↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > 130 > Whats it worth ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rosso_NI

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 110 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Galway Green
Whats it worth ?
I am considering selling my 130 but due to the fact that its a bespoke vehicle i have no idea where to pitch it price wise, i have a rough idea what it stands me in terms of parts but could never take into account the man hours spent on it.

Would probably be best if i pushed to get it MOTd and sell as an unfinished project. Does run and drive at the minute.

2003 Defender 130 TD5 Double Cab hi capacity pick up
Clocks indicate 80k miles but not gaurantee if original clocks or mileage
Now fitted with a Rover 4.2V8 stripped and top end rebuild plus Piper Hi Torque camshaft (£1000 in parts alone)
Automatic ZF gearbox out of a RR classic
Upgraded TDCI seats front and rear (front are heated but not wired)
Bilstien shocks x3 1 front had to be swapped out
BFG 285 75 R16 tyres MTs
Galvanised winch bumper plus Superwinch Husky winch needs overhauled
Heavy duty steering guard
Driver side has TDCI newer type doors
Bulkhead is good usual surface rust around bottom of pedal boxes etc nothing major.
Chassis does not require any welding rear section was rust treated painted with Red oxide then stone chipped when rear body was swapped
A few other little upgrades braided brake flexi galvanised bits etc. and a clatter of spares.

Please let me know your thoughts and dont worry i will not be offended i just need to get some idea what its realistically worth to the right person on the right day.

Thanks in advance

Build thread link is here

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic28714-45.html 1993 Defender 110 Ex Military soft top, with a long wishlist already

Last edited by Rosso_NI on 19th Jul 2015 8:19am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #438828 19th Jul 2015 7:50am
Rosso_NI

To add to the above at the moment i just dont have the time for this project, have a few debts that need settled etc. Caught up in living life Whistle

This is what still realistically needs done apart from obvious cosmetic re spray

There is some wiring that needs resolved for the clocks speedo etc. i am looking to change to older annalog clocks to resolve this get some manual senders etc for speedo.
Rear body tub needs wired
Passenger rear door needs replaced its falling to bits
Swivel ball seals, bearings, brakes etc could all do with an overhaul
Was planning on swapping out transfer box to a discovery one for better gearing for the V8
Plenty of other little refurb tidying up jobs as you would expect on a Defender

The bulk or the heavy work has been done compared to where this 130 started off just needs some fine tuning and someone with a bit more time than myself

I have plenty of photos of the work that has been done. Hope this can help with trying to put some sort of value towards it.

Not sure if this would be within forum rules or not but if you have an interest in this project please PM me to discuss further.

Many thanks Thumbs Up 1993 Defender 110 Ex Military soft top, with a long wishlist already
Post #438831 19th Jul 2015 8:12am
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Post #438875 19th Jul 2015 11:18am
Rosso_NI

Nobody any idea ?

Ok i will throw a value out to see what the response is..... is it woth £6000 ? 1993 Defender 110 Ex Military soft top, with a long wishlist already
Post #439464 21st Jul 2015 10:24pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
If you sell now, I'm sure you'll lose a stack. Stick with it, if you have debts to settle tighten your belts in other areas and forget about the 130.... Shelve it and focus on other stuff for a while.
Post #439467 21st Jul 2015 10:34pm
Rosso_NI

Sound advice Greeni one of those things you always look to get rid of whats disposable, but its also due to no time and lack of interest at the minute

Love hate relationship we all know how it is Thumbs Up 1993 Defender 110 Ex Military soft top, with a long wishlist already
Post #439470 21st Jul 2015 10:39pm
Rosso_NI

OK some of you will be glad to hear that i have decided to keep the 130 and push to get it MOTd before the end of the year. Will run it for a year then look to cary out cosmetic restoration and respray in a years time.

I Appreciate all your positive comments and in particular one forum members PMs showing initial interest in purchasing, followed by alot of positivity and encouagement for me to push on and finish the project.

Many thanks to all hope to update build thread soon Thumbs Up 1993 Defender 110 Ex Military soft top, with a long wishlist already
Post #442367 2nd Aug 2015 9:02am
walfy

I am in the same situation. I have a 90 TC stored at the moment. Converted to 300 auto, full cage, challenge wings, twin winches, twin lockers blah blah blah. Fully kitted up. I took it off the road for some minor maint, which I completed slowly. But have never found the inclination to put it back on the road. Now sits in the corner of the garage.
But like you, I've put so much into it and I know I'd not get much of it back, I'm hesitant to sell. I know I have to but just can't seem to make the push to sell 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #442378 2nd Aug 2015 10:04am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Great news. Keep the forum posts coming and the encouragement will follow suit Thumbs Up 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #442445 2nd Aug 2015 5:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1