↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Contaminated fuel problems new 110 defender 2007
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I extended mine - moved it myself and then will extend it properly away from the back into the engine bay Mike
Post #2711 14th Jul 2008 4:27pm
Andrew Klimacki

United Kingdom 
The next chapter to my fuel contamination problem. Using many of the points and issues raised on this forum i wrote a detailed letter to my dealer as a result of which there was.

1. An acknowledgment that we should not have been charged for original repair of the contamination problem. Refund to be made.
2. It was most likely not filling at a garage which caused the problem but more likely water contamination from driving in the snow.
3. There is a modification to be made to reduce the knocking noise and
4. yes there is a problem with the breather pipe, modifications can be made but according to my dealer here in Belfast LR have not as yet come up with the definitive solution and there is likely in time to be a recall.

Also horrified by my fuel consumption which is 20/21 mpg and impressed with the 29/27 quoted in past posts. This would make me feel that we do have things to put right. Fuel injectors checked will be top of the agenda.
Despite the dealer here coming round to doing things under warranty I am p....d off by the lack of support and feed back from LR and the fact that it seems the customers are the ones who have to be pro-active about getting things done. The word complacent comes to mind.

I'll let you know how things turn out. Service due in August.
Andrew Klimacki
Post #2713 14th Jul 2008 4:45pm
dullbird

Australia 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Tonga Green
hello guys

if ANYONE can give me a copy of the service bulletin i WOULD REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT

our defender 10,000ks is in and its recked water in the fuel over 6 and a half thousand dollars to fix, we have notified the dealer of the breather problem but unless we can produce a serive bulletin which we have not been able to locate on the gtr website we have no grounds for a claim

it would be of substanial benefit to us and our fight to get this done under warrenty if someone could give us some paper evidence

thank to you all for this thread

regards

louise YOU KNOW REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!
Post #2721 15th Jul 2008 4:11am
Andrew Klimacki

United Kingdom 
Louise

I'll try to make a few phone calls here in Northern Ireland to see what i can come up with. But may take a bit of time. Service bulletins or no (and i bet they exist) it might still be worth showing your dealer the comments made on this thread which now covers a wide enough geographic spread and number of cases to warrant, i would have thought, some sort of attention.

Andrew Klimacki
Post #2722 15th Jul 2008 7:50am
dullbird

Andrew Klimacki wrote:
Louise

I'll try to make a few phone calls here in Northern Ireland to see what i can come up with. But may take a bit of time. Service bulletins or no (and i bet they exist) it might still be worth showing your dealer the comments made on this thread which now covers a wide enough geographic spread and number of cases to warrant, i would have thought, some sort of attention.

Andrew Klimacki

mate we have already done that not just from this thread but from others......its the proof that this has been done under warrenty work is what we need YOU KNOW REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!
Post #2724 15th Jul 2008 8:16am
mse

dullbird wrote:
Andrew Klimacki wrote:
Louise

Andrew Klimacki

mate we have already done that not just from this thread but from others......its the proof that this has been done under warrenty work is what we need

Have you telephone LR? Mike
Post #2745 15th Jul 2008 6:25pm
dullbird

mse wrote:
dullbird wrote:
Andrew Klimacki wrote:
Louise

Andrew Klimacki

mate we have already done that not just from this thread but from others......its the proof that this has been done under warrenty work is what we need

Have you telephone LR?

the dealer is....... YOU KNOW REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!
Post #2760 15th Jul 2008 11:34pm
mse

If you are happy with the dealer doing this... Mike
Post #2761 15th Jul 2008 11:51pm
Andrew Klimacki

United Kingdom 
For 'dullbird' Some contact details for you.

1. BLRC
88 Listooder Road
Saintfield
County Down BT24 7JX

Tel; 0044 28 9751 1763

An independent local LR enthusiasts garage. Know their stuff and know their Landrovers.

2. Charles Hurst Belfast 0044 28 9038 1721
Main LR dealer for NI

togethere with

3. TP Topping
6-12 Dublin Road
ENNISKILLEN
BT74 6HL
Telephone 0044 28 6632 3475

Main dealership for the western side of Northern Ireland. May find them quite helpful.

With regard to me comments regarding the use of chassis numbers on the LR data base to check on warranty work, not sure if any of these guys will supply chassis numbers to you. That may have to come from private individuals.

Andrew Klimacki
Post #2762 16th Jul 2008 9:07am
dullbird

thanks for the addresses

we will give them a call and have a chat with them YOU KNOW REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!
Post #2763 16th Jul 2008 9:15am
one_iota

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
I've been following this issue and Louise and Ian's tribulations and am a little puzzled by a few things and throw a few thoughts into this mosh pit:

The cause might be the location of the breather or bad fuel supply either way with modern common rail systems the outcome is the same.

The Disco has a two stage filtering system with a sedimenter that can be drained and a "final filter".

The Puma engined Ford transit van has a water in fuel sensor on the filter that alerts the driver that the filter bowl needs draining.

What is the filtering system in the Defender?

What make is the Filter?

Could the Defender Filter be replaced with a Lucas Cav Filter with a glass bowl and a water sensor added.

Could a water separator be added? Mahn
'08 Defender 110
ex '95 Disco 300 Tdi
www.aulro.com
Post #2783 17th Jul 2008 11:40am
dullbird

one_iota wrote:
I've been following this issue and Louise and Ian's tribulations and am a little puzzled by a few things and throw a few thoughts into this mosh pit:

The cause might be the location of the breather or bad fuel supply either way with modern common rail systems the outcome is the same.

The Disco has a two stage filtering system with a sedimenter that can be drained and a "final filter".

The Puma engined Ford transit van has a water in fuel sensor on the filter that alerts the driver that the filter bowl needs draining.

What is the filtering system in the Defender?

What make is the Filter?

Could the Defender Filter be replaced with a
Quote:
Lucas Cav Filter with a glass bowl
and a water sensor added.

Could a water separator be added?

hey mahn we got one fo these on order..........through oppositelock.

not bloody going through this again Sad YOU KNOW REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!
Post #2784 17th Jul 2008 12:56pm
mse

Re: Contaiminated fuel probs.... anti-stall
nebotigger wrote:
shame about the stupid engine management that takes over your idle speed in low range (anti-stall??)….. who ever thought that one up does need a good slap…… and clearly could not drive, and or use a clutch properly-it’s utterly pointless and would love to get rid of that feature. Otherwise completely satisfied…..except the percentage of fuel tax we pay….but that’s another story that I won’t win!

happy landrovering days.......

simon

Im going to seriously disagree - Anti-stall is one of its best features - if you know how to drive off road it is a tool that is very useful.

Use of the clutch does not do what anti-stall does nor should you slip it to achieve this.

Just before i get acused of not being able to drive, Advanced driving, police driving course through my dad/old boss who was a retired c.inspector, defensive driving, off road driving courses (through LR) and im a pilot. Mike
Post #2789 17th Jul 2008 10:55pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
I second that, off-road anti-stall is really great. Also good for hill starts with no handbrake and crawling in slow traffic too. Andy
Post #2792 17th Jul 2008 11:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
solmanic

Australia 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I love anti-stall, especially for climbing high kerbs to get at those hard-to-reach parking spaces down the shops Cool 2007 Defender 110
1970 Alfa Romeo 1750GTV
Post #2799 18th Jul 2008 2:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>