↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > Gap Insurance??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Cuthbert

Gap Insurance - another wheeze from those seeking yet another income stream. I've never bothered with it - sales chap told me the commission was very good for his pocket.

As for the product .... how many insurance products do you need in life?

Personally I've never bothered with this product or the one for flat tyres or the one for stained seats or the one for 'if it's a wet Wednesday in Leeds'.
Post #402222 25th Feb 2015 10:26pm
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
bob neville wrote:
I switched to NFU a couple of years back as I was fed up with Flux increasing my insurance every year by an exorbitant amount.

NFU were far cheaper, did a good deal when I purchased the TD5 (double policy), two year full replacement cost when I switched from the DC to a new 90 and they don't increase my premium by silly money every year.

I am sure others will give you tales of doom and gloom about NFU but my experience with them has only positive.

Bob

Totally agree Bob, I'm sure you can get cheaper quotes, but its when you need them to payout that you find how good they are.

My TD5 is with NFU and they are not only very competitively priced, but also had no problem with winch, roll-cage, and a number of other add-ons. They also paid out very quickly and fairly when one of my previous Defenders was stolen and my D3 was taken too.

Great service from our local NFU agent.

cheers

simon
Post #402252 25th Feb 2015 11:17pm
Enid_Puceflange

Scotland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Baltic Blue
That's super expensive for gap
We offer rti gap for £399 with max payout of £25k (I work in a main dealer) and for the likes
Of FFRR or RRS it's only a couple of hundred quid more for an £80-100k vehicle!!

Also, he shouldn't be recommending it, that's against Fca legislation. If he is trying to ram it down your
throat he can lose his certification to "offer" insurance products and his job.

It will cost his dealership in the region of £250 for gap cover for a Defender. The rest is profit. Wink

It's a good product, but his is very expensive

G My confidence has been writing cheques that my abilities can't cash for years.
Post #402269 25th Feb 2015 11:46pm
NickMc

Northern Ireland 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Another vote for NFU can be a tiny bit dearer, but when you have a problem they're excellent and you speak to someone local, if you want to change details, add a driver, swap to a loan car or need another copy they don't charge you either most of them time for those "extras" others do.
Post #402272 26th Feb 2015 12:00am
JJ

United Kingdom 1987 Defender 110 V8 Petrol CSW Corris Grey
We also sell gap insurance for £289 for 10k cover for 3 years or £189 for £5k cover for 3 years so your offer is a bit steep.

Gap is a good product at the right price.

As for the NFU they offer what is probably the best service if you need to claim ( they are excellent ) . If you want cheap basic cover then there are lots of options and you take your chance, that is the insurance gamble.
Post #402292 26th Feb 2015 8:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
munch90

England 
wasn't there a report on some or most gap insurances that there a waste of money by watchdog or someone a while ago and dealers push them for they commission

much like the ppi thing
Post #402293 26th Feb 2015 9:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12