↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > fuses
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
So I definitely had the ultra gauge go blank for a moment the other day and suspect I've seen go blank several times previously?

I reckon the battery is fine but several times the ultra gauge has had an alarm on start up to say low battery?

Last night I had a good fiddle with work under the drivers seat taking fuses out cleaning etc making sure everything was pushed home etc....

Anyhow tonight after four journeys today I started up and not only was the ultra gauge blank for a moment but then it did a search / detecting gauges.......dont ever recall it doing that other than for the first install...Any thoughts?
Post #429808 9th Jun 2015 8:15pm
munch90

England 
Tdci defenders seem to take a lot of amps to turn over , i found i could get a low alarm on the battery monitor but engine still turned over fine , fitted new bigger battery ( had to alter battery tray to get it in and never done it again , also i dont use the glowplugs at all ( fitted switch to turn off glowplug relay ) , just to lower battery load at starting
Post #429811 9th Jun 2015 8:24pm
Caterham

So I definitely had the ultra gauge go blank for a moment the other day and suspect I've seen go blank several times previously?

I reckon the battery is fine but several times the ultra gauge has had an alarm on start up to say low battery?

Last night I had a good fiddle with work under the drivers seat taking fuses out cleaning etc making sure everything was pushed home etc....

Anyhow tonight after four journeys today I started up and not only was the ultra gauge blank for a moment but then it did a search / detecting gauges.......dont ever recall it doing that other than for the first install...Any thoughts?
Post #429812 9th Jun 2015 8:28pm
Caterham

P'd off to.say the f-in least. The battery terminal is well loose ......How didn't I notice this because Big Cry
Post #429816 9th Jun 2015 8:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12