↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > ZU's / Mach 5's / Terrafirma's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I don't really want to void my warrenty.
Post #38434 18th Aug 2010 9:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
BigRuss wrote:
I don't really want to void my warrenty.

By what? Changing the wheels! I think not! Sorry if my last post shocked you....It was the road test not the warranty work they refused to do! (Read it again).

Keep it as standard for three years (or the remaining term outstanding) then if it's complete peace of mind you're after! 'Never a faint heart' and all that....

In mitigation just have a wander through the photo galleries and threads and see the modifications carried out, most people (myself included) still get warranty work carried out no problems!

BigSteve or rather BigFootSteve is in a league all of his own. Bow down Love the wheels Steve more Tonka Toy looking than I can ever hope to achieve.

From your first post.....

BigRuss wrote:
People I'm at a cross roads......

Whistle No need to do a complete about turn though surely? Whistle

Quite a change of heart if you're thinking of changing your mind! I've not had any problems and that included inner front nearside seal replacement, side step/runners replaced, various other bits 'n' bobs all under warranty with Mach 5s fitted!

Question Question If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #38436 18th Aug 2010 10:29am
BigRuss

Sorry for the confusion, nor do I want garages to refuse to work on the 110. what I mean is I don't want to go so big as 305 if it causes a problem. I have no issue change the tyre size or the wheels to a 255, 265 or a 285. I have already discussed a suspension change with the dealer which is fine.
Post #38438 18th Aug 2010 10:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

Do as I have done...keep the originals as back up...a quiet word with your local dealer workshop manager should clarify what you may or may not have to do!

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #38442 18th Aug 2010 12:25pm
BigRuss

I will be keeping the boosts as a spare set,
Post #38444 18th Aug 2010 12:36pm
K9F

Good news BigRuss,

Does that mean we (me really) can get back to spending your money??? Hope so! Devon's still got them wheels ya know! Now we've highlighted them they may well go....No pressure!

I just love spending other people's money, Fekete can vouch for that!!! Then again he never needs much persuading!!

Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #38452 18th Aug 2010 1:48pm
BigRuss

Well yes/no I think I need to try and negotiate a price for the lot. Or see if I can get Hold of any gen 2's.
Post #38460 18th Aug 2010 2:03pm
K9F

BigRuss wrote:
Well yes/no

I too used to be 100% sure! I think I still am! On reflection I may not be 100% anymore. In fact maybe not! No! I'm definately not! Well, a little bit anyway.....

BigRuss don't go making any life changing decisions at the moment will you! Laughing

Also please cross the road at designated crossings! Wouldn't want you to misjudge the gap in the traffic! Yes! No! Aaaargghhhh!!! Laughing If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #38464 18th Aug 2010 3:34pm
discocuzzy

England 
BigRuss wrote:
Interesting,

I was reading 2 lro's last night and there were two pumas both rolling on 305's and I think 16 x 8 staun wheels.

One of those vehicles was sonics....i am running the same tyres (Mickey thompson ATZ 305s) on 16x8 with no problems Thumbs Up
What i will say is the ride is better on 265 or 285s as the steering damper will need to be uprated when running the larger tyres Thumbs Up

I have also had warrenty work done with the wheels on Thumbs Up

You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #38466 18th Aug 2010 3:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234