↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Reprogramming an ECU
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Hi

Yes they are hard to read. But if I have a start from you it will help verify what is currently inside. Also send the cars Chassis number.

You can email me from the contact page of the web site. I'll test it free as a favor....

The immobiliser removed including testing it after that it runs the engine on my test car will be £250+postage as a forum member and not the normal £400 I normally charge.

Note.... I of course can not test your engine or related components like we can if fitted to your car and we use diagnostic tools I've spoken about..... So my test will have to be final test and any further needed MUST be done on your car.

Pete
Post #461583 8th Oct 2015 3:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RichieRich

2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
Hi Pete

My mum is posting the engine ECU overnight delivery today to the address on your website, she is going to attach a sticky label with my name and return address onto the ECU. Later today I'll email you photos, injector codes and chassis number.

Many thanks for doing the testing for free and happy to pay to take the security system out of the ECU set up to minimise any potential issues in the future.

Some of the injector codes digits are almost gone do very hard to get proper reading! I'm hoping it might be something as simple as a few digits haven't been programmed properly but think this would be extremely lucky if that's all it was causing the non start!?

How do I go about paying you? Can you send me a PayPal invoice and I'll make payment as soon as the work is done?

Thanks

Richard
Post #461770 9th Oct 2015 10:26am
bell-auto-services

Hi

No problem I'll look at I Monday.

Once done I'll enable a item on my web site shop for you to pay online.

Pete
Post #461779 9th Oct 2015 10:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jukathy

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
bell-auto-services wrote:
Just send me the engine ECU. The rest is no good without the instrument pack. I can remove it's immobiliser TOTALLY so it does not need the alarm ecu at all.
Sending the alarm ecu and key will gain nothing more than the engine ecu, so ONLY send that.

I'll fit it to a car and video the results for you with immobiliser removed ...

Okay. Puma 2.4 safety gone. It's understood. Neutral

Hope you're only going to help in such a manner if you do not doubt ownership ...
Post #462138 10th Oct 2015 8:11pm
bell-auto-services

Part of the testing ill do will be to determine the origin car of the ecu or in plane terms find out if it belongs to the car of the customer I'm helping.
Post #462146 10th Oct 2015 8:33pm
RichieRich

Jukathy, I'm not too sure if there's a way to look at every post a member has made on this forum but if there is then please look at my past posts to see the history of this car. I understand your concerns but I can assure you I have had this Land Rover for the past four years and bought it off Berkshire Land Rover before emigrating to Boa Vista, Cape Verde islands.

If you want me to pop up a link from my posts 2 years ago on this forum looking to fly over a mechanic to work on our non starting Defender I can?

Pete - my mum has sent you the ECU, postman tried to deliver it today but as there was no safe place to leave it so it has been returned to the sorting office. You should have a slip through your post box.

I also emailed you some pictures of the injector codes with the codes as a notepad attachment but the email bounced back after 24 hours?

Do you have an alternative email address I can send the images too or should I pop them up on this forum thread?

Thanks

Richard
Post #462190 10th Oct 2015 11:09pm
bell-auto-services

Thanks Richard. I'm not back on the office until Monday I've been reply to you from vacation in Tenerife.

I'll pm you another email address but PLEASE DO NOT send to it until Sunday PM as I don't want a roaming charge for the data the pictures use while I'm still here. Any time after 2pm UK time tomorrow will be fine as I'll be on the plane at 1pm.

Pete
Post #462193 10th Oct 2015 11:27pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
RichieRich wrote:
... and bought it off Berkshire Land Rover before emigrating to Boa Vista, Cape Verde islands. ....

And there, probably, is the root cause of all your problems.
Post #462413 11th Oct 2015 10:28pm
bell-auto-services

Rich,,, who is Dan do you know ?? was he the person you fly out to you ?

I see also its had a tuning attempt ? EGR still active though some mild tuning done inside the ecu.

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 12th Oct 2015 3:18pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #462553 12th Oct 2015 2:08pm
o4dn

France 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
A quick search for Rich's posts gives: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic22528.html
Post #462558 12th Oct 2015 2:41pm
bell-auto-services

Injector codes inside the ecu now are

Injector 1 F000001200000DEF
Injector 2 F0E3000F0000001C
Injector 3 F000141F001B15F5
Injector 4 F0000FFD0000F2F0

It looks like your 4th injector is wrong from what you sent me,
I have changed it to Injector 4 - F40000E8EFEF001C which I think it it from the pictures.

