↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Nanocom - As10
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Yesjus

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Nanocom - As10
Hi, not an urgent one but more annoying than anything…my courtesy lights.
They aren’t coming on in the auto setting for any door.
I’ve checked all door switches and the lights flash once when locking and unlocking. After a bit of reading on here it’s pointing towards the AS10.
I’m hoping it’s just turned off in the settings but need a Nanocom or equivalent to access this.

Don’t suppose anyone on here is local to me that has one I could borrow to quickly check this?
I’m Ash Vale, Surrey area.

Thanks in advance 👍
Post #971760 20th Nov 2022 1:02am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
It's more likely a blown fuse than a fault with the AS10. There are several beyond the obviously marked that relate to the alarm system, so I'd recommend checking all in the fuse box beneath the steering wheel as a first step.

Have you changed any bulbs recently such as the indicator side repeaters or replacing the interior lights with LEDs? Does your radio still work? Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #971772 20th Nov 2022 9:34am
Yesjus

I did recently change them to LED interior bulbs but they weren’t working in the auto position before this.
They work normally when in the on position so didn’t think a fuse was the culprit?
Post #971777 20th Nov 2022 10:35am
LandRoverAnorak

The auto setting on the interior lights is a separate feed controlled by the alarm and is on a separate fuse, so yeah, still could be. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

Post #971813 20th Nov 2022 4:22pm
Yesjus

Good stuff, will give that a go then. Don’t suppose you have any idea on the fuse location?
Post #971816 20th Nov 2022 4:59pm
LandRoverAnorak

I think F2, F8 and F30 are related. Also check whichever one is for the radio. Darren

Post #971817 20th Nov 2022 5:10pm
Yesjus

Checked all fuses and all good so pointing towards them being turned off in the AS10 at this point?
Post #972080 22nd Nov 2022 11:16pm
LandRoverAnorak

Whilst not impossible, that seems pretty unlikely, to be honest. Having said that, I'm all out of other ideas now Confused Darren

Post #972105 23rd Nov 2022 10:29am
Yesjus

Me too!! Only reason I’ve come to this conclusion is because of previous threads on the forum suggesting it’s a setting in the Nanocom that has the ability to switch settings on the interior lights.
Even though they are in the TD5 forum section, I’m assuming/hoping it’s the same for the Puma?
Post #972110 23rd Nov 2022 10:56am
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
There is a setting in the Puma AS10 for the interior lights, but unfortunately I'm not near to you. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #972119 23rd Nov 2022 11:45am
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Where in Surrey?

I'm in greater London not far from Hanger Lane and have a Nanocom
Post #972144 23rd Nov 2022 3:17pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
What year is your Puma Yesjus ?
Depending on the year you will have a 10AS or a ALM unit.

10AS is green, ALM is black, you can see them by removing driver footwell speaker and looking slightly upwards from the footwell.

The good news is that Nanocom state they support both units and have the ability to test the interior light function and configure the interior light function.

Points to note,
The Nanocom supports the 10AS unit well.

It supports the later ALM CH serial number units but there have been issues with its use that requires re-syncing with the engine ECU after changing the indicator flash on alarm setting. To do a resync the Nanocom requires the latest 1.36 beta 2 update. So just in case changing the interior light setting requires a resync be prepared, else you won’t be able to start the vehicle.

The DH version of the ALM unit has not been validated by Nanocom, as they have not been able to obtain a unit, however they think the Nanocom will work the same as with the CH versions. This may be true but the DH version does have some differences in hardware so I’m more cautious on its use with this last version of the ALM unit.

One last point to note is that it has been reported that interior lights fitted with LED bulbs can damage the ALM CH version circuits that deal with interior lights.

Guides

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/upload...0Guide.pdf

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/downloads/preview/alm-ecu
Post #972173 23rd Nov 2022 7:47pm
mata

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
I had a similar issue recently, my interior lights weren't triggered by any door other than the drivers door. The door switches and wiring was all good, tested with a multimeter into the relevant piun into the 10AS. The 10AS was seeing thedoors open as it would beep the horn if i tried to lock the car with the fob and a door was open. I borrowed a Nanocom and paid for the 10AS unlock code for defender. I went through the menus , swapped the interior light settings around, but the looked right so I put them back to how it was origionally and it started working again, so a bit of a mystery. I have swapped to 3 x Mud UK LED interior lights incase thats relevent.
Post #973286 3rd Dec 2022 6:19am
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
I recently fixed my door light which was down to numerous wiring issues, which I knew. Went through it all meticulously and now it all works fine.

One thing to note is that the lights don't stay on forever and if any of the switches or wires are shorted to ground the light will be off and stay off (unlike the olden days when it would drain your battery.

My bet is that it is s wiring/switch issue
Post #973331 3rd Dec 2022 6:56pm
Yesjus

Ianh wrote:
What year is your Puma Yesjus ?
Depending on the year you will have a 10AS or a ALM unit.

10AS is green, ALM is black, you can see them by removing driver footwell speaker and looking slightly upwards from the footwell.

The good news is that Nanocom state they support both units and have the ability to test the interior light function and configure the interior light function.

Points to note,
The Nanocom supports the 10AS unit well.

It supports the later ALM CH serial number units but there have been issues with its use that requires re-syncing with the engine ECU after changing the indicator flash on alarm setting. To do a resync the Nanocom requires the latest 1.36 beta 2 update. So just in case changing the interior light setting requires a resync be prepared, else you won’t be able to start the vehicle.

The DH version of the ALM unit has not been validated by Nanocom, as they have not been able to obtain a unit, however they think the Nanocom will work the same as with the CH versions. This may be true but the DH version does have some differences in hardware so I’m more cautious on its use with this last version of the ALM unit.

One last point to note is that it has been reported that interior lights fitted with LED bulbs can damage the ALM CH version circuits that deal with interior lights.

Guides

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/upload...0Guide.pdf

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/downloads/preview/alm-ecu

Thanks for the info! I have a 2008 110. I think I have the green one.
I did recently fit LED interior lights but they work fine in the permanently on position.
It’s just the “courtesy” position that doesn’t work currently.
Post #973752 7th Dec 2022 1:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>