↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Spectre Defenders badged "SVX"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Spectre Defenders badged "SVX"
So I saw a picture somewhere (can't think where) and I spotted in the film a couple of times that the defenders used in Spectre had proper 'SVX' badges on the rear, in the same style as the SVR Range Rover ones.

It seems to me that Land Rover wouldn't design and produce a whole new badge just to be glimpsed in a film and not even shown in publicity shots... Therefore id suggest that an SVX defender (or discovery, Range Rover too?) is in the pipeline.

Presumably not the current defender (although we'd all love that!) but the new one... So hopefully it will still be a rough and ready off-road animal in at least one variant! Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #470040 6th Nov 2015 10:57am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Nice one to start! Rolling with laughter Bow down

They could have just bought a silver Gucci style silver SVX badge or two for minimal cost from E-Bay for maximum effect. With either 8 or 9 special Astons built for the film commissioning a badge or two would have been pennies or Land Rover fell over themselves to supply them free perhaps?

Laughing If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #470045 6th Nov 2015 11:05am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Re: Spectre Defenders badged "SVX"
davidwhittaker wrote:
So I saw a picture somewhere (can't think where) and I spotted in the film a couple of times that the defenders used in Spectre had proper 'SVX' badges on the rear, in the same style as the SVR Range Rover ones.

It seems to me that Land Rover wouldn't design and produce a whole new badge just to be glimpsed in a film and not even shown in publicity shots... Therefore id suggest that an SVX defender (or discovery, Range Rover too?) is in the pipeline.

Presumably not the current defender (although we'd all love that!) but the new one... So hopefully it will still be a rough and ready off-road animal in at least one variant!

Hi David,

I think they might, actually. I met the boyfriend of a girl who works in the 'special vehicles' department and was responsible for a lot of the stuff for the film and apparently a lot of the bits and bobs considered (not necessarily used) were one offs.

When I waxed lyrical about how much I liked the Spectre version, he said the response had been hugely positive from all fans. Interestingly he asked what I liked most and I said the rope over the bonnet (sad, I know) and he said that was the item most requested!! Thumbs Up . Yes, I will be slinging one on my bonnet in the future.... Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #470048 6th Nov 2015 11:12am
Browny90

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Stornoway Grey
Quote:

I just had a quick google and found it..

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Quote:

Remember these were designed by LR SV just for the movie, i think every part would be thought about very carefully. Maybe they wanted a badge that wasnt associated with anything else but was still similar?

http://www.landrover.co.uk/bond-experience...ery-2.html My 1986 90 is currently on a full rebuild, with new chassis, Paint etc.. Very much a hybrid, TD5 Chassis, tub & bulkhead with a 200TDI and LT77 GB Painted in Stornoway Grey Smile 2 years off the road, but getting close to completion now
Post #470055 6th Nov 2015 11:23am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
The illegitimate son's partner of the cleaning lady who works nights in the factory canteen has it on good authority that everyone who owns a Defender on 20th January 2016 will be given such a badge free-gratis as a parting goodwill gesture by JLR.....apparently?

Shocked Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #470057 6th Nov 2015 11:31am
Browny90

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Stornoway Grey
Quote:
The illegitimate son's partner of the cleaning lady who works nights in the factory canteen has it on good authority that everyone who owns a Defender on 20th January 2016 will be given such a badge free-gratis as a parting goodwill gesture by JLR.....apparently?

Shocked Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I just had some great intel that this is the next bond car...

My 1986 90 is currently on a full rebuild, with new chassis, Paint etc.. Very much a hybrid, TD5 Chassis, tub & bulkhead with a 200TDI and LT77 GB Painted in Stornoway Grey Smile 2 years off the road, but getting close to completion now
Post #470060 6th Nov 2015 11:45am
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Haha nice one guys, all I'm saying is that I can certainly see the SVX badge appearing in the future...! Most likely on a defender but I guess it could be on any, kind of like how Jeep have 'trail rated' versions of their cars. ( sorry to mention that here ) Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #470100 6th Nov 2015 1:39pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Post #470401 7th Nov 2015 2:54pm
Huego

United Kingdom 
Post #470569 7th Nov 2015 11:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1