The software in the ecu isnt the best BUT it does run the engine, this means we are back where we was a few days ago needing diagnostics on the car its self Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Video running engine.

Please let me know your next move wish.

Kind Regards Pete
Post #462568 12th Oct 2015 3:02pm
bell-auto-services

o4dn wrote:
A quick search for Rich's posts gives: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic22528.html

Thanks for the thread link,, it explain a little of what ive found.

@ Richy Im sure Im missing something from the storey somewhere ?

The file in the ECU is not standard as per IRB first post, it does have the immobliser already removed and also still has a wrong injector code inside ??

This contradicts all what I have read in the other thread and see inside the ecu now and inidcates either someone else has been programming the ecu since IRB programmed it possibily called Dan ??

The ECU Assembly number was changed from the LandRover 7H12-12C520-BJ/K to DANS-12A650-DANS which is actually Ford NOT LandRover and is totally a made up concoction and bodge up for this ecu in an attempt to make a complete file ??

It shows to me the calibration that is inside the ecu was made by someone called Dan and was who may be re removed the immobliser after IRB overwrote it to standard factory and also wrote the 4th injector code wrong again Wink ?? Now im really confused as something does not add up here Confused

Please fill me in on anything Im not understanding correctly as I can not try and help with only a part storey.

Regards Pete
Post #462580 12th Oct 2015 3:50pm
RichieRich

Hello Pete,

Thanks for the update and it's kind of good I suppose that the ECU is working. I wasn't trying to be evasive when I first got in touch I just didn't think that what had been done previously on the car would be relevant but obviously now it is! I did mention that the ECU had been updated with latest software and I thought this might have caused some problems!

I have no idea who Dan is! IRB took the ECU back to the UK with them and updated the software and took out the immobiliser by the look of things, I got it sent back over to Boa Vista and was told if I plugged it in the car it should start which it didn't and 18 months later and am where I am which is no further forward!

I have no idea if IRB updated the software then passed it on to some else (Dan?) who removed the immobiliser component!?

IRB did mention that the ECU software was a bit strange when he first had a look on the laptop when he was on Boa Vista, chassis number the wrong way around or something and said Berkshire might have been naughty for this.

Injector 4 being wrong code I think I can understand (Cape Verde mechanic's strike back!!) when they were testing the mechanics of the engine they said that injector 4 wasn't working. This injector was one of the four that IRB installed into the Landie when he came over!! So the mechanics put one of the older injectors that did work back in and told me they had programmed in the new code so I had 4 functioning injectors. By the look of things they haven't programmed in the new code at all!!! They were using some sort of diagnostic tool that they claimed has the capabilities of programming injector codes so I'm now wondering if Dan might have something to do with this and somehow they played around with other settings?

What you suggest my next move should be?

Told you this car had history!!!
Post #462686 12th Oct 2015 8:28pm
bell-auto-services

I know you were not trying to be evasive, sorry if my post read like that.

Ill come back to your main post shortly but Ill just ask a few things so I can sumerise for you where I think best to go next and why.

1 Does your car have AC, I assume it does ?
2 Does the car AFTEr you got the ecu back crank overon its own steam , meaning does it crank from the key without any fiddeling with wires or relays ?
3 When you have the key on not cranking was the temp guage in the cold postion or in the HOT full postion ?
4 Did you with key on and not cranking again have a red oil light and an orange engine management light on ?
5 Did I read that the cylinder head has been off and refitted with new gasket or do I have this wrong ?
6 Do you have record of ANY fault codes that may have been listed from the car AFTER the ecu was refitted the second time ?

I think thats all I can think of so far.

Regards Pete
Post #462698 12th Oct 2015 8:53pm
RichieRich

Hi Pete

1. It's supposed to have AC!!
2. Yes it cranked over on its own steam
3. Cold position as far as I can remember
4. I'm sorry really can't remember but engine management light I don't think so!
5. Yes IRB changed the cylinder head gasket
6. No

Hope this helps!?

Cheers
Post #462705 12th Oct 2015 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>