↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Masai Tree Sliders
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Masai Tree Sliders
My standard XS steps are shot as expected, debating what to replace them with. I want to do it properly, id rather pay a bit more now and solve the problem once and for all.

Anyway i was planning to just get some good quality side steps in the usual style, either stainless or galv'd & powder coat, but i also saw these:

http://www.masai4x4.com/defender/tree-slid...ory=821985

My slight worry is about the quality of finish. Is there an obvious 'gap' where the sill has been removed, does anyone know? I couldn't find any pics of them fitted to a 110.

Also not sure how a defender 110 looks with sills removed and the 'steps' (i.e. the rock sliders) relocated higher. I quite the standard look, but like the look of the above product.

Masai also do normal steps, are they any good do we know? They say galv'd and powder coated, and make a big deal of the quality.

Cheers Thumbs Up Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #419252 26th Apr 2015 8:04pm
landyman40

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Zermatt Silver
Ive just removed my XS side steps as they had rotted from the inside. After much decision I have changed back to traditional fold up steps . I know they are boring but they work well. Bought 4 if I dare say it Britpart steps for Ł100 ish pounds from Paddocks and coated them in several coats of paint and jobs a goodun .Everyone in the family uses them as they are steps. defender Td5 110xs
Freelander 2 Td4e GS
Post #419265 26th Apr 2015 8:30pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
I made my own rock/tree sliders which fit at cill height but, even with standard suspension it is still a tadge high to get in comfortably so I cut down my old folding side steps after straightening them out, welded some uprights to them and now they fit between the main slider and the tree 'outriggers' and are pinched up with a nut and bolt to keep them in place and stop them rattling. Yes the engineering is a bit agricultural but they work really well.
Post #419272 26th Apr 2015 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1