Home > In Car Electronics > Best place to fit my Skytag
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Hairysteve

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Barolo Black
Best place to fit my Skytag
Morning Smile

Working on the principle that I am somewhat anonymous here, would any of the experienced wiring type folks Bow down be willing to send me some private PM's to suggest the best places to securely house the unit? The requirements are that I need one live 12v and another 12v that connects to the ignition.

Cheers

Steve
Post #437017 11th Jul 2015 6:31am
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
Mine doesn't have an ignition live?
Post #437039 11th Jul 2015 10:17am
Hairysteve

Mmm, for live view the instructions said that the green wire needs to be connected to a separate ignition fed live to enable indication of ignition status. Neutral
Post #437045 11th Jul 2015 11:37am
RustyM

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Not sure I would want any advice, is anyone truly anonymous Question

My advice is just this. The harder it was for you to get to the location you fitted it the harder it will be to get to it to disable it Exclamation 90 & Wolf
110 XS
Previously owned SI SII SIIa SIII & Light weight (air portable)
Post #437067 11th Jul 2015 3:17pm
nitram17

I dont think i would be two worried about a crim trying to get my location from my email as it sounds like to much hard work and easier pickings are to be made! However i would not put it past someone to log on here and ask for info!...sorry hairy but you only joined in june and there aint no pics of your defender in the gallery..no offence Hairy but the paranoid folk on here are getting to me! Laughing I know its not comforting but hardened theives nicking to order will have tracker blockers and will know all the the hideholes that our clever folk on here think are unique!
Post #437069 11th Jul 2015 4:00pm
Hairysteve

Valid points raised there Nitram 17, I am new to the whole LR experience as have only had my 110 for 3 weeks now and so am looking for help where I can find it Razz and at this moment am going through the electrical schematic to get an idea WTF I am trying to do when connecting the Skytag which arrived yesterday so that i can have multiple security layers. Even though working my hands to get Censored done is new to me I have got to admit I am thoroughly enjoying myself doing so and will continue to borrow/learn from all great ideas on the forum Bow down

Will def put some pics of here later today Thumbs Up
Post #437075 11th Jul 2015 4:43pm
nitram17

Some folk on here are very paranoid about shareing information with others about security and location and sometimes they might be right but its my opinion that the more anti theft information that is out there the less trucks will be stolen..... i have a pedal lock a battery cut off switch a snap off wheel and a couple of remote battery powered alarms one in the engine bay and one connected to the pedal lock and a couple of other things that i cannot divulge as i promised a kind member on here i would not pass on his advice!At the end of the day if they want it and have time they will get it..........i am a 10 month old defender owner now and the bloody fear of theft has slightly reduced but not by much..looking forward to the pics hairy ! oh i forgot smart water !

Last edited by nitram17 on 6th Sep 2015 3:41pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #437086 11th Jul 2015 5:48pm
nitram17

Hairysteve wrote:
Valid points raised there Nitram 17, I am new to the whole LR experience as have only had my 110 for 3 weeks now and so am looking for help where I can find it Razz and at this moment am going through the electrical schematic to get an idea WTF I am trying to do when connecting the Skytag which arrived yesterday so that i can have multiple security layers. Even though working my hands to get Censored done is new to me I have got to admit I am thoroughly enjoying myself doing so and will continue to borrow/learn from all great ideas on the forum Bow down

Will def put some pics of here later today Thumbs Up

seen your pics hairy is that java black or santorini?If you dont mind me asking why did you go with skytag?
Post #437087 11th Jul 2015 5:56pm
Hairysteve

That is a good question, the V5 and paperwork that came with it from LR say it is black but I think it is Santorini as it looks more metallic.
Post #437090 11th Jul 2015 6:16pm
Hairysteve

Sorry, missed the other question around why the Skytag. To be honest I read some of the forum data and the noticed that there were a few people ordering them so looked on the web for some info and felt it was defenitly better than not having an extra level of security and as I am spending a small fortune on making her meet my families needs I don't want to give any thieving person a soft target.
Post #437094 11th Jul 2015 6:22pm
nitram17

Hairysteve wrote:
That is a good question, the V5 and paperwork that came with it from LR say it is black but I think it is Santorini as it looks more metallic.

if its santi it will have green speckles visible in the black in sunlight! im torn between the skytag and the cobra track as the cobra track has more features (jamm alert and it will inform you if its moved )but at £650 to fit with a 5 year sub my only concern is that the cobra tracker only has a 3 year guarentee so you pay for two year extra and it might break down!I wonder what the quality of the service is with skytag and cobra so lets see if anybody on here has any experience of reporting a nicked truck with either fitted and morover is willing to comment!
Post #437096 11th Jul 2015 6:30pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Mines fitted in the spare tyre, no one knows it's there. Whistle
Post #437163 11th Jul 2015 11:32pm
Yannis

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Corris Grey
I have just brought myself a tracker. Would anyone be kind enough to PM me a few installation locations?
Post #594734 20th Jan 2017 3:15pm
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
custom90steve wrote:
Mines fitted in the spare tyre, no one knows it's there. Whistle

Censored ...That's where I put mine too Thumbs Up
Post #594818 20th Jan 2017 8:55pm
Chopperone

United Kingdom 
Surely not posting a picture of your LR has to be one of the first steps in ensuring that it remains in your custody, however, disappointing that is to all of us as genuine enthusiasts.
A real shame.
Guy May your life be like toilet paper ; long & useful.
Post #594856 20th Jan 2017 10:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>