to start doing something to the truck again. Laughing

Other than driving it, I haven't really done all that much. On the horizon will be soundproofing the roof and re-covering the headliner. I also have a Focal ibus that has been sitting on my shelf for probably 4 years now.. I really need to get motivated and install it. Rolling Eyes it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #867638 16th Nov 2020 1:50am
L110CDL

England 
Glad you have come back to carry on from where you left off Wink Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #867798 16th Nov 2020 9:05pm
CDN38

Not sure the budget is going to be able to be able to handle my "wants", Big Cry I think for the short term it's going to come down to a "needs only" basis. However, I'm going to be fairly active in the "In Car Electronics" section for the next while. The rear speaker panel I have been making is coming to the UK and Europe. It's been a long time coming, but for those that have been patient, it will have been worth the wait.

I have a twist to the design that has proven to be very popular, addressing a little something that has always bothered me with the cargo area of the 110.

Milestone

Stay tuned, I'll have pictures posted by the weekend! it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #868165 18th Nov 2020 6:31pm
CDN38

It's been 4 years sine I first designed and made the first rear speaker panel, and many people have expressed interest, asking how to get one. I have close to 100 clients in US and Canada, nothing but good reviews on how well the panel fits, is finished, and is such a great improvement to sound Very Happy . Yes, it comfortably fits 6 1/2" speakers. Thumbs Up That's about 3 kg's of speakers. The flimsy stock panel can't support that weight, or that size of speaker.

I have been working hard on securing a good shipping rate overseas, as the custom shipping box is 152cm long... and therefore subject to oversize additional costs Shocked At first I tried to re-create the panel out of multiple smaller pieces to fit in a smaller box. I just didn't like the result. The quality of these is exceptional, and I was not willing to sacrifice that. It's staying full size! So, I figured, make it even better....After always being frustrated at how poor the rear cargo lighting area is, and talking a cue from a client in Grenada, the LED option has been created. With just 3 LED's inset into the panel, it can be wired to the tail door switch to operate with the interior lights, and it brilliantly lights up the rear cargo area, step, and road surface (ever drop anything there while unloading in the dark?)

I have upholstered these in Grey match to the slate grey interior, Genuine Ripple Grey, black automotive leather, even Black Alcantara (Black Alston) even did a white one. What upholstery would you like?

These are now available, and hand made to order. for the UK and Europe. Complete install instructions, mounting hardware, upholstery and shipping to your door is included, (you supply the speakers though!) £465, complete. The LED option is available in warm, natural or cool white (natural white shown) also red, blue and amber. The LED option is £40 additional. Note... in the photo ONLY the LED's are on, ALL interior lights are off. (apologies for the clamp in the photo holding the panel in place Embarassed )

I'll get off my soap-box now... and move any further discussion to the ICE and the For Sale Forum.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #868485 20th Nov 2020 5:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>