↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Clutch Parts List
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
HMARR

Clutch Parts List
Hi all,
My Puma has traveled 103,000 kms and I can feel the clutch starting to slip. The local dealers in NZ quoted me 3700 NZD (1550 pounds!) to replace the clutch. Looking around online, it seems the cheapest just to buy the clutch replacement kit from the UK and get it posted over. So - I was going to order a genuine LR replacement from LR Direct. Part number LR048731

I was also going to get
Slave Cylinder
Clutch Release Bearing
Flow Restrictor Valve

As it takes a couple of weeks to get everything posted to New Zealand, I want to be sure I get the order right. Is there anything else I should replace / buy at the same time as i've got the bell housing in pieces?

also - does anyone have a view on whether the genuine LR clutch kit is good enough/strong enough? Or should I be upgrading? (I have the BAS tune, Alisport intercooler, decat downpipe) I believe the Land Rover genuine one has been superseded a couple of times now and is now better suited ...?

Sorry if there are already threads that discuss these things, however the ones I could find were a bit old and I thought there might be a new view on the LR Genuine clutch part since they have changed it...
Cheers
Hamish
Post #448600 24th Aug 2015 4:28am
theorangebandit

I cant recommend giving Truckfix uk a call. They made me a new friction plate and its far superior to the land rover part.

http://truckfixclutches.com/

Call and ask for Ben. He'll see you put right. He'll build your clutch out of anything you like too. Most importantly the springs in the plate are uprated, meaning they should never rattle.

As for the other components. I haven't got parts numbers but, I did need to buy new T piece for the concentric clutch as it had been superseded. Might be worth seeing if you'll need those parts. I was lucky I'm 15 minutes from my local supplier. Perhaps put some calls out to uk suppliers they may put a package together for you
Post #448609 24th Aug 2015 7:10am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Orange Bandit, great 'top tip'. Buying my spare clutch parts next week (have the 2.2 rattle) and was considering the new uprated 150bhp clutch, but that comes in at a whopping 450€. So will give Ben a call.

One question 'out there' for all mechanically minded types, obviously I would expect the springs to be upgraded, but if Ben can do whatever I want and in whatever material, within reason can anyone suggest what I should be asking for? Metal type, thickness, any other tips, etc etc?

Much obliged Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #448629 24th Aug 2015 8:53am
Rakthi

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Stornoway Grey
This is the list of parts I ordered when I had the clutch replaced (24,000 kms - dreaded clutch rattle getting worse and worse). I suggest you also order a new slave cylinder since that one is now inside the bell housing.

Since, like you, I'm rather far away from the source, and because the LR mechanic that had worked on the car before, to replace the leaking slave cylinder, succeeded in messing up the connectors of the hoses at the damper causing a small annoying leak of break oil. I just ordered every piece including new screws and washers.

I even ordered extra bolts because they came in 2 sizes and didn't know which ones were needed. ( 6 x URC000030 and 6 x LR030000 )

The mechanic used all the new parts and bolts - I got the longer ones returned. No more leak and no more rattle.

1 x STH500060, CLUTCH HOSE ASSY DEF 07>

1 x LR048731, KIT - CLUTCH REPAIR

6 x URC000030, BOLT M8 X 13MM FLANGED HEAD BLACK

6 x LR030000, BOLT M8 X 16MM FLANGED HEAD

1 x LR004390, SPIGOT BUSH DIESEL DEFENDER 7A>

3 x UYP500070, SCREW

1 x LR052128, CYLINDER-CLUTCH SLAVE

2 x WF600071L, WASHER SPRING CLUTCH JUMP HOSE DEFENDER

1 x NT607042, NUT - FLANGED

1 x STD500020, CLUTCH DAMPER ASSY DEF 2007>

1 x LR031188, CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER ADAPTOR DEFENDER 2007>

1 x UUG500040, VALVE ASSY - CONTROL DEFENDER 2007 >

Order Total: £527.37 (from Britcar.com)

Yup, the job was supposed to be a warranty item, but after the "great" experience at the official LR garage in Penang (No longer official LR since beginning this month) I decide to pay for it myself and have the work done by an independent mechanic who knew what he was doing.

Stephan
Post #448695 24th Aug 2015 2:38pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Rakthi, that is really good of you. That's why I love this forum, the effort people make for other members in their own time. Many thanks.... Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #448726 24th Aug 2015 4:23pm
HMARR

Thanks Rakthi - that's really helpful posting that list. Appreciate your efforts.
Post #448869 24th Aug 2015 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1