↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > CDN 038's Niagara Grey 110 Td5... ongoing upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
CDN38

Canada 2000 Defender 110 Td5 SW Bonatti Grey
Nice job Funky Munk, looking forward to the pictures! it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40792.html
Post #545688 3rd Jul 2016 4:42pm
FunkyMunky

United Kingdom 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Alpine White
Cheers! Thumbs Up

Just the wheel-arch fronts to box in, seat-belts to swap and a few squirts of Sikaflex here and there. Wink

I see what you mean about the seat position/angle. While not bad, I may knock up some spacers like those Hofele parts. (not paying those silly prices! Shocked ) How much do they lift the seat front? Look to be about 1 1/2"?

Stu An "ex" is a has-been. A "spurt" is a drip under pressure. So an "expert" is a has-been drip under pressure.
Post #545718 3rd Jul 2016 6:33pm
CDN38

6 months later, and it's asllstill holding together Laughing

Now to move on to some more of the wish list. I have had a Focal bus 2.1 sub sitting on my shelf for about a year, it's time to start working on that plan. However... I need speakers in the rear first. I have been working on a design and prototypes for a rear speaker panel to get some Focal 165's up above the rear door. My plan hasn't been just to one for me that fits my truck, but actually make a universal fit for any Defender with a hardtop that has the 4 mounting points under the rear panel. The key is to get it to fit the curvature of the roof, and the mounts. It took a fair amount of testing and fidgeting with a lot of different trucks to test it out in, ensuring a proper with within the Landcover "build tolerance". Has to fit perfectly, and be easy to install, as well, it can't be some flimsy piece of bunk. I needs to hold a heavy driver, and withstand all the bumps and jars you get in the back end.

Click image to enlarge

They are made from Baltic Birch ply and professionally upholstered.I didn't want to use some cheap vinyl, so I went with an automotive synthetic leather, Colour and texture match is great. Easy to install complete with stainless hardware. I wanted to have as stock a look as possible, and increase the depth to give a bit of a larger enclosure for the speaker.

Click image to enlarge

This is the one that went into BCdefenders truck last week http://www.defender2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=559262#559262

I finally got motivated myself and ordered my Focal 165AC drivers today. Should have them in next week and be able to wire them up, I'm pretty excited to get them, as I have been conceptualizing this for well over a year. Once they are in, I want to start working on an aluminum bracket set up to mount the sub under the rear seat.

If anyone is interested in one of the rear panels, I am working with Big Dave on shipping several over to him, and then he can route them to purchasers from his place (saving on freight by shipping 4 or 5 together at 1 time to him). So if you want more info, just PM me!

I'll post some more photos of the speakers once they are in. it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #559264 27th Aug 2016 4:19am
FunkyMunky

United Kingdom 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Alpine White
Done sweet Censored all to my Landy for the last few months..... new kitchen and conservatory has taken all my time.... these look great though! PM sent. An "ex" is a has-been. A "spurt" is a drip under pressure. So an "expert" is a has-been drip under pressure.
Post #560411 31st Aug 2016 11:09pm
CDN38

Had a bit of time over the weekend and did the rear panel installation, installed the Focal 165AC's. Couldn't be happier!! The fit is spot on, installation was easy. Working with Big Dave Bow down on making these available for purchase in the UK. PM me if your interested.

Click image to enlarge

Now the bigger challenge is going to be fitting the old school Alpine V12 amp and Focal 2.0 under the rear seat, but I think it's just going to be a bit big to squeeze under there. The newer version is 40% smaller, may be a better fit. I've had the subwoofer sitting on my shelf for over a year, and I have no clue how I have been able to remain so patient and not put it in yet! Laughing It's all about planning I suppose Whistle it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #561948 6th Sep 2016 6:57pm
L110CDL

England 
Looking very professional CDN38, looks spot on Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #562272 7th Sep 2016 8:51pm
Traktor

Australia 
Following all the way from Aus! Smile
Superb dedication there sir! I love following such builds as it gives me satisfaction there are still such enthusiastic people who aren't afraid or lazy to do something RIGHT Very Happy
Post #562899 10th Sep 2016 11:26am
CDN38

Christmas in October????

