Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Interesting Week!
Thought I'd share this with you......

Been 'off the radar' for a while.....

After a prolonged time of study I at nearly half a century old have just completed all my domestic electrical retraining courses including 17th Edition and Inspection and Testing in preparation to leave the Forces. It was the most stressful and arduous course I have ever done culminating in me saying to the tutor on Wednesday "I think I have more chance of getting a w*** off the Pope than I have of passing this course!" I also thought his teaching style was rubbish and felt more than once like punching him into October! Laughing

2 hour practical exam thursday (Which I passed) followed by a two and a half hour written exam Friday (Which I think I passed) I am now feeling guilty about what I wrote in my post course critique!

Do I?

A) Phone the centre and tell them to place my critique in the bin!

or

B) Stick to my guns explaining how he should be given his P45 and his marching orders immediately!

Yesterday I went into hospital to have a cartiledge 'cut and flush' operation on my left knee (which is now the size of a zeppelin) had to shave my hairy appendage above the bandage so I could get a good seal with gaffa tape and a 'posh carrier bag' to get in the shower ('Posh bag' explained further on). Realised quickly that I was so glad I'm not a chick as it would cost me a friggin fortune to get rid of all my woolly mammoth hair in razor blades (want to come back as a chick next time round though - I'd be a right slapper I know it!).

My missus bless her stopped me using the carrier bag I was going to use to go into hospital for my bits and bobs as she didn't want anyone knowing we shopped in Lidl???? Co-Op bag was ok though! Sometimes she does remind me of Hyacinth Bouquet from Keeping Up Appearances. Laughing

Sat at home now with three weeks on the sick followed by a week holiday. Need to build enough strength up to operate my clutch....nothing else matters!!!!!

Sorry if I've bored anyone! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!

Last edited by K9F on 8th Aug 2010 9:28am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #37749 8th Aug 2010 9:06am
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I've got my BS7671 exam this friday!
Post #37750 8th Aug 2010 9:12am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Diesel good luck....Get the 'Exam Success' book that accompanies the core subject....Well worth the money and remember...

Zs = Ze + R1 + R2 Laughing

Felt like I was in a tumble dryer with a load of facts, figures and formulas that I didn't really understand. All clicked into place eventually.

Good luck..... Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #37751 8th Aug 2010 9:16am
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
All I can say on ths matter is that there a 3 types of people

1. Practical people that are fantastic with all the practical stuff but fall to pieces with the academic stuff.

2.Academic people that fall to pieces with the practical stuf.

3. lastly the inbetweeners.

I would say as like myself you are in the Practical class of people as you passed the practical n problem.

I some how managed to scrape throught 4 years of uni, I don't come out with very good marks 2 years ago but managed to get a my first job in the oil industustry (hence living in aberdeen) as a cotractor two weeks before I even finished uni and monthes before all my mate got a job. All beacuse I could sit down in "the real world" and not panic because I could use my head.

Hopes this puts you at ease.

Russell
Post #37755 8th Aug 2010 10:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mad Cow

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Zermatt Silver
Just remember a pass is still a pass!

Most of my O'levels were grade C

My A levels were a D and an E (both pass marks in those days).

I got a Third Class honours degree at Uni

I did a graduate diploma in purchasing a few years back, 13 modules and 10 were "passes", not sure what went wrong with the two "credits" and one "distinction" (Oh yes they were the bits I was interested in) Wink

And after a bit of a career swerve, four years ago I have just passed my Diploma in Health Emergency Planning after having to resubmit two of the four papers. And one of my first passes was described as "borderline".

So just scraping through seems to work OK Mr. Green

Mind you it is a sad state of affairs when having the right piece of paper means more than years of experience Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah, having been a part time lecturer and training officer in the past, let the feedback stand.

The fact he is still teaching (badly) might be because nobody wanted to tell him! MAD COW

2007 90 Hard Top - 2009 BMW F800GS - 2002 CCM 604E Dual Sport

Project90
Post #37846 10th Aug 2010 1:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1