↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Conwy Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Higgers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Conwy Land Rover
Well, first service done today and very pleased. Highly recommend Conwy. They even video the service to show me what they'd done, very impressed. To top it off, my courtesy car was.........

A Bowler Defender Challenge 90 Mr. Green wow, why on earth they don't come with the extra power as standard I don't know.
Post #401449 23rd Feb 2015 6:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Second that. When I had problems on holiday they gave me free help and advice. 
Post #401454 23rd Feb 2015 6:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Never had any problems whatsoever with Conwy Land Rovers who at times have gone to exceptional lengths to give good service.
But then they are Welsh and that means a lot Very Happy For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #401492 23rd Feb 2015 8:15pm
Lambley

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Java Black
I'm glad you all had a good experience at Conwy, mine was dreadful.

I bought a Disco 4 last August, to cut a long story short, the salesman was hopeless, didn't call me back once I'd paid the deposit, difficult to get hold of, poor customer service. I wanted to cancel the purchase but decided to carry on - my mistake.

It was to be serviced before I collected, plus a couple of other things I wanted done.
About 4 weeks after I'd collected it, the service indicator started saying a service was needed?!!
I called Conwy, they said the car had been serviced, told me to book in to my local dealer and ask them to reset the light - on my own time. I wasn't happy about wasting my time and fuel driving about 45 mins each way, plus I called them and they said they weren't able to do it as they had no proof it'd been serviced.

All this just because either;

a. it had never been serviced in the first place
b. some numpty had failed to reset the service indicator

They (Conwy) then sent L/R Assistance to my home address, when he arrived he said they were unable to reset the indicator, they even rang Land Rover central office - who said no. He also said that he'd been told I'd lost power and was stuck (they had lied to L/R Assist to get them to visit, which they would now be charged for)

So, after a few more calls and asking to speak to the dealer principle at Conwy, they agreed to pay for a service at my local dealer to assure me it was ok. This was the only way to make sure - because I didn't believe a word Conwy said to be honest, plus I'd done 3000 miles by the time the indicator had come on, even if they'd reset the indicator it'd be out of sync by 3k when I needed the next service.

I was so annoyed with the whole experience I sold the Disco days after it'd been serviced. The experience put me off buying from a main dealer. I'd never go back to Conwy, ever. After spending £41k on a vehicle I thought I'd be treated better.

Just make sure they've reset the service indicator - that's probably why they have now put new video measures in place.
Post #401511 23rd Feb 2015 9:24pm
gilarion

I think all dealerships have good and bad episodes, thankfully I have only ever had good service from them. Maybe because I am local and they do not want bad service reported locally For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #401711 24th Feb 2015 4:15pm
Brillo

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Conwy Landrover
I would definitely recommend Conwy Landrover as the place to buy. I travelled from Oswestry as their website had a good choice of pre-registered 90’s. After a number of hours of deliberation I came away having ordered a new 90XS to my own spec. The Sales guys were terrific plenty of help and attention. I had subsequently had to amend the order as the black pack option was withdrawn by the time my order got to LR HQ. Tim the Sales guy was careful to ensure I understood the options I had. He is also very thorough in ensuring the revised spec was available plus follow up and confirming the vehicle order and anticipated delivery date.

I now just have to wait until mid-April for delivery.
Post #401827 24th Feb 2015 9:50pm
Lambley

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Java Black
I must have had the one and only bad experience by the sounds of it, which is typical. I'm sure they are a good dealership, I had to travel 250 miles to get the exact car I wanted as the Disco commercials are in short supply, I think once I'd been told by the salesman to expect a call on Monday (which never came) things were on a downward slope. Then the service indicator topped it off.
Like I say, I'm sure they are good but my own experience wasn't.
Post #401857 24th Feb 2015 10:34pm
gilarion

You are right about how annoying it is when someone promises to phone and then does not, the same thing has happened probably to us all at one time or another, though personally if they do not phone me I always phone them. I also think you have to bear in mind that while personal service is very commendable usually the person you are expecting the call from has to deal with many other customers and sometimes they just forget about you or that they are awaiting themselves for a call in order to relay information to you. It’s still bloody annoying though when they don’t call you back as promised. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #401995 25th Feb 2015 2:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1