Click image to enlarge
 it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #568510 3rd Oct 2016 9:19pm
CDN38

I'm giddy... but have just been too busy to put this on...hopefully I'll have a chance on the weekend.

Click image to enlarge

my renovation thread:
Post #569209 6th Oct 2016 9:14pm
CDN38

Spent a bit of time on a rainy Saturday installing the tire carrier.

The install it's self was actually quite simple. I think this is one of the first aftermarket items I have ever installed that just bolted into place like it is supposed to. Shocked

Bumper off, carrier on (after using lots of anti seize on everything. I don't want to have any issues with gauling). Spent a good chunk of time fine tuning the adjustments to get it just right. Probably had the tire on and of 3 or 4 times, just playing with the main adjusting rod, getting the wheel in tight to the door, and getting the back side of the tire tight to the arm. It performs perfectly, couldn't be happier! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Now on to what?? Hmmm... subwoofer is STILL gathering dust on my shelf... Getting rid of the stock grey carpet and making my own black carpet set for the cargo area is on the horizon. I also have a pressing urge to put some nice LED's on the back end, (I think coloured would look best on the dark grey). Any reccomendations to who's kit is best to go with?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

my renovation thread:
Post #569580 9th Oct 2016 4:00am
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Nice work CDN Cool
Post #569586 9th Oct 2016 6:25am
VeeTee

Netherlands 
CDN38 wrote:
I also have a pressing urge to put some nice LED's on the back end, (I think coloured would look best on the dark grey). Any reccomendations to who's kit is best to go with?

I have the full RDX set, side lights and clear indicators on the front, red stop/tail lights, and orange indicators at the rear.
Very pleased with these, easy to install, just plug and play, nice light output but still classic appearance. Thumbs Up

Cheers, Vincent
1959 Polynorm 1/4 Ton Trailer, Olive Drab Green (sold)
1970 M416 Military Trailer (Camping Trailer Conversion), Epsom Green (sold)
1975 Series III 88 V6, Light Green (sadly sold)
1996 Defender 110 CSW 300 Tdi, Epsom Green (sold)
2000 Freelander 1 TD4 3-drs, Silver (sold)
2006 Freelander 1 TD4 5-drs Facelift Automatic, Tonga Green (sold)

MySite
Post #569601 9th Oct 2016 8:41am
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Perei led's are bigger and better and are used by Landrover on the svx Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #569604 9th Oct 2016 9:07am
VeeTee

Netherlands 
^ Better? Don't know. Bigger? Yes - but they don't have the classic original look.
There's no accounting for taste. Thumbs Up Cheers, Vincent
1959 Polynorm 1/4 Ton Trailer, Olive Drab Green (sold)
1970 M416 Military Trailer (Camping Trailer Conversion), Epsom Green (sold)
1975 Series III 88 V6, Light Green (sadly sold)
1996 Defender 110 CSW 300 Tdi, Epsom Green (sold)
2000 Freelander 1 TD4 3-drs, Silver (sold)
2006 Freelander 1 TD4 5-drs Facelift Automatic, Tonga Green (sold)

MySite
Post #569615 9th Oct 2016 10:12am
CDN38

I'm partial to the classic appearance my self. I have been using some amazing LED bulbs form a company called Vleds http://www.vleds.com but only for the brake lights. The lenses themselves are weathered, and need replacing, so it's with er a full new LED set, or new lenses and LED bulbs. I like the idea of replacement plugs and play units as they are sealed, and there's no water ingress to worry about.

The VLED"S festoon but for the interior light is AMAZING though. It's like bright daylight inside the truck when I turn it on, by far the best interior LED bulb I have seen yet.

http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-10-led-long-...2-578.html

Also running a reverse light bulb from them, cant remember which it is, but its VERY bright. it's a Landrover thing...

my renovation thread:
Post #569717 9th Oct 2016 5:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>